Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
we need more 7 days event

Comments

• Kmjakob
    i like them and it give more reward :)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    As long as they're not all the Hulk, yeah.
  • Kmjakob
    mexus said:
    Kmjakob said:
    i like them and it give more reward :)
    Does really one 7 day event give more rewards than one 3 and one 4 day event?
    Yeah what i have sean
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol the forums used to complain about 7 day events now we want more.  How about just mory story modes events, gauntlet with updated rewards base on CL, update rewards for PVP and add CL9, buff some low level 4* and 5* and add back week long LR.  The sakar LR were awesome!!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont mind them, but agree on the repetition. Its ridiculously boring. 

Why do I spend all day Friday fighting Venom, Daken & Ares to then have them turn up again Saturday? Theres so many characters in this game, why do we have to fight the same ones two, three, four days in a row? 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont mind them, but agree on the repetition. Its ridiculously boring. 

Why do I spend all day Friday fighting Venom, Daken & Ares to then have them turn up again Saturday? Theres so many characters in this game, why do we have to fight the same ones two, three, four days in a row? 
    LOL,  Thats not true.  in fact you can tell how old the event is based on who's actually in it.  Dark avengers are all in the events older than Meet Rocket Groot, and goon heavy on events afterwards.  The majority of events were written in the Dark avengers era,  but there are just as many recent events that are goon/mindless/symbiote heavy.

Its a pretty reasonable split of enemies at the moment. 
  • Nick441234
    What is stopping them changing the line ups though? Why do they have to remain the same just because they are old events? Who really cares if the stories at the start dont match up with the characters we face, just stop us having to face the same characters days after days after days. 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    One benefit of 7-day events is that you get two covers for the same 4-star character in progression, which is arguably better than two different 4-stars from separate 3/4 day events.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don’t get more rewards vs playing a 3+4.  They basically double the rewards. The only benefit is rewarding more covers for the 3/4 in progression, allowing you to advance those characters a little more.  But you get the same number of total 3* and 4* covers as normal. 

The biggest upside might be that if you can play consistently, you can usually get good placement.  Also if you get tired of playing, progression can be hit on day 6 or very early on 7 and you can stop if you want.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Hulk is a rough one because of all the super tedious Dark Avenger nodes, but I admit to being a big fan of when Enemy Of The State rolls around. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is stopping them changing the line ups though? Why do they have to remain the same just because they are old events? Who really cares if the stories at the start dont match up with the characters we face, just stop us having to face the same characters days after days after days. 
    Because reworking old events requires work and doesn't make additional money.
    Basically it's what they do when they run out of everything else they could be working on.
  • Nick441234
    Isn't it also their job to ensure people keep playing the game though? Is boring people to death going to do that? 
  • Bowgentle
    Isn't it also their job to ensure people keep playing the game though? Is boring people to death going to do that? 
    They have the metrics.
    Apparently nobody stops playing PVE even if they run the same stuff forever.

See also: lightning rounds.
  • Nick441234
    edited November 2017
    Sooner or later they will though. Sooner or later. Only so long you can keep fighting the Dark Avengers before its one fight too many. I've been playing this game close to 3 years now and its starting to bug me now. It will keep increasing to the point when I will just stop playing one day. No one can tolerate repetition forever. 
  • Bowgentle
    edited November 2017
    I've been doing it for 4 years.
    It doesn't matter what PVE it is, after the first run they all turn into "skip to go to next fight ".

With fixed levels dark avengers aren't worse than the other PVEs.
    Was much worse when my Boobstone nodes had her at level 454 with about a billion health.
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    The double progression rewards are nice, having to play optimally for 7 nights in a row is taxing.

on the flip side, I do like 7 day events when I don't care about the cover reward.  Only going for progression can turn a 7 day event into a mini vacation from the game.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    There nothing wrong to say that once a year all events should be rexamined and tweaked.  As a four year old game,  its perfectly natural to think that "prodigal sun" has grown old and stale.  I re member when the event was debuted and was considered "cutting edge"

free cover
    branching paths, etc...

I do acknowledge that the devs generally include 1 new feature/innovation/goon type with each new pve event.  But after a certain point of time.  What's the game benefit for developing "mindless goons" that are only in 1 out of 20 (or however many pve events exists)??

It would make sense to plan out a refresh of enemy node compostions/themes once every 2/3 years.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheDobot said:
    The double progression rewards are nice, having to play optimally for 7 nights in a row is taxing.  
    That's the nice thing about CL9. You can start the sub the next morning and grind an hour early, but as long as you do 7 clears each day you'll finish T50 and get a 4* from placement.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I swear the Dark Avengers' abilities have actually gotten slower.  You could always make a cup of tea while Moonstone casts her powers, but even Bullseye's passive feels like trudging through a mudpit.