Complete these teams!

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Synergy. That's what it's all about. Strong passives, special tile generation, board manipulation... these make strong characters. But synergy makes strong teams. Sometimes two characters go together like chocolate and peanut butter. They go so well together that you rarely seem them apart from one another. Some characters go well with lots of combinations. What follows are some of my favorite duos. Who do you think works best as a third? Just fill in the blanks. (Sorry there's no 5-star teams. That's above my pay grade.)

Carnage + Medusa + <blank>

4Gamora + 4Grocket + <blank>

Peggy + IM40 + <blank>

Riri + IM40 + <blank>

Thoress + IM40 + <blank>

Carol + Coulson + <blank>

Carol + Gambit + <blank>

Rhulk + Switch + <blank>

Rogue + 3Cage + <blank>

3Falcon + Wasp + <blank>

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3Falcon+Wasp+Medusa or C4rol. These carried me through two Seasons of my early 4* transition.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage+Medusa+Iceman
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Anon said:
    Carnage+Medusa+Iceman
    That team is like a war crime - it should be banned by the UN.
  • Anon
    Options
    Riri+IM40+Ragnarok

Carol+Coulson+Cloak and Dagger
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carol + Coulson + Sentry
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thoress or Peggy + IM40 + PunMAX
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Carnage + Medusa + (iceman / mr fantastic / 4rocket / lockjaw / 4blade / thing) - All fall somewhere between devilishly annoying to a war crime like Dromammu mentioned.

4Carol (553 or 355) + Gambit + (4blade / OML) - Another war crime. Prioritize yellow to pop gambit's countdowns. The damage per turn quickly goes from obscene to ludicrous. Super fun on wave nodes.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Thoress + IM40 + <blank>"

Yep...that pretty much describes how I clear most of the nodes in an event when Thoress is boosted.

For full rainbow coverage, your only choice is Gwenpool.  Others have the Purple/Green/Black ability colors, but she's the only one that has all three as active ones.
  • Dormammu
    Options

For full rainbow coverage, your only choice is Gwenpool.  Others have the Purple/Green/Black ability colors, but she's the only one that has all three as active ones.
    I like Moon Knight in that slot. He may only have 2 active of the three, but he's going to offer a lot more damage output - especially when his green is accelerated by IM40.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:

I like Moon Knight in that slot. He may only have 2 active of the three, but he's going to offer a lot more damage output - especially when his green is accelerated by IM40.
    I only said that she was the character that would let you use all three colors that IM40 lacks.  I agree that there are far better choices for the third that Gwenpool...my personal choice is the second battery-mate for Thoress - Vulture.  With him and IM40 on the team, Thor just keeps Smiting and Surging.  Vulture's Green AoE is a very nice addition to the team.  Just make sure you use Thor's Stun before Vulture takes off, or you lose 10 AP blue.

My Moon Knight is still waiting for a lot of ISO to get champed...he's sitting at 13 covers, but I need to refill my 2-star farm after champing a couple of other 4-stars for whom I had covers in the queue.  I can't wait to get him champed, though.  I've been hit by his green enough to know just how crazy his damage output can get.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage + Medusa + Pun Max 

Carol + Coulson + War Machine

Carol + Gambit + Lockjaw
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage + Medusa + iceman

4Gamora + 4Grocket + medusa (if facing enemies with special tiles)/vulture (if facing high HP/enemies you want to stunlock)/C&D (for funsies)

Peggy + IM40 + iceman

Riri + IM40 + Depends on how you're speccing her green. If you're ignoring it, someone who'd use it like iceman, or maybe Moon knight to use black too. If you are speccing for it, someone who'd cover the purple/black gap. So...probably kate?

Thoress + IM40 + Black bolt, or maybe lockjaw. Someone that makes charged tiles and uses green anyway

Carol + Coulson + Hawk5ye. Or gambit.

Carol + Gambit + coulson, see above

Rhulk + Switch + coulson. Or gambattery if you don't worry about being hit.

Rogue + 3Cage + <blank> I don't really get this team, can you explain the synergy?

3Falcon + Wasp + Carol, duh.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Spoit said:
    Peggy + IM40 + iceman
    A nasty team.

