2»

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I spy a Yelena Belova!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were in charge this is what I'd do:

1. Eliminate the bottom half of every star tier. Just erase them from the game. I'd say Thanos killed them to appease death. That way we don't have to wonder if it's worth it to pay 120 CP to buy that 13th cover for Sandman and champ him.

2. Since step 1 would eliminate all Banner Hulks I'd create a new 5-star version of him that is so overpowered he'd make Gambit soil himself.

3. Run a new lightning round every day where the featured character is one of the 5-star Avengers. Prizes would include tokens to a vault that included Avenger character covers from every star tier above 2-stars.

4. Put Thanos back on the loading screen, except he'd be nude wearing only a Santa hat, and lounging in a suggestive pose.

5. After growing tired of step 4 after a day I'd swap out Thanos for Moonstone.

6. I'd do something to make 2* Cap less sucky.

7. I'd release a 4-star 'Vision and Scarlet Witch' and use a cover from their old limited series. They'd be a direct counter to Rocket & Groot by passively generating fortified defense tiles at the beginning of every match, which would be buffed if you teamed them with another Avenger.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure there's gonna be a new release but I'll be happy if we get new covers for old characters.  Like 5Cap gets to wear the Nomad/Black Stealth Suit, one of the Hawkeyes gets a Fauxhawk like what Renner is wearing or any of the Nats go blonde.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely want a Special Ops Lumberjack Steve. I'd also like to see new versions of Bucky and Flying Sam, but I don't really see a good place to slot them in. 5* SWitch and 4* Clint seem very possible.

On April Fools Day, Steve changes to the 70s Nomad costume ;)
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    I'm going to have to vote for 5* Pepper Potts.

Hey, if Phil Coulson and Nick Fury are running around here, Pepper can run strategic coordination Like A Boss the same way she does keeping SI on track. She can act as an AP battery, for say 6 pink (oops I mean purple) her Backup Battery tosses 2-4 AP (depending on ability level) in the color of your choice at one one of your other characters. Rule the World for a passive yellow that increases the strength of any friendly special tiles on the board 10% every turn with an active 8 AP component that changes 3-5 tiles of your weakest color to your strongest color. Passive Strategic Retreat Black tosses a character who's just taken a bunch of damage airborne for 2 turns and returns them with half the health they lost and autotriggers Resource Gathering on landing.

In reality, I suspect we'll get a 5* Cap Marvel. Or maybe Quicksilver.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Just give me a week-long event combining the best / most interesting aspects of a lot of the newer events, but tie each day to an infinity gem.

• The theme is Thanos hunting for the gems
    • Each day you have to try to stop him from getting a different gem
    • Put a couple members of the Black Order as the end boss for each day / gem
    • Each day's story ends with the BO making off with their gem
    • Day 7 is an alliance fight against an over-powered Thanos
    • Thanos has powers tied to fortified gem tiles scattered across the board.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Falcon, Vision, Wanda, War Machine, Bucky, Wong, all appear in the trailer, but none jump out as a good 5* candidate to me.
    Scarlet Witch and Vision - why not? Both are important characters in Marvel lore. For me any of those could use a 5* version with a classic look.
    Totally. But then it wouldn't be a movie tie-in if they used the classic look. I'm talking about the characters that release alongside a movie or TV show they are associated with, carrying the look from that movie or TV show.

Technically, we already got Scarlet Witch and Vision tie-ins, alongside Quicksilver and Hulkbuster, WAY back when Age of Ultron came out. And we got War Machine and Bucky as 4*s when Civil War came out. Which is why they don't make good 5* candidates. Wong would make a great 4*, but I don't think he's 5* material. Then you've got Falcon. With the 3* Classic and 4* Captain America, I'd be down for a 5* based on the movies, but is that the character they'd use as a promotional tie-in for Infinity War? Or would they save 5* Falcon for the Blu-Ray release, you know?

If we get a 5* Scarlet Witch I figure it'll be like 5* Hulk, where we get her between movies, rather than alongside a movie.
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I can't pin a 5* down personally, but there are plenty of 4* possibilities. Black Order are the obvious choices. But Loki could be an option too. I'd hate to see a 4* humanoid Vision just because he looks so boring. Add onto that *SPOILER* it looks like he loses the infinity gem from his head, he may well be vastly powered down.
    The only other options I can think of would be guardians characters. Mantis is the only one in the trailer, but where's Nebula? Got a feeling she's going to have limited/no presence in the first film due to Jumanji commitments.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Infinity war is 11 years in the making.
    Therefore there is only one thing I would do for our patience and loyalty and that's award everyone playing MPQ a free 5* THANOS cover.

The fan boys are already having multiple orgasms over the brief THANOS clips already shown.
    It's time for mpq to give and not just take.

A free 5* THANOS cover to everyone. 
       :)

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Lack of foresight in already having all the A list heroes from the movies as 5*s, if they want to release a big attraction character for the movie. 

But, there's a silver lining. If you really want to drum up interest with a movie tie in character, you'd make it easily accessible to more people. That would be a 4*, not a 5*.

There's plenty of good choices for the 4* tier. Pretty much every existing in game character not named Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, or the GotG could be represented in that tier. As well as a slew of new characters.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    They'll start the 6* versions of the Avengers.   :D
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone just reminded me that Adam Warlock was teased at the end of GotG2. Seems like a good candidate for a 5*, or even the first 6*.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    We got our trailer tie in.

During the trailer we hear Nick Fury and see Hulkbuster Ironman. Plus Hulk is fresh off his Gladiator stint.

Ta da! Shield training trio.

/hides
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    5 star Dazzler.
    She was in that scene with Loki.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone just reminded me that Adam Warlock was teased at the end of GotG2. Seems like a good candidate for a 5*, or even the first 6*.
    They've said in interviews that Adam Warlock won' be in Infinity Wars.  I think there's too much going on already to try and get another new character in for that.  It sounds like more likely he'll be the villain in GotG3.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    i want Hela to be in it. she broke thors hammer! i want revenge!!

also she would be a great candidate for a *5 star woman. oh and yes the trailer was freaking fantastic! i cant wait for the movie. i am even more excited for it then the new star wars movie. how the hell did that happen?