Options
2»

Comments

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:
    jredd said:
    did a mini hoard pull yesterday. 25 lt and 500 cp worth of latest. got 2 bonus 4* and one bonus 5*. also had a bonus 4* from a sakaar arena token earlier this week. pulling a couple a day probably isn't going to result in seeing much on that front.
    Teach me how odds are worse if pilling 2 / day instead of 50 at once?
    It's still 5% per token ain't it?
    I think s/he means less likely to notice the accumulation/ratio. Because it's so far between times. Except when you're actively tracking (as you indicated you are...)

Last week or maybe it was the one before, I pulled a 4* from a Heroic token and got a BH for it. That was a surprise. I haven't pulled many LTs lately mostly because I'm in ISO crunch working on champing someone I got right after I passed my new baseline hoard for "I might want that 5* character for this PVE" safeguard.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    jredd said:
    did a mini hoard pull yesterday. 25 lt and 500 cp worth of latest. got 2 bonus 4* and one bonus 5*. also had a bonus 4* from a sakaar arena token earlier this week. pulling a couple a day probably isn't going to result in seeing much on that front.
    as animaniac mentioned, i pulled 50 tokens in one day. 5% of 50 is 2.5 bonus heroes. i pulled 3, so pretty much right on target. 2 pulls a day = 25 days to pull 50. this means you can reasonably expect one every 12 days pulling that way. however, by only pulling 2 at a time, you're only giving yourself a 5% chance over 2 pulls compared to 50 pulls. whether pulling bonus heroes or 5* covers, more pulls will give you a better chance of getting what you want. small sample sizes in a random setting generally leads to disappointment. 

try hoarding up a significant number of pulls rather that pulling 2 a day.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It definitely is slower when you're depending on those bonus heroes for whatever reason. It feels like forever trying to get my R&G from 259 to 265. 

Building my gambit up to 183 was quick though since i had him as my BH simply because I wanted a gambat.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    mexus said:
    jredd said:
    as animaniac mentioned, i pulled 50 tokens in one day. 5% of 50 is 2.5 bonus heroes. i pulled 3, so pretty much right on target. 2 pulls a day = 25 days to pull 50. this means you can reasonably expect one every 12 days pulling that way. however, by only pulling 2 at a time, you're only giving yourself a 5% chance over 2 pulls compared to 50 pulls. whether pulling bonus heroes or 5* covers, more pulls will give you a better chance of getting what you want. small sample sizes in a random setting generally leads to disappointment. 

try hoarding up a significant number of pulls rather that pulling 2 a day.
    Well, you still won't end up with more BH per day, but you'll definitely end up with less disappointment per day.