Classic Rotation In 5star essential PVE

Daiches
Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
Why is StarLord already getting a second run, in a release event no less, when there are a bunch of other Classics that didn't even get a turn yet?
Phx, BSS, Cap, BW, Banner, Strange, Thanos, Panther, Hawkeye, .. and I know OML got nerfed but he's still a 5.
Can we get some insight in the rotation? Because the announced-somewhere-buried-in-comments 3 Latest, 2 Classics doesn't seem to be correct.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because he's one of only 3 5* characters I don't have, and the universe exists to torment me ;)
  • Maybe because he went in before 5* buff and they wanted him to shine?(he still needs a buff by the way)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because people would complain that covers for the older 5* characters have been harder to get.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

Because they hate us.

That's the best answer to pretty much any question of "why do they do...."

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qubort said:

Because they hate us.

Fairly sure this is demonstrably false. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Qubort said:

Because they hate us.

Fairly sure this is demonstrably false. 
    Please demonstrate how it is false.  I'd love to be proven wrong.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ever heard of the saying “treat them mean, keep them keen”?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

Hanlon's Razor

Careful. It's sharpened constantly.

And no, I wouldn't call implying ineptitude/inefficiency on their part as being a defense of the devs. Just stating the most likely and obvious.
    Hitchen's Razor would appear to apply as well.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    do you think they missed the meaning of the word "rotation"?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments civil, and do not attack other players. Thank you!
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

since you have come here, do you have a response as to what the rotation is?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do not know, but theorize:

1.  They started the 5E without a definite schedule
    2.  They decided a pattern of some sort made sense and selected LLLCC after the first or second PVE ran
    3.  They set an RNG generator to create the classic order
    4.  SL came up sooner than they thought but they ran with it

Option B is they just wanted to put out a low covered 5 early in the HfH test run.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler

Hanlon's Razor

Careful. It's sharpened constantly.

And no, I wouldn't call implying ineptitude/inefficiency on their part as being a defense of the devs. Just stating the most likely and obvious.
    Hitchen's Razor would appear to apply as well.
    wikipedia says "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"  you are implying what exactly?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Brigby said:
    *Please keep all comments civil, and do not attack other players. Thank you!
    There wouldn’t be anything to fight about if you just explained the strategy...  5* rewards are so hard to come by the players are like a group of starving dogs waiting for their turn to be fed. Showing favortism to one over another is certainly going to cause a fight...

Not saying it’s your fault B. I know you’re only giving the information you’re allowed to give. Please deliver a message back. We’re tinykiny tinykitty and want a tinykitty answer to the order. Please. 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    SELECT name, SUM(level) AS total FROM player_rosters WHERE tier=5 GROUP BY character_id ORDER BY total ASC

Don't think about it too much or you'll ruin it  ;)

Please don't correct my syntax I know I'm a bit rusty  :p
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    SELECT name, SUM(level) AS total FROM player_rosters WHERE tier=5 GROUP BY character_id ORDER BY total ASC

Don't think about it too much or you'll ruin it  ;)

Please don't correct my syntax I know I'm a bit rusty  :p
    for maximum troll effect, this should be 'select  name, count (name) as countHavinCovers, ave (level) as aveCharLevel from player roster group by name order by counthavinCovers asc, aveCharLevel'

this ensures you get the character the least people have, and if 2 characters having same count, select the one having the lowest levels  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

2.  They decided a pattern of some sort made sense and selected LLLCC after the first or second PVE ran

Option B is they just wanted to put out a low covered 5 early in the HfH test run.
    Maybe the Dev's think Star Lord is really good and expect people to have him covered? I only have 2 covers myself, so can't really say, although his 3* version isn't really very exciting.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:

Maybe the Dev's think Star Lord is really good and expect people to have him covered? I only have 2 covers myself, so can't really say, although his 3* version isn't really very exciting.
    Devs are very aware that the SL/Ock period was the most heavily skipped of all 5s and they like to stick it to hoarders. 
    #Tinfoil
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have full access to data showing who is rostered and used. They do not “think”, they know.  I am making an assumption that there are a lot of low-cover 5SLs floating around. If so, maybe putting up a HfH offer will give them data to help their plans for the 5* Store.

Will people pick up covers to help them with a new release, even for a perceived 5* Turkey?  Data will reveal all.