2* Bonus Heroes

2»

Comments

• robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Don't care either way - my 2* farm is already fast enough
    Thanks all. I was wrong. I did not read their post careful enough. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Given how many 2*s come through my queue every day I see absolutely no need for that number to increase.

Anecdotal of course, but Im not seeing a slow down in my xp either.

Storm in a tea cup?

As a measure to help myself, while I have the hp available, Ive rostered the 13 cover 1*s so I can always apply their covers and get xp from a "new" source.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler

This is from the announcement.

I get at least 10 standard tokens a day.  Ill be able to apply a fair chunk of those (inevitable) 1* covers at 10xp a time.

Ive no idea how many 2*s I get but its fair to say its a pretty constant stream of them.  15xp for every added level, 40 for every champ level.  And I can roster - champ - max - sell - roster a 2* in a matter of 2-3 weeks.

Do we really need an increase at this level?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    Me no good at maths.  :s

But Imagine a pie. That pie represents the amount of bonus heroes available. Right now that pie is filled with 3-star and 4-star bonus heroes on Heroic tokens, and 3-star bonus heroes on Elite/standard tokens.

Now, the developers aren't going to make a bigger pie so it can hold more ingredients (2-stars), they would just take the existing pie and add 2-stars in, reducing the amount of pie left over for threes and fours.

2-stars are the most common covers in the game. They're less rare than 1-stars. We don't need farms of them filling up our XP bars - that doesn't help the developer's goal of SHIELD level representing roster strength.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Other
    DAZ0273 said:
    broll said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    broll said:
    2* BHs would just further dilute the BHs and make it less likely you ever get 3* and 4* BHs from heroics....  Big no thanks.

Remove the XP gain from all dups.
    Add ISO into other modes to compensate.

If they want SR to be reflective of roster strength (which they said they do and I've always felt it should be) then dups don't add to roster strength and dilute the values.  Take them out.
    As I said above - what if you could only get them from standards and not heroics?
    Still no.  Dup XP shouldn't count at all and is something that should be fixed.  2* acquisition rate is fine.
    I've seen this argument before and I'm not sure I follow. The idea that farming doesn't improve rosters seems strange as you can obtain iso and covers from doing so that you apply to improve your roster. Or is there another reason I am missing?
    Getting those resouces doesn't improve your roster until you use them (which in most cases also grants XP) so it's essentially double-dipping XP.  Add to that the fact that having 30 champed 2* storms (concurrently or cycled) will never improve my roster.  You only do it for the ISO, HP, CP, 3* covers, and chances at 4* covers that actually will advance you roster.  It's those actual advances that should have XP, not doing the same character the 2nd-8000th time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    So you're advocating removing one of the few ways that seasoned rosters can actually advance their xp levels? Bold move, cotton, bold move.
  • Dormammu
    Other
    I'll save any cover I obtain in a 24 hour period and deal with them all at the same time at the end of the day, so I can track my progress and overall roster coverage status. I'll open any Standard, Elite, Heroic, and event tokens at that time. 2-stars represent the biggest percentage of covers I obtain, and it's surprisingly close between the 1-stars and 3-stars some days.

I don't play heavy amounts of PvP though, and that certainly contributes less 1-star covers. I also get quite a few Elite tokens as alliance placement rewards. I often have more Elites + Heroics than I do Standards.
  • Dormammu
    Other
    You know what keeps the Heroics flowing? Intercepts.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I vant farm as i dont have the rosger slots and now because of the 5* node im constantly pushed out of top 50 with the amount of time i can play but even i have over 100 2* characters at any given time. They are literally so common i see no need to have them as bonus heroes. Instead id like to see them removed from heroics or at least less likely to be aquired. We get enough of them from vaults, pvp, standard tokens as it is. I opened a heoic 10 pack and got 9 of them. Should not ne that way