One day will this game just shut down and be gone?

2»

Comments

• mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Yes eventually the game will shut down, it's inevitable. Only people in the inner circle will know when it's impending. There will not be much warning, like most business, so they can squeeze every penny till the end.

However, I don't see enough of a correlation between the two games, other than Disney pulls the strings for both, to warrant to much worry.

Different developers
    Marvel heroes was pc and console only missing out on mobile sales
    Marvel heroes was renamed and rebranded twice over it's 4 year life which, to me, shows profit problems early on.

• Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    LakeStone said:
    While we can't speak for other Marvel games, there are no plans for Marvel Puzzle Quest shutting down anytime soon. 
    When does your license to Marvel characters expire?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    There’s never a plan to shut down. It just happens. Enjoy it while you still can. Live with today in mind and don’t contemplate too much about tomorrow. 
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    IPunisher5784 said:
    Good, the sooner the better.

I love the Rock he never let his fan base down. 
    He made them happy.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I just hope they reopen the prologue complete with 20iso node awards before it all shuts down.  Even though it will pose no challenge whatsoever, it could function as a purgatory of sorts for the Dark Avengers--forever doomed to get curb-stomped repeatedly by excessively over-leveled opposition...
    Oh God, Prologue!
    I totally forgot to complete that before the XP system changed! Aw nuts...
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Its strange to think about what life would be like without this game.  Ive played everyday since the beta and Its kinda a part of my daily routine now.  Even though its silly I'm very proud of my roster and the work I've put into it.   
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    bluewolf said:
    D3 - when does your license for the Marvel characters expire?

I’d certainly want to know before spending anymore $$$.

Will this game shut down at the end of the year too?
    Lol. The last thing they would tell you up front is a danger sign that warns of the end. If you get a month that’s pretty generous.

I’n sure that the license will continue as long as everyone is making money.
    When marvel avengers alliance shutdown they warned us like a month and a half in advance.  They also disabled the ability to spend money on the game and have everyone a huge amount of in game currency to have fun with until the game did end.