Spoit said:
    Carol + Coulson + Hawk5ye. Or gambit.
    Who do you think is better here, Gambit or Cloak & Dagger?

Spoit said:
    Rogue + 3Cage + <blank> I don't really get this team, can you explain the synergy?
    Rogue is the best tank in the game. With Cage's passive red defense tile set at 5, she's the best tank in the game on drugs. Cage adds active yellow and black, which Rogue does not have. Rogue will tank all their colors but black, mitigating a ton of damage by being in front - both match damage and power damage. With her green able to shut down one of the enemy's strongest colors, they're a defensive nightmare.

Straycat said:
    Carnage + Medusa + Pun Max 
    I'm gonna go try this team right now.
  • Anon
    Options
    @Dormammu Rogue+Spiderwoman+Cage

Have fun.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Oh, don't have a champed Spider-Woman yet. She's fully covered and just waiting on ISO. Do you use 3cage or 4cage @Anon ?

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Thoress + IM40 + <blank>

Although you lack a green, I've liked Mordo (5/3/5) in that last slot.  He can create charged tiles off of black (and blue, but it's rare you use his, except as a finisher when you have less than 10 red) and his purple can really shine in the current passive-dominated meta.    
  • Anon
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Oh, don't have a champed Spider-Woman yet. She's fully covered and just waiting on ISO. Do you use 3cage or 4cage @Anon ?

4Cage. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Carnage + Medusa + Iceman

Carnage 5/4/4
    Medusa 4/5/4 or 5/4/4
    Iceman 5/5/3

Raimbow isn’t covered but it doesn’t matter. Great speed with all the matching of opposing special tiles. Longevity when you match your own. Carnage’s Symbiotic Scythes is sneaky strong and because Iceman’s green and blue powers are so dangerous, you forget about him. 

Honorable Mention : 4Gamora/4Venom(Eddie)/3Hawkeye

4Gamora + 4Grocket + Medusa

you kill most characters in less than 5 moves at the start of the match. Medusa keeps you alive and deals that special tile damage off of the strong strikes. As the match goes on, you still have Gamora’s cheap stun to screw a team over.

Honorable Mentiom : 3Iron Fist/Mockingbird

Peggy + IM40 + 4Punisher

devastating once IM40ms cds resolve. Peggy stuns the back 2. Peggy kills the lead with Ultimate Soldier. Punisher waits until Peggy’s stun resolves, then kills whoever is left with Merciless Charge.

Honorable Mention : Jean Grey

Riri + IM40 + Gwenpool

Rainbow is covered. As devastating as Riri’s powers are, Gwenpool’s green and purple are borderline broken. Insane utility and power. 

Honorable Mention : Vulture/Jean Grey

Thoress + IM40 + Lockjaw

Self-explanatory. Lockjaw is a good defensive character who makes you pay with indirect damage. 

Honorable Mention : 4Hulk(TA)/Agent Coulson

Carol + Coulson + 5Hawkeye

standby for really long turns as your CDs go off. But it’s fun to me. 

Honorable Mention : 3Hawkeye/Drax

Carol + Gambit + Wasp

You need Wasp’s Tactical Intuition for your defense as all the characters on this team are squishy. No green or blue active but you won’t care. 

Honorable Mention : Quake

Rhulk + Switch + Vulture 

Vulture fills the color holes and speeds up RHulk’s devastating green AOE. 

Honorable Mention : TAH

Rogue + 3Cage + 3Iron Fist

CageFist has been a thing forever. Rogue makes the matches long with her defense. 

Honorable Mention : Mockingbird/Cloak & Dagger

3Falcon + Wasp + 3Punisher

this team is really fast. A bunch of cheap powers. 

Homorable Mention : Carol
  • Dinoangelus
    Dinoangelus Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If i am fighting goons I like using

3Falcon + 3Blade + Strange.

Main fighting I like using

Carol + Starlord + 4Grocket
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Thoress + IM40 + Red Hulk has always been my go-to for that duo. You lose an outlet for Black but a full recharge is a guaranteed 9 green + 3 purple to go towards your next Gamma Siphon on top of that.

My Moon Knight is pretty under-powered, so I can't say if he's truly a better option or not--I think the trade-off is more nukes + tile support vs. AOE and more acceleration.