What's your record for getting covers in one colour with no other color gotten (i.e. 5/0/0)

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I must have gotten 12 ProfX blue  before any other color, same with Quake about 8-9 blues before any other color

I don't know what it is with blues
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Wonko33 said:
    I must have gotten 12 ProfX blue  before any other color, same with Quake about 8-9 blues before any other color

I don't know what it is with blues
    And, of course, the first IF 4* champion cover reward (from IF 3*) is blue!

I wish they could have the same order (top to bottom) for all cover rewards, then you'd not have to feel like it could have been a color you actually can use :disappointed:
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a 0/9/0 Fury back when he was only one of three 4-stars in the game.  He eventually was 2/13/3 before I finally got the covers I needed to get him up to 270.  Now, it's Quake and Spider Girl at some combination of 1/5/5, with Lockjaw sitting at 1/4/5.  In terms of 5-stars, my Green Goblin is 1/4/0.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Ice man purple. Had gotten 13 purples after the five to cover it.  Rng mah ****. 
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    My 4* Luke Cage started 8/0/0 and my Miles Morales started 0/12/0. Cage is now 5/2/1 and Morales is fully covered awaiting iso to champ someday.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    I had a 0/0/5 emo Old Man Logan.
    Then i got an few more covers and he had a twin emo Old Man Logan.
    Then i had another red cover for him. So i added a baby emo Old Man Logan.

(if anyone is counting, we're talking about a 0/0/11 distribution on a no-swaps-allowed-unless-you-are-a-huge-cheater classic 5*)

The twins eventually learned the ability to survive a single match, and after a year, both of them were no longer emo, but a stunning WTH 0/5/5. then sometime was day 820 of daily ressuply, and the firstborn reached a 1/5/5 becoming usable.
    Then he got nerfed and sold all 3 of them :)
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
     0/11/0 ghost rider was having a laugh for a long time. 

It's now 4/20/3.  

Similarly, I have a 0/5/5 Thing (probably 0/8/9 by now).  What are the cover progression rewards for the Hulk event?  Green and Yellow.   Fun!
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Poor game design from a player standpoint, great from the accountants perspective.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Poor game design from a player standpoint, great from the accountants perspective.
    Agree, and bonus heroes is no solution since you just stand the chance of getting the same unusable cover again. And, for me, 4* bonus heroes dont happen that often that I want to risk having any character with 5 in any color as bonus hero.
  • Landale
    Joke's on them, I wouldn't spend any money for Thing ;).  (He's ok, I just have better characters I can play =))
  • Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Eleven of the covers I drew for 5*Star Lord were yellow covers, thank god he was in Latest when that happened.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure I've ever had a character (other than a 2* maybe) at 5/0/0... if I did it was Punisher, back when he was released. I think I got 6 Black covers before anything else.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't remember ever having a 5/0/0 situation on anything other than a 2-star (since I started farming). I've had a couple ugly 5/5/1 problems on 4-stars that took a while to go away. I'm not sure which is worse, because the 5/5/1 is sooo close you can taste it and 66.6% of the time you're going to get an unusable cover.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

My 4* Cyclops is sitting at 5/0/0.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mordo's blue stalked me for quite a while - he was up to 0/7/0 before I finally pulled a different color. Likewise, Prof X was so proud of his blue (as well he should be, it's a good power) that he decided to let me have six of his blue covers before I earned another color. Jumping on the "blue is cool" bandwagon, Quake at 1/1/7 has a good laugh at my crestfallen expression when she throws a blue my way.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    NotBAMF said:

My 4* Cyclops is sitting at 5/0/0.

I have him champed now, but for a good while my 4* Cyclops was 0/5/0! Absolutely useless.
  • Landale
    I have him champed now, but for a good while my 4* Cyclops was 0/5/0! Absolutely useless.
    Well, getting 4 AP of your strongest color for matching Team-up Tiles isn't too bad.  But compared to his other powers, it's not as useful, that's true =).
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    My Vision is 8/1/0.  Squirrel is 9/1/3.

I can't figure out how to get 4* and 5* covers consistently so fortunately(?) I haven't had that problem in 4* land yet. 
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Totally (not) Awesome Hulk black: 12 covers. 
    Any other color: 0
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I had R4G at 0/4/0 until I finally pulled a Blue.

Also I got my very first Lockjaw cover last week. In the span of 1 week he's now 3/0/0  :|