My History- PhantomSniper

Options

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @*** could not have said it better myself. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Um, so what happened about the cheating?
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Lucifier said:
    Daiches said:
     I got an Amazon Store credit card the week before, $10,000 line of credit and maxed it out. Purchased about 116 Starks in the course of 2 days, did 3, 5, 10 and 20 buys. Along with ***, ***, *** and a few other whales

I think it was great 2 days for other players for getting free cp (who are not the "Along with ***, ***, *** and a few other whales")

Daiches said:
    Then I found about about Amazon Digital Day….that’s when my spending exploded. December 30th, 2016, Starks were $37.50,
    I did not understand it here exactly, was the 1-stark price 37.5$, or is it somehow related to amazon digital that make the value of 1-stark less than 100$, anyway the end results 1-stark cost 37.5$
    what i want to say here, or what i notice in the game, by which is one of the things I hate (or don't like) in this game is the huge difference of HP/$ for different players (might be related to the area we live, or whether we are using IOS, Andriod, Steam, could be other reasons).

but if I remember correctly, I saw 1-stark buy gives 20kHP, 25kHP, or either 30k or 32k HP (and this is without the bonus), some they have bonus (the red text) some don't, which kinda makes me feel I've been cheated, as it is always 1-stark buy= 20k HP and without bonus for me.
    I'll answer since you are for some reason attributing this post to me..

oh sorry, I must made a mistake when i wrote my comments, I should write "DaBeast911  said"  instead of "Daiches said:"

when i want to quote a small portion of a large post, i do not click "Quote" I just copy/paste the small portion and then above it i write the name and the word "said:", for some reason i made a mistake and i put your name :)
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So has OP left the game now, or something? I get the same feeling as others; it seems that something has been removed from the post that has affected the context of it. Made it harder to read.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Um, so what happened about the cheating?
    You see that bump in the carpet?
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

broll said:
    This reads like a declassified CIA document.  I read the original before it got pulled and all of the name calling was of friends, not calling out other players.  Come on @Brigby / Mods, this is a bit ridiculous.  So I you say another players name at all you need it redacted...  

I was talking to my **** and he also thought this was *****.  So did ***** & ******.  *major eyeroll*

I was thinking an X-Files episode.  I think the entire point of the thread was edited out.  Anyone who brought up the point of the original post now has a jail icon.  Keep digging my friends, the truth is out there . . . somewhere.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Read this post before on reddit... 

TLDR version: people are (still) cheating and not much is being done about it.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, go search in the MPQ reddit sub for the "Uncensored Extended Directors Cut" version, makes more sense, like most Snyder films.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The original, unedited version had a large section that broke rule 7 of the forum rules. The entire post was originally removed, however with the understanding from the original poster that the rule-violating portion was edited out, I was then able to restore it to the forum.

When it comes to the specific player that many of you have already brought to our attention, we have investigated the player’s account, and found there was an error on our part that created their rapid roster growth; a combination of legitimate Customer Support cover swaps, and an oversight with accreditation of Classic Legends characters.

We will be working with this player to address this incident, and resolve it in a fair and appropriate manner. We apologize for any confusion this situation has caused.

@brollsaid:
    This reads like a declassified CIA document.  I read the original before it got pulled and all of the name calling was of friends, not calling out other players.  Come on Brigby / Mods, this is a bit ridiculous.  So I you say another players name at all you need it redacted...  
    The context of OP's post, where other players were mentioned, is a sensitive topic that other players may or may not want to be associated with publicly. OP is welcome to share their perspective of the situation, however if they wish to reference other individuals' in-game names, they must first acquire their express permission and communicate that in the post.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    The original, unedited version had a large section that broke rule 7 of the forum rules. The entire post was originally removed, however with the understanding from the original poster that the rule-violating portion was edited out, I was then able to restore it to the forum.

When it comes to the specific player that many of you have already brought to our attention, we have investigated the player’s account, and found there was an error on our part that created their rapid roster growth; a combination of legitimate Customer Support cover swaps, and an oversight with accreditation of Classic Legends characters.

We will be working with this player to address this incident, and resolve it in a fair and appropriate manner. We apologize for any confusion this situation has caused.

@brollsaid:
    This reads like a declassified CIA document.  I read the original before it got pulled and all of the name calling was of friends, not calling out other players.  Come on Brigby / Mods, this is a bit ridiculous.  So I you say another players name at all you need it redacted...  
    The context of OP's post, where other players were mentioned, is a sensitive topic that other players may or may not want to be associated with publicly. OP is welcome to share their perspective of the situation, however if they wish to reference other individuals' in-game names, they must first acquire their express permission and communicate that in the post.
    Thank you brigby for the communication. You are a delight on these forums that often has to deal with a crabby bunch of people. 

You are appreciated by a lot of people on these forums keep up the good work.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Long time no see.
    Meh!
    This guy was like the worst sniper in mpq history when i used to play hahaha how things change.

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Long time no see.
    Meh!
    This guy was like the worst sniper in mpq history when i used to play hahaha how things change.

I think worst sniper still.   He is a god in his own mind, but no one else's. 
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is the TC dying?
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    Hi everyone!
    Long time no see.
    Meh!

Careful, you'll get a warning :)

Personally, this came across to me as 'Look at how much I've spent and how good my roster is and I'll keep beating you because I can'.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Brigby I would challenge how that rule is written then.  It's extremely cumbersome for me to go and get ******'s permission before I mention them in a post.  (Also I see and do @******* references all the time and have never had to get someone's specific permission)  

IMO there should be an air of 'use your best judgement' in the rule that if you're mentioning someone in a positive light you don't need to get a signed permission someone to mention you that way...  Now I do agree that if someone is defaming someone that's a different story and should not be allowed.  Also if someone is mentioned in positive light in a post doesn't like that they should be allowed to petition for it to be redacted, but that should be the exception, not the rule IMO.

Also I @broll hereby state, in the sight of God and all these witnesses, that if anyone want's talk good about me or call me their friend on the forums they have my expressed permission to do so.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    Hi everyone!
    Long time no see.
    Meh!

Careful, you'll get a warning :)

Personally, this came across to me as 'Look at how much I've spent and how good my roster is and I'll keep beating you because I can'.
    It is, most assuredly, an mpq first-world problem.  I agree in concept, of course, that cheating creates a death spiral for a game if allowed to go unchecked.  But to most players, the "individual in question" has no more impact on their game than TC.  It's difficult to have empathy for someone who proudly starts their post with "I'm the reason your PvP gaming experience is frustrating and horrible."
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sorry, but what is “TC...?”
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

@brollsaid:
    This is.....unsettling. Quite a bit more was removed aside from the name-dropping, specifically the aspects of it that addressed how D3 has been dealing with this person in question as well as other cheaters. The fact that D3 themselves admits fault on their end is probably not going to do you any favors either. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Sorry, but what is “TC...?”
    "Topic Creator".  Also common "OP" = "Original Post(er)".
This discussion has been closed.