Best Stunner?

Options
Ps2king164
Ps2king164 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Alright questers,  still relatively new to mpq and was wondering what character has the best stun?  Is black Widow and C.storm as good as it gets? 
Tagged:

Comments

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Iceman is #1, Gemora and Dr Strange are up there Storm is solid but as a 2 star she will not survive outside of very specific situations.  I would argue Furry now has one of the best stuns in the game (comparable to Dr Strange) but I know I will get some push back on that one, Sandman's is also decent but his yellow kills him on most teams.  If you include the knock up stun Nova and Ironheart are both great, but they are not "stuns".  Hope this helps.  
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SW, 3DD, and Lcap(as TU only) are decent stunners too.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dr Strange. He's stuns while also doing damage and destroying ap. It doesn't get much better than that.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    You are all incorrect. Peggy has the best stun in the game. 2 characters for 3 turns followed by 16k damage? No one can top that.
    Glad you said it. I was just shaking my head that no one had mentioned her! 

But Icy’s insanely cheap stun is awesome, especially backed up with 8k damage. 
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I thought you were on about attractive women.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Iceman is probably the best overall one.  It's super cheap, and Iceman is top tier/almost top tier.

I've skipped matches because of Iceman in PvP.  I'm not that scared of Peggy even though she's very good.
  • Ps2king164
    Ps2king164 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Cool thanks guys guess I'll be holding onto MBW until someone else comes along 
  • hopper1979
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    You are all incorrect. Peggy has the best stun in the game. 2 characters for 3 turns followed by 16k damage? No one can top that.
    Yep you are right I have not used her much so she slipped my mind.  :)
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Is this what you're looking for?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Depends what you're looking for, I suppose. 11 AP is a lot more than the 6 that Ice Man and Gamora need.
    Ps2king164 said:
    Alright questers,  still relatively new to mpq and was wondering what character has the best stun?  Is black Widow and C.storm as good as it gets? 
    MBW won't be worth using in matches just for her stun for very long; once you're firmly using 2*s she'll actively be a hindrance with her low health, poor match damage, and lack of damaging powers. You'll also find that 2* characters just have better (and cheaper, for the most part) abilities than the 1*s, and stunning is much less important overall because you can just fire damaging powers to end the match now, instead of stunning them and hoping to win later.

Welcome to the forums :)

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Depends what you're looking for, I suppose. 11 AP is a lot more than the 6 that Ice Man and Gamora need.
    Well, the question wasn't: 'What is the Cheapest Stun'.  :p  My Peggy is usually attached to IM40 so at 6 yellow her stun is pretty cheap too!

In all seriousness, MBW has a great stun for 1-stars, Storm has a great stun for 2-stars, Switch and Doc Strange get it done in the 3-star tier, and you can't go wrong using Peggy, Iceman, or Gamora in 4-star land. Stunning is a useful tactic and there's a lot of good ones out there. Fun topic!
  • hopper1979
    Options
    That was my interpenetration as well, this is why I might put Furry at #2 or #3 after Peggy or Iceman, I like the speed of Iceman so he might have the edge over Peggy but you need to cast it twice for the damage side of the power.   It is a fun debate and a lot depends on the team you are running.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I know I will get some push back on this, and I am not saying that she is top tier. But Spider-Gwen can be very useful. Pair her with a Purple generator and after you drop one opponent you can pretty well stun lock the rest of the team. Her Red isn't bad (when boosted it is huge) and her yellow provides healing. 

As a stand-alone, like in a 1 vs 1, I would go with Iceman all day long. But when pairing with teammates, SG shouldn't be overlooked.

- Croak.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin had the best Stunner.

GIMMIE A HELL YEAH
    HELL YEAH!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GamBattery, Spider-Gwen, Peter Parker is the best stun team.
  • csista
    csista Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My favorite is actually MBW’s stun as a team-up. I try to make sure I always have at least three ready to go in my team up queue and always keep one slot reversed for it in every match. Gamora’s stun is the main reason I always pair her with Grocket instead of another Guardian. And you can’t go wrong with Iceman and Peggy for stunning.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Hulk event is one of the times I use the one-star Black Widow in normal PvE, actually.  Her 5-turn stun of MEGAHULK (where he is the only character in the node) plus her ability to steal his AP makes her quite useful.  I team her with 3-star Daken and 3-star Wolverine (aka Patch) so they take the damage from all the colors for her, as she is super squishy.  Wait until you've got enough blue to stun him twice.  Stun him, then use Patch's green to do lots of extra damage with the strike tiles.  Over the course of the 10 turns, you will hopefully do enough damage to prevent him from surviving the stun.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gamora's Incapacitate at 5 covers of BLUE will stun one enemy for 3-turns and another enemy for 1-turn. It then creates special tiles for each stunned enemy (whether she stunned them or not). She does this for only 6 AP, which means things can get quite out of hand with a pocket of BLUE or a battery. 

It comes in cheaper then Peggy's, and has some added damage potential. Peggy's is crushing if her countdown's resolve, but Gamora comes out the gate first. Run them both with IM40 or Vulture to see humorous levels of control and chaos.