Updates to Story Event 5-Star Essential Missions * Updated (11/17/17)

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The other thing is this. In SL9, top 10 ally's get an LT but you don't get this in 8/7/6/etc.  So even if you sandbag your ally with overgrinders that are in 7, they wouldn't get the LT anyway.  Only the SL 9 people. 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wymtime said:
     but because of poor communication Venom will be spewed from the playerbase.
    No, because we can't send Venom as a team-up anymore.   :D
  • fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Your updates might be effecting Shield xp. When I completed some of the missions, I didn’t get any shield xp. Is that a temporary thing or is it now permanent.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Your updates might be effecting Shield xp. When I completed some of the missions, I didn’t get any shield xp. Is that a temporary thing or is it now permanent.
    They intentionally changed XP last week.  You no longer get XP from missions, but you get a LOT more XP for covers, champing, etc.

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Alsmir said:
    Borstock said:
    I like the change. Reward those who take on the extra challenge.
    And the challenge is commiting even more time to MPQ?
    Time =/= difficulty
    The challenge is fighting stronger AI and competing against more competitive rosters. I don't know what you're talking about.
    There are enough teams in game that you can use to beat ANY opponent. It just takes extra time to defeat tougher ones.
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I know this is gonna go off the deep end, but since you get more poin9ts in SL9 vs SL 8 vs  SL7 and so one. So you need less clears to get progression in SL9 then 8 and 8 then...you get my point.  If we apply this logic to the new WIN system for pvp would this mean you need less wins for progression if you are in SL8 vs SL7 vs SL6.... Yes I know I know crazy connection. 
    Except the required 5* node isn't factored in when calculating progression. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

We recently made some changes to the 5-Star Essential missions in Story Events. Starting in Unstable Iso-8, the amount of points a 5-Star Essential mission awards will be different for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level that mission exists in. 5-Star Essential missions will always be worth more than the 4-Star Essential mission, but it will be worth more points in higher S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. 

In addition, starting in Hearts of Darkness this Thursday, the difficulty of the 5-Star Essential mission in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 7 will be reduced (starting at level 185 enemies, instead of 255) and that mission will also be worth much less points.

Rewards will not be impacted by these changes.

@Brigby
    Hearts of Darkness still say that Enemy levels in CL 7 is 355 max. Is this still right after the changes?
    Why does CL7 go to 220 max but CL7 boost that 115 levels?

I am trapped at CL6 and will be trapped here for ever.

I
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Just finished my opening nodes in Hearts of Darkness in SCL7, and the 5* node was only worth 132 points... that’s the same as lowest easy node, certainly not “worth more than the 4-star essential”... his node should be worth over 400 points.

Thats potentially a few thousand points difference now between SCL7 and SCL8 pve the course of the event... this error could seriously affect some alliances chances at t100.

@Brigby is it safe to assume that this was a mistake? And that any alliances caught off guard as who subsequently get screwed out of the t100 cover will be taken care of?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What level did the 5E node in scl7 end up at after 4 clears?
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Level 245, same as the highest “hard” node
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this is either a communication error or a point assignment error.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Who could have possibly known it wasn't a good idea to implement changes during a new character event? Everyone, that's who. I'm not sure why d3 and devs don't see that they create and invite the rage people have through their own actions. Enjoy the calm for now, it will be short lived.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gah, did 3 clears before I realised - wotta revoltin' development.

• BiffQJ
    BiffQJ Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah, this was not ok. I already did 4 clears and then i realized how few points it was. Seems ridiculous to me. On top of that, the preview said it would be the same level cutoffs, so I didn’t choose a higher SCL which might have given more points (my SL only has three covers and I didn’t think I’d be able to do much at the higher level). Can we get some clarification and maybe compensation on this one please?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I was planning to prioritize some of my 6 & 7th clears to PvP.  After yesterday's announcement I guess I'll keep doing 6th & 7th.  Points PvP can go pound salt.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Starfury said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

We recently made some changes to the 5-Star Essential missions in Story Events. Starting in Unstable Iso-8, the amount of points a 5-Star Essential mission awards will be different for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level that mission exists in. 5-Star Essential missions will always be worth more than the 4-Star Essential mission, but it will be worth more points in higher S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. 

In addition, starting in Hearts of Darkness this Thursday, the difficulty of the 5-Star Essential mission in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 7 will be reduced (starting at level 185 enemies, instead of 255) and that mission will also be worth much less points.

Rewards will not be impacted by these changes.
    In Sub 2 (SCL 7) of unstable ISO, the 4* and 5* essentials worth 510 and 533 points respectively. How is the 5* essential supposed to be worth "much less points" yet still be worth more than the 4* essential?

Well, now we know which statement had to give.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still bugged it seems.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    //Updated Specific SCL Details -Brigby