My History- PhantomSniper

Options

I am PhantomSniper, aka DaBeast911 (1st and original name), aka BeastIsBack (2nd name after I took a hiatus), aka DaCerealKiller (don’t ask), aka BeastDarkRage (4th name when I joined *** and became a menace) aka PhantomSniper (final name because you’ll be happily hopping and all of a sudden, I’ve hit you 5 times). The LINE community knows me well and I post to the forums every now and then, when an issue needs my attention. The title of this post definitely screams that need and so I’ll begin.

Any players names have been replaced with an asterisk, since my last post was deleted because of players names being mentioned.

I’ve been playing this game since January 11, 2014. I remember the day because that when I dislocated my knee and was looking for a game on the Apple App Store to past the time. I’m what you would call a veteran whale, didn’t start off as one but I’ll tell you how I evolved.

I noticed when I began all these players were having these incredible rosters, this was way before CP and 5 stars, when Wolverine X-Force was a god and 3 stars were relevant to EVERY match. I didn’t know about LINE at all but I was really interested in learning so I did some Googling and found out about the forums. So much information, guides on PvP, PvE, roster growth, powers and character description, I felt like I had hit the mother lode. But my roster wasn’t growing or performing the way I wanted and being the competitive person that I was, I had to figure out why. So I started playing PvP and was getting destroyed every time. About this time, Silver Surfer was introduced (along with Legendary Token ) as the first 5 Star and I was in ***, in a LINE battle chat with ***, which was led by ***, who ALWAYS placed first. So I got his contact info, messaged him and surprisingly, he wrote back. Anyone that knows *** knows he was the original whale so I was surprised he even took the time to get back to me, being that I never bought in the game at this point. We started chatting and he started helping me get my roster up. He actually sponsored me in my very first buy club and bought my first Stark for me and that was all she wrote. He then introduced me to ***, the other mega whale and around this same time, command points were introduced in the game. *** ran a room called VIP 3-Stark Buy, where everyone bought 3 Starks apiece (duh) and it was there that my buying began. First it was 3 Starks a week and I topped out somewhere around 15-24 Starks per month. Then I found about about Amazon Digital Day….that’s when my spending exploded. December 30th, 2016, Starks were $37.50, after refunded coins immediately buy Amazon for 2 days. I got an Amazon Store credit card the week before, $10,000 line of credit and maxed it out. Purchased about 116 Starks in the course of 2 days, did 3, 5, 10 and 20 buys. Along with ***, ***, *** and a few other whales, I met *** and ***, my alliance brothers to this day. I was in *** and started and a mild mannered player but being friends with ***, turned me into the PhantomSniper, the headache for a lot of people today. *** disbanded to my dismay and I joined *** and *** in ***, where I met ***. We took field trips to certain slices, particularly slice 4 where we waged war and I was extremely malicious and effective in infiltrating and sniping. I made a lot, I mean a lot of enemies, which I actually loved doing. My friends in the game were only the ones in my alliance, everyone else dies. Period.

*** eventually disbanded and along with ***, ***, *** and I, we formed *** and also *** buy club. It was around this time that Thanos/Black Panther/Hawkeye were in the Latest Legends and that was the greatest trio in the history of the game, you’d be a totally idiot to not to try to max them. In ***, we did 1 Stark buys 4-5 times per day and the fun was flowing. During the time before Thanos went to classics, I bought approximately, based on my receipts, 326 Starks, between ***, 3 Starks and 5 Starks VIP, during a 6 month and enjoyed every single minute of it. I had disposable income and could afford it easily, plus I was playing a game I loved. During my spending, I met ***, who ended up completing our squad, ***. We were guys that loved the game, loved growing our rosters and the comraderie of helping other to get their rosters up, that’s how we were….keyword in that sentence…were. What happened? Well…..

All game have glitches, bugs and exploits and Marvel Puzzle Quest has had it’s share. It’s a part of the game. Love it, like it or leave it, that’s what I say. In spite of all this, we still bought, played and grew our rosters. I got my Thanos to 550 not long ago and I figured I’d wait until Amazon Digital Day to buy again cause I felt, once you get Thanos at 550, game over. Plus my Black Panther is 515 and Hawkeye is 539, all my other 5 stars are between 454 and 496. All my 4 stars are maxed and I have a lot of duplicates. Plus I had some help from ***, he covered me in a lot of buys to help me max Thanos and I don’t know if he’s on the forums but I want to say, publicly, thank you brother. 

Thank you all for listening.

