Infinity War Trailer - MPQ Tie-Ins?

JHawkInc
JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

The first Avengers Infinity War trailer is up. And it looks awesome.

So, the obvious question for MPQ, what do you think it means for the game? What kind of tie-in characters or events do you want or expect?

Tradition is a 5* character tie-in (Cap, Iron Man, Strange, Black Panther, Natasha, Clint, Star Lord, and Thor) with some 4* tie-ins (Mordo, Hulkbuster, Gamora, Rocket & Groot, Yondu, Main Event Hulk, Vulture, Winter Soldier, War Machine, etc) as well.

So who do you want? We've got most of the main cast as 5*s already (including Hulk and Thanos, though those aren't strictly MCU versions). To add to what we have.... Loki? He'd be a good choice for the game, if he's in the movie enough to be a good tie-in. Beyond that I'm stumped. Falcon, Vision, Wanda, War Machine, Bucky, Wong, all appear in the trailer, but none jump out as a good 5* candidate to me.

Personally, I'd like a mess of 4*s related to the movie. Bearded Cap, blonde Natasha, red/black Spidey, maybe a Thanos that looks like Brolin. A non-Hulkbuster Iron Man. All variants of characters we already have, but they don't exist as 4*s (or do in other forms, like Peggy, Flaptain, Riri, and Hulkbuster)

As for events, I'd like to see a true global event. Like, a Boss Thanos with a global counter for how much damage has been done, and rewards that go to the entire playerbase when we cross certain thresholds. So even if the fight becomes near-impossibly difficult and normal alliance/player rewards have been earned, there's a benefit to continuing to chip away at him. Something that feels bigger than normal events to go with this monumental movie event.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    Falcon, Vision, Wanda, War Machine, Bucky, Wong, all appear in the trailer, but none jump out as a good 5* candidate to me.
    Scarlet Witch and Vision - why not? Both are important characters in Marvel lore. For me any of those could use a 5* version with a classic look.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    The big missing one is Loki as a 5*. Maybe that will be tied into the Thor DVD/Blu Ray/Digital release.  
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    If any of you have read the comics, the Cul Obsidian will be in the film so I think some villains would be a welcomed addition.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    With so many characters in the movie and in the game, I think a fun idea would be a boss battle against Thanos that is very difficult but you get to bring multiple waves of heroes would be a good fit.  Not as a boss event because that would be murder on health packs, but more something like the Dr. Strange event where it's a story event with a boss battle at the end.
  • Eagledave
    Eagledave Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Nebula would be good, as an anti thanos.

Mantis as a healer / counter to strike tiles - 4* though.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    my hope is for MPQ to survive until Infinity war. tbh, it is amazing for a mobile game to survive this long.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Wong

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    We should get that Thanos DDQ in celebration. For the movie itself probably a bunch of variants...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see any tie-ins to MPQ in the trailer.  Loki was holding a big blue cube, but I'm pretty sure that was the tesseract and not an MPQ tile :-p
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    I think Thanos with the gauntlet might be the first 6*
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    lpearl said:
    Don't be a fool. Clearly I, the Dread One, will be the first 6-star. Thanos is nothing more than a puppet for his mistress Death.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I want a 5* Stan Lee
  • broll
    lpearl said:
    Isn't Thanos with the gauntlet already a 5*?  I'd much rather see a boss event where Thanos is the boss and all MCU characters at all rarities are boosted and them release a few new ones.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I think we will get a big boss event rather than a 5* release though we are very overdue a Loki 4* or 5*
  • broll
    I think we will get a big boss event rather than a 5* release though we are very overdue a Loki 4* or 5*
    That would be amazing, when did Hideo Kojima join Demi?!  (or Disney buy Konami)

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    We should get that Thanos DDQ in celebration. For the movie itself probably a bunch of variants...
    This was so good when it was first run. A week of double DDQs :smile:@Brigby, please ask the devs to switch it back on again for us :smile:
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    What’s the longest running mobile game? Mpq seems to be doing well
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    I'd prefer if they added some of Thanos' Black Order, they are in the movie:
    Black Swan
    Proxima Midnight
    Corvus Glaive
    Ebony Maw
    Supergiant
    Black Dwarf
    We have enough copies of Avengers as it is. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    We'll get a more powerful version of Thanos.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Maybe this will be the introduction to 6* tier.  Bearded Captain, Hulkbuster V.2, Human looking Vision, Pregnant Scarlet Witch, Eye Patch Thor, Bug Eyed Loki, Jet Pack Flappy with sidekick, so many possibilities!