Reality Gem Season Updates (11/14/17)

Options
2»

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It feels like Gambit will eventually get the same treatment as OML. He'll be used to draw new players in, used to generate revenue, and at some point he'll get nerfed. 

That OML nerf could have simply been a test to see who would stick around after a move, who would keep spending, and to see if they can get away with such things and actually make more money from them.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe the devs are hard at work on exciting new content for the holiday season.  I wouldn’t mind a 5* launch like last year where we had the daily Thanos crash.
    Or more likely they are working on trying to fix the win based fiasco.  I remember there being a similar light season or two a season or two before they deployed the hybrid system that replaced vaulting.  With how much backlash there's been around win based they likely scraped any character tweaks to prioritize / put more people on modification to PVP so we can get it in the next season or two vs having to wait 3-5 seasons and having large chunks of vets quit in frustration.

Or at least that's my hope.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe the devs are hard at work on exciting new content for the holiday season.  I wouldn’t mind a 5* launch like last year where we had the daily Thanos crash.
    Or more likely they are working on trying to fix the win based fiasco. 
    Do you really think that's what they're doing?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Borstock said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    Yes.  I think it's pretty obvious that they will.  It's vaulting all over again.  They will come up with some compromise of the new system and the old system that 80% or more people will like and the outlying 20% will hate because it's not close enough to the new system or the old system respectively.

The only real question is will it take 6 months this time or can they get it fixed sooner.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Borstock said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    Right?  What is there to even *work on*?  Change 40 to 30, compress rewards downward from there.  30 wins x 40 pts per win would be 1,200; so they're still giving less rewards (no cp) for the same amount of matches as the old system and that's with an ultra-conservative estimate of 40 pts per match which most people would skip for a better one.

If my IRL experience recently with our IT service provider is any indication, what really caused the last couple seasons to not have changes is that they got rid of their best people to save money and now can't do the things they used to.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was really hoping for a 5* Hulk rework this time around... ah well.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    My guess is we'll get a second run of the Apocalypse boss event for the holidays, since just enough time will have passed to bring it back. I'd be happy with this if it were in conjunction with the daily Thanos crash, as that was a blast.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So when are champion rewards being updated? Any word on that yet @Brigby ?
    3*s Gamora and R&G still give the wrong 4*s, Starlord & Drax. It took much less time to change 2* Hawkeye from Ironman to Hawkeye than this, so what's taking this so long?
    Colossus still gives Wolverine, who's also given by his own 3* counterpart. I'm guessing here Mystique might be switched to Nightcrawler while Colossus will then give Iceman maybe?
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby any word on when Thor enters Latest legends, and who is moving to Classic?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spidey goes to Classic, should be 11/20.  Maybe 11/21.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    roberts_2 said:
    So that means 16w/10cp/PVP for me this season and enough.
    You'll probably hit 40 when there's a new character at reward (Hulk) and maybe also if there is some other cover you need in the rewards. 

It really depends. For me, it is more about making sure I get command points. So I am dropping down to SCL5 or SCL6 most of the time, and getting a top 10 finish to get easy command points. 40 wins at that point is a three star prize. I understand it makes it much harder for the newer players who are desperate for command point, but that is D3's fault for making a system, that is so dependent on command points and having a skewed reward system for command points.  Many of the long time players who have the habit of automatically clicking on SCL8 to start their PVP are drifting down to SCL5 and SCL6 as they figure it out. 

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    roberts_2 said:
    So that means 16w/10cp/PVP for me this season and enough.
    You'll probably hit 40 when there's a new character at reward (Hulk) and maybe also if there is some other cover you need in the rewards. 

It really depends. For me, it is more about making sure I get command points. So I am dropping down to SCL5 or SCL6 most of the time, and getting a top 10 finish to get easy command points. 40 wins at that point is a three star prize. I understand it makes it much harder for the newer players who are desperate for command point, but that is D3's fault for making a system, that is so dependent on command points and having a skewed reward system for command points.  Many of the long time players who have the habit of automatically clicking on SCL8 to start their PVP are drifting down to SCL5 and SCL6 as they figure it out. 

Same here. I am really looking forward to getting both a fourstar cover and 15 CP again, instead of having to choose between one or the other like I did this last season.
  • Lord_Pwasseidon
    Lord_Pwasseidon Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Someone please tell me if this game has a PC download because I’d love to have it on my labtop 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone please tell me if this game has a PC download because I’d love to have it on my labtop 
    It's on Steam.
  • Lord_Pwasseidon
    Options
    Does the version on steam let you link your account?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does the version on steam let you link your account?
    It does not.
  • Lord_Pwasseidon
    Options
  • Lord_Pwasseidon
    Options
    @Jaedenkaal thank you