Anyone else annoyed by the required 5star rotation in pve?

Options
For us non whales..it' really annoying that, with the exception of 5lord it seems like the required 5 star in pve has almost always been the most recently released one's.
Basically this allows whales to get those extra points from that node that those of us who don't have all the recent releases can't compete in due to not having the char or being underleveled.
I love that they added a 5star node, but it would be much more fair to the whole community if the rotation was oldest to newest.
Anyone else irked by this whale rewarding decision?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah it's annoying.  I would much rather it be L C L C L C, that way latest still get more running because they'll cycle back after 3, but it's one on one off and it's not gonna take forever to get through classics the first time...
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But the newest ones are the easiest to get since it's a 5% chance per in Latest packs.  If you didn't have, say, Black Widow, then it would be very difficult for you to get one in a Classic pack at this point.

I'm all for starting at the beginning of 5*s and going forward, but I understand the decision.
  • broll
    Options
    Orion said:
    But the newest ones are the easiest to get since it's a 5% chance per in Latest packs.  If you didn't have, say, Black Widow, then it would be very difficult for you to get one in a Classic pack at this point.

I'm all for starting at the beginning of 5*s and going forward, but I understand the decision.
    There's two sides to that coin.  With them only being available from H4H when they are featured, someone with a 5/5/2 classic could have to wait like 1.5 - 1.75 years for that rotation to get around that.  Featuring a Latest every other would still ensure there are plenty of opportunity for those who have them to exercise them and Classics featured more often would promote people spending CP there.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The stated pattern is LLLCC.  3 Latest then 2 Classics.  Repeat.

I am no whale - just VIP plus occasional sale - but play a lot.  My Spidey is at 13, and have all Latest rostered (9DD, 6 gam, 1 Thor).  Thor should be in about 5 Events if they go chronologically for Latest, as they have been.

Pull Latest, is my recommendation.
  • Orion
    Options
    If would be very nice if the H4H store was smart enough to offer the right cover in that case.  I still don't know if I'd buy it, but I'm sure a lot of people would.  My Black-Suit Spidey and Phoenix have both been 5/2/5 for over a year.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, I think I have a solution. Not likely to be implemented, but still.

We know they can offer A/B pricing on HfH. So what would happen is that if you have ZERO covers for a Classic 5*, you could purchase their first cover for 20 CP. Any subsequent cover would be 250 CP. If you have ZERO covers for a Latest 5* you could purchase their first cover for 25 CP. Any subsequent purchases would be 500 CP. Then the rotation would change to LL, CL alternating.

It would still keep the LL more prevalent for the 5* required but would also allow people to compete that just may be missing out on characters. 
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I still feel like the system heavily favors whales...Yes I have a better chance to pull on latest...but u have to have the currency for those pulls...whereas I have better coverage on classics just due to the passage of time...seriously..gambit was just freaking released and now he is put next required in PVE?  Least it wasn't 5thor I guess
  • Orion
    Options
    seriously..gambit was just freaking released and now he is put next required in PVE?  Least it wasn't 5thor I guess
    You just need 1 cover for him to play those nodes.  He's been out for over a month.  At least the next PvE will be pretty simple for my level 569 Gambit.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, I understand why latest are more frequent, but personally I’d like to see more classics.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PHX and OML still have not had a feature yet.  This makes no sense.   We are to have deep rosters and yet they still have not used these yet.  
  • chill21genlee
    Options
    Yeah you only need 1 cover...but after clear 4 or so it gets pretty impossible w a lol 255-300 reqd no matter what support you give him...unless (once again) you are whaleish and have lvl 500+ support chars to play with...I almost always have the reqd char..it's just that I can't finish the tinykitty node for max pro...I know I can drop scl but if rather not get less rewards..first world problems o guess just annoyed with the way they implemented it to use the latest 5s so much
  • broll
    Options
    Orion said:
    seriously..gambit was just freaking released and now he is put next required in PVE?  Least it wasn't 5thor I guess
    You just need 1 cover for him to play those nodes.  He's been out for over a month.  At least the next PvE will be pretty simple for my level 569 Gambit.
    He's only been pullable from CP for a little over a week.  Unless you hit the Saakar jackpot (1:533 I think, the only way to get him before that) you've only had a week.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The game will continually encourage people to chase the newest toy. You do not need to be a whale to get one cover for a latest legend.

If they did it every other (latest then classic) people who are slightly newer would complain on the dilution of classics and how it's impossible to get a cover for them.

This is yet another situation where regardless what they do people will be annoyed.

The way it is now is not a whale exclusive feature.
  • chill21genlee
    Options
    by that logic it should be something like lclclc 50/50...but it isn't it's 3 l for 2 c 60/40
  • Orion
    Options
    broll said:
    Orion said:
    He's only been pullable from CP for a little over a week.  Unless you hit the Saakar jackpot (1:533 I think, the only way to get him before that) you've only had a week.
    He was talking about Gambit, who's the next required 5*.  Not Thor.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RE: 5E nodes.  other than the crazy Bolt Medusa Lockjaw node, you can do any 5e with a 1 cover, Gamora and Vulture.  You may need to ap boost.  you may wipe a few times, but it is how i green checked 5e nodes without 5*s.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Well, I think I have a solution. Not likely to be implemented, but still.

We know they can offer A/B pricing on HfH. So what would happen is that if you have ZERO covers for a Classic 5*, you could purchase their first cover for 20 CP. Any subsequent cover would be 250 CP. If you have ZERO covers for a Latest 5* you could purchase their first cover for 25 CP. Any subsequent purchases would be 500 CP. Then the rotation would change to LL, CL alternating.

It would still keep the LL more prevalent for the 5* required but would also allow people to compete that just may be missing out on characters. 

If you could get a 5star for 25CP, everyone would wait to pull until they got their 1st cover at that price and then pull. Might as well suggest they just give everyone a free cover when released.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit is the third Latest fivestar this cycle after Spider-man (who was still in Latest when Webbed Wonder started) and Daredevil, so next week should see two Classic fivestars before the Latest cycle starts again. We might not see Thor as an Essential fivestar until the second half of December.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    PHX and OML still have not had a feature yet.  This makes no sense.   We are to have deep rosters and yet they still have not used these yet.  
    Here are all the unfeatured classics to date:
    Black Widow
    Thanos
    Phoenix
    Black Panther
    BSSM
    OML
    Cap
    Dr Strange
    Banner
    Edit:  and Hawkeye

(How did I forget Hawkeye? I have 250 CP for that first cover and 13/13, finally.)

At a rate of 2 per 5 events that’s about 2 1/2 weeks, or 3 months yet before all are featured once.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also hawkeye