Please Balance Bolas properly before release. We don't need another post-release Nerf thread. Thanks

Options

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gideon said:
    I hope they start fresh and offer Bolas for $15.00 and make more money than they ever would offering him at $50.00.
    I'd buy him for $15!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    This game is overdosing on zombies.
    This is exactly my thought too when I saw Bolas' abilities. Would rather see more of something else than more flipping zombies.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Machine said:

I don't understand why the developers move away from his inherent "Nicol" abilities. Bolas has nothing to do whatsever with Zombies. Just look at all his paper variants. They will laugh at his digital incarnation who plays with mere Zombies instead of instantly *destroying* his victims.

I never thought a tricolor PW would be released due to all the cards available for that PW. I'm very anxious to see what builds we will see. The meta will never be the same again...

**Removed inappropriate language - Ducky

Zombies are thematically appropriate for Bolas's lore in the story from this set. Remember who oversaw the creation of the eternals (which are zombies)

Sure it's not an original strategy since we already have two Lilianas that care about them, but doing abilities that mirror his paper card would be incredibly broken. Remember, his planeswalker cards cost 7-8 mana to cast. By that time, his cards and ability NEED to be overly powerful and broken. But in this game you have Bolas on turn 1 if your'e playing him. That would mean if he had broken abilities, they'd need to START at 20 loyalty to use, or you give him lower power abilities, and make him a planeswalker that is more usable.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gideon said:
    I hope they start fresh and offer Bolas for $15.00 and make more money than they ever would offering him at $50.00.

Everything we know about how mobile transactions work says this isn't true. 

The demand is largely inelastic. There's a much bigger resistance for someone who doesn't spend money to pay $1 than for someone who pays $15 to pay $50 instead. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My expectation is $74.99. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nothing in this game costs 15 bucks. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shrine was $7.99. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Shrine was $7.99. 
    i vote that the best buy ever. too bad i didn't buy it at that time as i was a f2p player. needed to wait 6 months before i pulled my own free copy. 
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Shrine was $7.99. 
    I missed that...They should offer it again! :o
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think Bolas is going to be a holiday gift from D3 this season. Everyone will receive the gift, but if you don't log in by a specific time the gift will be taken away with no gift backs.

Just kidding about that last jab, but I think D3 could get a lot of love by donating their first 3 color planeswalker to those of us who stayed through the loss of the closing of Hiberium. (I hope I spelled that right, I'm too tired to check and edit.)
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doomstat said:
    I think Bolas is going to be a holiday gift from D3 this season. Everyone will receive the gift, but if you don't log in by a specific time the gift will be taken away with no gift backs.

Just kidding about that last jab, but I think D3 could get a lot of love by donating their first 3 color planeswalker to those of us who stayed through the loss of the closing of Hiberium. (I hope I spelled that right, I'm too tired to check and edit.)
    Wow, you´re quite the positive one!

I´m just worried that they´ll run a HoD with Bolas without him being in the vault for crystals, so coalition types like me have to consider handing over $75 for him.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doomstat said:

There's no way they'll do that. There hasn't been anything worth purchasing in the vault for a long time, and with the holiday season here(and Black Friday), they are going to want to get some of that gift money. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doomstat said:
    I think Bolas is going to be a h hioliday gift from D3 this season. Everyone will receive the gift, but if you don't log in by a specific time the gift will be taken away with no gift backs.

They could also credited everyone with all the mythics they are missing from their collections, close shop and then walk away.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surprising contrast of highly optimistic and pessimistic speculation that run completely contrary to existing practices. 
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    khurram said:
    Doomstat said:
    I think Bolas is going to be a h hioliday gift from D3 this season. Everyone will receive the gift, but if you don't log in by a specific time the gift will be taken away with no gift backs.

They could also credited everyone with all the mythics they are missing from their collections, close shop and then walk away.
    Moonwalking, please.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    khurram said:
    Doomstat said:

Moonwalking, please.
    Would be a Thriller
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *groan*
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    god yes i think they would rake it in honestly 15 even i would be tempted and i dont have it to spend, but it will be interesting to see what kind of messed up decks we can end up with, with a new set and him all at once and cycling all in standard
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi.

I just have played against a 60 level Nicol Bolas with a non cycling deck in platinum Training grounds match.

It was horrible to watch my Samut deck dying so fast.

These were the cards I managed to see on it: Reason, Ominiscence, Olivia, Sundering Titan, Dreadwaters and Hour of Devastation. 

I presume this is the kind of decks we are going to see in events and Trainig Grounds so it is a pity.

I am waiting to get Nicol Bolas with crystals to build a deck that could stand a little more playing  against Nicol Bolas Super decks (I do not have already Ominiscence, Sundering Titan and Hour of Devastation :( ). 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    played agaisnt a 60 bolas today the mana gains will looking great isnt particualarly good, grantd hard not to get  full color cascade with so many chances but not a lot of mana for it, I think it will help stall him some and keep the high cost killers in check a bit, time will tell though