Please Balance Bolas properly before release. We don't need another post-release Nerf thread. Thanks

Options
blacklotus
blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
Hopefully, this time before Bolas is released to the playing public next week, please properly play-test and balance him.

We do not need another post-release nerf thread like those for Kiora/Koth/Baral/Onmiscience/Riskhar Expertise/etc

Thank you. I look forward to playing with a new tri-color PW in mtgpq soon. 

Comments

• blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D3go will be selling Bolas for cash next week. Any changes after release is going to be problematic and accusations of bait-and-switch will be probably be thrown around (again). Again, please play-test and properly balance Bolas before release. 
  • aliasbard
    aliasbard Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Obvious cash grab since so many of us have quit spending and/or playing whatsoever. 
  • aliasbard
    aliasbard Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I predict 99.00 USD. 
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    aliasbard said:
    Obvious cash grab since so many of us have quit spending and/or playing whatsoever. 
    He might have already been in the works before Hibernum folded. Besides, they need to grab some cash to keep operating.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    aliasbard said:
    I predict 99.00 USD. 
    As long as I can get him 3 weeks later with my hoard of crystals, I say let the whales whale.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it me or does Bolas with his described abilities just sound like Lili 4.0. 3 colors is good but all of the abilities are black please fix it .
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everything is a cash grab. It's almost like they like money and buying food.  
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Gideon I’m still tripping on why Zombies and not Dragons.

His paper abilities are all about discard, exile, stealing cards, and direct damage. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    This game is overdosing on zombies.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not. Another. Zombie. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options

I don't understand why the developers move away from his inherent "Nicol" abilities. Bolas has nothing to do whatsever with Zombies. Just look at all his paper variants. They will laugh at his digital incarnation who plays with mere Zombies instead of instantly *destroying* his victims.

I never thought a tricolor PW would be released due to all the cards available for that PW. I'm very anxious to see what builds we will see. The meta will never be the same again...

**Removed inappropriate language - Ducky

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Gideon I’m still tripping on why Zombies and not Dragons.

His paper abilities are all about discard, exile, stealing cards, and direct damage. 
    Because all the Lilianas aren't obsolete enough yet?
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Speaking of Bolas, do we have any idea yet how many Mana crystals it will cost when it becomes available ? I bet on 950.
  • shteev
    Options
    ertaii said:
    Speaking of Bolas, do we have any idea yet how many Mana crystals it will cost when it becomes available ? I bet on 950.
    I reckon that's optimistic.... Kiora was 950 when she turned up.
  • shteev
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Have you considered getting a job at Electronic Arts?
  • Ohboy
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ohboy said:
    Have you considered getting a job at Electronic Arts?
    I like money and buying food, so no.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    This game is overdosing on zombies.
    Well it's a good drink, I wish I could summon a zombie whenever I wanted one.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I could use a Zombie Dust about now.  Wait its only 10:00 AM... ugh

Anyway, I hope they keep the price reasonable.  Honestly, despite my many annoyances with the game I hope it succeeds.  I was considering buying Bolas as a show of solidarity with the developers and with the knowledge that they absolutely need cash to operate and provide us new content.

That being said, I won't pay $50+ for a PW.  I have 6000 crystals and my charity only goes so far.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope they start fresh and offer Bolas for $15.00 and make more money than they ever would offering him at $50.00.