This Forum Is A Joke

Can't even post actual discussions about this game without it being removed in literally 10 minutes. This is unreal...instead of deleting posts, how about doing something about the cheaters and hackers? Now delete this for whatever reason you can make up.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gonna be 0-3 soon
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Simply deleting posts like that is the wrong move. Sends a very negative message to the player base.

it would be better to at least respond and lock the thread.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *The post was never deleted. It was temporarily removed until Brigby could look at it. OP knew this and decided to circumvent the moderation process. Don't circumvent the moderation process.*
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Fair enough @ducky I do respect your logic and reasoning, but this is a topic, that I will want to continue and champion.  If the original poster gets punished and is not able to continue the topic, please talk to me about how to carry it forward in way that you and I can agree upon.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I understand the clandestine nature of investigation and researching whether someone is or is not a cheater, but I think there needs to be more transparency when someone is found guilty. What's the harm in saying so? Professional sports does it. Our judicial system does it. The Olympics does it. Pretty much every major sport/event/game is public about its methods and outcomes and I don't know why this should be any different. Would certainly help alleviate the growing fears (and they are growing) that cheating/hacking/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is become more rampant, and that D3 is taking it seriously and taking action.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    I understand the clandestine nature of investigation and researching whether someone is or is not a cheater, but I think there needs to be more transparency when someone is found guilty. What's the harm in saying so? Professional sports does it. Our judicial system does it. The Olympics does it. Pretty much every major sport/event/game is public about its methods and outcomes and I don't know why this should be any different. Would certainly help alleviate the growing fears (and they are growing) that cheating/hacking/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is become more rampant, and that D3 is taking it seriously and taking action.

If I had to guess, there are legal reasons, and D3 wants to be in full control of any and all type of investigations.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Would certainly help alleviate the growing fears (and they are growing) that cheating/hacking/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is become more rampant, and that D3 is taking it seriously and taking action.
    Maybe it is rampant and they don't want people to know that.

And, to be fair, there are MANY examples of professional sports and the judicial system (I don't know about the Olympics) levying penalties against violators and not making them public. Teams fine players all the time and never tell anybody. Criminal records get expunged and settlements get sealed. There's a lot of information kept closer to the vest than you'd think.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    It’s a free mobile game. Why make things public if cheaters are proven to be guilty? Just box and move forward. The community will know when that person isn’t around anymore
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Ducky said:
    *The post was never deleted. It was temporarily removed until Brigby could look at it.*
    Huh, well that explains that. I wondered where it went. 

I found it interesting. A look into the journey of a MPQ whale. Also, it contained better detailed info about the cheating issue than what we've gotten so far on the Forum. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Deleted.  Removed.  A rose by any other name...
  • Tachyon15
    Tachyon15 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    And I missed it but heard about it. Hopefully it will be back after it is reviewed. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    How about a "locked while under moderation?"  I was able to read the post in full, and it was probably one of the most insightful posts I've read about that level of play.  
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Beer40 said:
    Ducky said:
    *The post was never deleted. It was temporarily removed until Brigby could look at it.*
    Huh, well that explains that. I wondered where it went. 

I found it interesting. A look into the journey of a MPQ whale. Also, it contained better detailed info about the cheating issue than what we've gotten so far on the Forum. 
    I was wondering too....especially cause i said it would probably disappear into oblivion!!
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 60 Match Maker
    As one who has had posts removed many time I side with you.
    If you happen to post something the dev defenders dont like its removed instead of dealt with.
    so close your eyes and hope and pray for things to improve but hold your tounge !
    A joke indeed !
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I agree with OP, it was thought out and very well written.  As a player who has spent tens of thousands on a mobile super hero candy crush like game these type of things are concerning.  I stopped doing buys clubs this last season when they changed it to win based and was planning on resuming my regular buy club spending once I heard they changed it back but now...  

Great job D3 on helping me save approximately a thousand dollars per month and 3000 next month during your sale.  A very insightful respective post following all your “rules” removed, yes take your time responding.  You guys are such a joke.  
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    "This Forum Is A Joke"

• Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Ducky said:
    *The post was never deleted. It was temporarily removed until Brigby could look at it. OP knew this and decided to circumvent the moderation process. Don't circumvent the moderation process.*
    Should we wager on whether the "temporary" (LOL) removal for review or the actual investigation of the cheating described therein will be first to conclude?  I'd put my money on a tie.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to get paid as "Never" does not have a defined end point.  
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Riddle me this, why would a man who's hacking buys ask for swaps at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to just hack more?
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    fmftint said:
    Riddle me this, why would a man who's hacking buys ask for swaps at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to just hack more?
    Because you clearly don't understand how the player in question is performing this particular cheat.  
This discussion has been closed.