Vote with your actions and wallet, not with your words

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    As usual I had hardly any matches worth over 38.  Only a couple 40+.  And after them I was struggling to find 38 even.

I played through to 650 for the event token, lord knows how many matches.  Ill leave it now.  I dont need the Lockjaw cover (2/4/5) so theres little point entertaining it.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I want the Lockjaw cover (2/1/1), but i am
    not dealing with the stress, so it will sit there. God I hate this system. 

The one one that is REALLY bugging me though is Nightcrawler in the Simulator. I desperately want that cover, but 2000 points? Ugh. That’s awful. 74 wins was cake in the W-B system. My history with the Simulator tells me once I approach 1600-1700 I start getting mauled and hemorrhaging points. 
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    NotBAMF said:
    For starters, I've only been playing for 300 days. :)

But really, out of 300 days, for 150-200 or so, I was strictly a PVE player who only occasionally and very rarely ventured into PVP. It was a while before I got into PVP, but I did eventually, it was fine, even if I never really "liked" it. 

But after a while of PVP, the system changed to the wins-based system, and... how could I explain my feelings here?

Imagine that for 300 days, you were eating lukewarm fast food burgers and stale cookies. They are fine, and they're what you know, so it's no problem. You chow down. But then, for a month, someone gives you strip steak and fresh New York cheesecake. And for a month, you think "Wow, I never knew things could be this good!".

And after that month, they go back to the burgers and cookies. Would you say "Well, this is fine. It's what I had before"? Nah, you'd think "I know something better is out there, and that is what I want now. This no longer cuts it".

Well I don't want to go back to points-based PVP. For me, it is the lukewarm fast food and stale cookies to wins-based progression's steak and cheesecake. 

This is all combined with the fact that I have grown weary of PVE. The addition of the 5* node (and then the bewildering decision to subsequently slash the points you get for competing in it) has made PVE feel far too tedious. And the whole scheduled nature of when you should play to achieve the best standing... ugh. I don't want to have to plan my day around this game.

Before last night when I found out that PVP was reverting to points-based, I had made the decision to go to being a player who went hard at PVP and just fooled around in PVE enough to get max progression and not worry about anything else. MPQ was becoming less rigidly scheduled and time-consuming and more something I could do at my leisure and feel like it was a game designed to amuse me and bring me fun. 

But with points-based progression back, I'm really just tired of BOTH facets of the game at the moment. PVE is still too time-consuming and tedious, and now PVP is once again a slog against an avalanche. 

So yeah, the game showed me how relaxing and fun it could be, and now that it has taken that away, I feel disenchanted with the whole thing.

Your mileage, obviously, may vary. I'm not saying everyone should feel how I feel. But that is how I personally feel. I'm far from a whale, but I am a VIP, and I have dropped $20 every few months into the game. I'm done putting a penny into it under the current system. That's all I can do.

If points-based progression has returned for good AND PVE isn't changed SOMEHOW to reduce the time it requires to perform relevantly, then I'm not having the fun I was having previously, so... why would I continue doing it? 

Haven’t read the rest of the thread but this is a really good point. PVE will drive out newer players by only catering to vets and whales who either have every character or can buy essentials with hoards of CP.  Sure you can compete at a lower SCL but when it’s time to transition to the 4-tier all those covers go to those that don’t need them. 

PVP was finally a playing ground that welcomed new players... where if you were willing to put in the effort you could progress and advance your roster. 5-players didn’t like this and it was changed back. 

Tinfoil hat activated!

I wonder how sustainable this game really is with both modes only catering to the top tier and strongly walling off substantial progression for newer rosters. 

I wonder if they know the game isn’t going to last much longer so they are going to milk what they can from the people willing to fork over small fortunes to have a slight advantage in a match 3 game. I mean why care about keeping new players if the game isn’t going to be around?

Tinfoil hat deactivated!
    4 Stars were added into PVE progression a long time ago. If you do 6 clears, you'll be in T100 easily in any clearance level with the exception of new releases. They also made the essentials rewards in the same event. So anyone that puts in the effort can will advance their roster via PVE pretty easily. 
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    WEBGAS said:
    Just played the first PVP with points based rules......15 matches to get 575points and 10cp......then lost 100 points in a few seconds....this way I never get that green Lockjaw cover, so I gave up. Do you want me to play this way?
    OK, but I won't spend a single cent for it;)
    How many cents do you spend in win based? There are a lot of people that spend a lot of cents on shields in points based pvp.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    @Qubort     it's just my opinion not the Holy Bible. My form of protest against what I feel like a bad decision from the Devs. For what it's worth, it's the same kind of protest that those who didn't want the win based PVP  made few weeks ago. If it was fair for them, it will have to be for me too.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    NotBAMF said:

The one one that is REALLY bugging me though is Nightcrawler in the Simulator. I desperately want that cover, but 2000 points? Ugh. That’s awful. 74 wins was cake in the W-B system. My history with the Simulator tells me once I approach 1600-1700 I start getting mauled and hemorrhaging points. 

Exactly my point. Those who cannot play following the "rules" dictated by the points based PV,P won't be able to access at the cover they want, plain and simple....and unfair :(   JMO
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I spoke with my wallet as well, signed up for VIP again today to thank them for PvP reversal.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will spend money on a game when I feel it deserves it. 
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    WEBGAS said:
    NotBAMF said:

Exactly my point. Those who cannot play following the "rules" dictated by the points based PV,P won't be able to access at the cover they want, plain and simple....and unfair :(   JMO
    Your definition of "fair" seems to require some examination.

Competitive roster-based games are similar to competitive trading card games.... strength of tool is determined by strength of roster. Then you can wield the tool based on your skill.

If that's too unfair for you, then competitive anything in this model is not for you.