//Removed Forum Infractions, and Added Temporary Title -Brigby

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A bit hard to follow who's who when all are ***. Not to mention I keep reading them as curse words. May help if you simply changed them to fictional names.
  • ohp5000
    ohp5000 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is really heartfelt and sweet. 
  • PJ_Dupa
    PJ_Dupa Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This made me sad and not in the emotional type of sad but you know @ohp5000
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember when dabeast was in my alliance and was tops in PVE and he kept trying to beat my scores in PVP.  Needless to say his roster has passed by me now.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    LOL is this dude serious? 
  • ramoramo86
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This is the same guy that goes to clearance 6 pve then comes  here trying to flex virtual muscles? 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unholy wall of text is unholy.

Tl;Dr version required.
  • ramoramo86
    Options
    Anon said:
    Unholy wall of text is unholy.

Tl;Dr version required.
    I don't think most people read. Someone in my alliance summarized it for me. Based off that I typed my reply 
  • ohp5000
    ohp5000 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    hey @ramoramo86. someone has an emotional catharsis you shouldn't mock him. he needs our support. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    ***Don't take shots at the OP as it's against the rules. Continuing to do so will result in warnings and the closing of this thread.***
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Posting ... third time's a charm? Glad to see something emerge from the review board. Much quicker read LOL

Shoulda replaced the names with Player1, -2, -3, etc. Names removed to protect .... well, no one really.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please, please please tell me you spent within your means and didn't ruin yourself financially. I fear for people sometimes the way mobile games can manipulate human psychology and addictive tendencies.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    I feel like I’m missing some crucial bit of context to this post that may have been edited out?
    Yes, me too. Like the wardrobe and the lamppost weren't there on this trip into the forest...

Edit: Just saw the potshots comment, Ducky. This isn't meant as one, only a humorous way to say I'm not sure what it's all about...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So it removed the point of the post and only kept the set up?
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Daiches said:
    So it removed the point of the post and only kept the set up?
    The point of the thread is against forum rules
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DaBeast911  said  (edited before i put wrong name):
     I got an Amazon Store credit card the week before, $10,000 line of credit and maxed it out. Purchased about 116 Starks in the course of 2 days, did 3, 5, 10 and 20 buys. Along with ***, ***, *** and a few other whales

I think it was great 2 days for other players for getting free cp (who are not the "Along with ***, ***, *** and a few other whales")

DaBeast911  said (edited before i put wrong name):
    Then I found about about Amazon Digital Day….that’s when my spending exploded. December 30th, 2016, Starks were $37.50,
    I did not understand it here exactly, was the 1-stark price 37.5$, or is it somehow related to amazon digital that make the value of 1-stark less than 100$, anyway the end results 1-stark cost 37.5$
    what i want to say here, or what i notice in the game, by which is one of the things I hate (or don't like) in this game is the huge difference of HP/$ for different players (might be related to the area we live, or whether we are using IOS, Andriod, Steam, could be other reasons).

but if I remember correctly, I saw 1-stark buy gives 20kHP, 25kHP, or either 30k or 32k HP (and this is without the bonus), some they have bonus (the red text) some don't, which kinda makes me feel I've been cheated, as it is always 1-stark buy= 20k HP and without bonus for me.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Daiches said:
     I got an Amazon Store credit card the week before, $10,000 line of credit and maxed it out. Purchased about 116 Starks in the course of 2 days, did 3, 5, 10 and 20 buys. Along with ***, ***, *** and a few other whales

I think it was great 2 days for other players for getting free cp (who are not the "Along with ***, ***, *** and a few other whales")

Daiches said:
    Then I found about about Amazon Digital Day….that’s when my spending exploded. December 30th, 2016, Starks were $37.50,
    I did not understand it here exactly, was the 1-stark price 37.5$, or is it somehow related to amazon digital that make the value of 1-stark less than 100$, anyway the end results 1-stark cost 37.5$
    what i want to say here, or what i notice in the game, by which is one of the things I hate (or don't like) in this game is the huge difference of HP/$ for different players (might be related to the area we live, or whether we are using IOS, Andriod, Steam, could be other reasons).

but if I remember correctly, I saw 1-stark buy gives 20kHP, 25kHP, or either 30k or 32k HP (and this is without the bonus), some they have bonus (the red text) some don't, which kinda makes me feel I've been cheated, as it is always 1-stark buy= 20k HP and without bonus for me.
    I'll answer since you are for some reason attributing this post to me..

This predates the completly **** and unfair AB testing that gives a large percentage of players a huge benefit in standard purchases (you may read between the lines that I have never received any of these offers and am only getting 20k HP for 110€, the worst deal in the entire price range).

The 37,50$ Starks is due to a combination of half price Amazon coins for large purchase (500$). Think of it as a discounted gift card. You got 1000$ worth of gift card for 500$.
    pair this with the standard 30% special sale MPQ ran and you can see that you would only pay 37,50$ to get 20k HP. Or as actually ingame 100$ for 52000 HP.
This discussion has been closed.