This Forum Is A Joke

2»

Comments

• Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Oh great, more cheating.  Why continue to play a game that’s unfairly stacked against you, and has costed you time (and probably $$$).  Cheaters have stolen from all of you.

Only way to stop being victimized is to quit playing the game.

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
     @corytutor, would you like to add your thoughts on this?
    He has been banished from this realm :(
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Forum rules were updated a while ago so right now mods can do pretty much whatever they want. Hell, I have one warning for writing "tinykitty" and one for flagging posts as spam.
    I even tried to appeal the second one. PMs to the mod who isssued that warning got ignored, tried contacting with Brigby - no response. Eventually, after posting in some "Praise Brigby for his work" thread I mentioned it, and finally he responded to my PMs. After few messages he mentioned that he can't find the topic I was reffering to. I provided a link. No response since then.

Utter joke.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards

I also got a warning for writing "tinykitty". Literally "tinykitty"; I didn't write a legit cuss word or anything. That was at some SJW who was bashing Riri and Mordo for their skin colour, 4* Thor for being a woman, Hulkcho for being Asian, amongst others.

Thankfully that mod is no longer around (I hope), but I'm still miffed that I got a warning for calling out a racist and whatever else that poster was.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    **Mod Mode: ON**

Locking this thread. While I understand the frustration many have regarding the issue of cheating and how it is handled, the post that was removed was problematic for a variety reasons:

1. The OP mentioned a large number of players and discussed some of their spending habits. Regardless if those mentioned are the OP's friends or not, this is potentially a breach of privacy, particularly in mentioning their spending habits. We, as moderators, have no way to immediately verify with all those mentioned whether they are comfortable being discussed in this manner.

2. A list naming all known exploits was also provided and while not going into great enough detail to warrant a warning, we felt it was not wise to leave bread crumbs out on the floor that might lead others to seek out ways to cheat.

3. There is a procedure for reporting cheating. If you suspect someone is cheating, please contact support here: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support and provide as much detail about the matter as necessary. While I understand there are those that are dissatisfied with this process, posting a thread here does nothing to solve that issue.

While it was certainly an interesting peek into what goes on at the highest level of play, the mod team thought it best to have Brigby review the thread in question to determine the appropriateness of the thread and whether it required edits. The OP was PMd regarding this decision and instead of waiting for Brigby to look over the thread as requested, they posted the thread again with their own edits.

I know there are areas where we can improve as a moderator team but I don't think we were being unreasonable to ask the OP to wait to have his post reviewed by a forum administrator. Whether or not the OP's post is restored is up to Brigby, but in the future in the event you find your post has been removed to be reviewed please exercise some patience. We will try our best to accommodate your post within the parameters and rules of the forum.

Edit to add: Some posts were removed for being off-topic and hostile.

**Mode Mode: OFF**

This discussion has been closed.