How is this possible?

TheZeusBear
TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
A user in game who is known to have one of the biggest rosters(550 level 5* champs) posted a screenshot on LINE of their 515 HE. Included in the screenshot was their vine showing 2 covers and the phones time in top left. This was done to mock the other users in chat.
Next screenshot was 2 minutes later, but HE had gained 19 covers. Still 2 covers on vine.

Have seen other screenshots very recently of their Green Goblin jumping up 70 levels to become 550.

They aren't on steam or sandboxed.

If it was a swap from CS, wouldn't they have first tell him to sell the undesired covers and they'll send him new ones?

I've spent money on the game, not anywhere near whale money but to the average player, a decent chunk of change in the 284 days I've played. I may have jumped the gun, but I left buy clubs I'm in after seeing this. If this is a cheat or exploit and goes unpunished, I'm done spending on the game.
If this is legit, I'd like someone to explain to me how this is possible because I can't figure out how this is possible.

/edit
If this belongs in a different section of the forums, feel free to move it there.

Comments

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I can't tell you if this is legit or a cheat/exploit but there is a possible explanation.

If you have the 3 Latest 5*s all maxed out at 550, CS may allow slaps for any other 5* of your choosing.  I'm not going to do the maths myself, but if the account holder pulled enough duplicates, they could feasibly swap them all for, in this instance, 19 Hawkeye covers.
  • TheZeusBear
    I can't tell you if this is legit or a cheat/exploit but there is a possible explanation.

If you have the 3 Latest 5*s all maxed out at 550, CS may allow slaps for any other 5* of your choosing.  I'm not going to do the maths myself, but if the account holder pulled enough duplicates, they could feasibly swap them all for, in this instance, 19 Hawkeye covers.
    True! I gave that some thought but.. if their vine is showing 2 covers, wouldn't they need to have 21 covers there in the initial screenshot for that to make sense?
    I haven't done any cover swaps yet but from alliance mates and family chats, people have in the past said CS emails them back to delete the covers and reply to the email and then they will receive later on.

For cover swaps, on the forums here I've read they only allow swaps for Latest even if they have it at 550.

Well aware CS bends the rules a bit for users but the 2 covers is throwing me off.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    That's bizarre!  I can see why you would stop paying to play game with cheaters.  If nothing is done I will definitely consider taking the same action!

~following~
  • razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    It seems that The Wizard of Oz misunderstood his request and gave him some covers instead...
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I saw the math someone posted on LINE, either he cheated or was in 10 buy clubs/day and spent well over 500k $.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    The drama!
    But of course a decent explanation is appropriate.
    Maybe he went crazy during the glitch when they gave out 7CP for the cheapest bundles?
    Doesn't explain how 19 5* covers materialized less than 3 minutes. Just opening the ~100 tokens takes more time than that.

For me there's only 2 options. Cheating or fake screenshots.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    CS actually sends us an e-mail before sending us the covers in the game. It’s possible that the first screenshot was taken just before the covers arrived and the second one after the covers were applied.
    True, I forgot about that option. There could be a small time window to take the screenshot before the covers arrived in-game.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the screenshots show the date as well or just the time? Could have been playing you with shots from # days 2 min apart or something.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    It’s all fishy - but d3 loves the stench of the cathouse at low tide.
  • TheZeusBear
    Starfury said:
    mexus said:
    The drama!
    But of course a decent explanation is appropriate.
    Maybe he went crazy during the glitch when they gave out 7CP for the cheapest bundles?
    Doesn't explain how 19 5* covers materialized less than 3 minutes. Just opening the ~100 tokens takes more time than that.

For me there's only 2 options. Cheating or fake screenshots.

Went and looked at their roster in game, the HE is that level now. 

Date was shown too. To my understanding, you need the covers on vine, Cs says to delete. You delete, email them and let them know. They look, send you new ones. I don't think that can all be done within 2 minutes. Still only had 2 covers on vine.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    You delete, then sooner or later they send you all the replacements at once.  He could have deleted the duplicates hours before the first screenshot.

Note - I am not saying this isn't an exploit or whatever.  Just that there could be an innocent explanation and the account involved is a well known Mega-Whale rather than a random who has just appeared on the scene with 550's.

• TheZeusBear
    You delete, then sooner or later they send you all the replacements at once.  He could have deleted the duplicates hours before the first screenshot.

Note - I am not saying this isn't an exploit or whatever.  Just that there could be an innocent explanation and the account involved is a well known Mega-Whale rather than a random who has just appeared on the scene with 550's.

I've never done a swap. Do they inform you when they're sending the covers? 
    This person also had 70 Green goblins added over a period of time.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    They do inform you that the covers have been sent and that you may need to restart your device.
    Will not speak about the other actions but he appears to be well aware that others have reported him as a cheater, so very possible he took this opportunity to troll his accusers.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first time I have a 550 five-star is the day I quit this game. 
  • TheZeusBear
    They do inform you that the covers have been sent and that you may need to restart your device.
    Will not speak about the other actions but he appears to be well aware that others have reported him as a cheater, so very possible he took this opportunity to troll his accusers.
    Hmm! So they are allowing swaps for classics now? 19 levels for HE and 70 for Green Goblin. They rejected my swap for OML.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Hmm! So they are allowing swaps for classics now? 19 levels for HE and 70 for Green Goblin. They rejected my swap for OML.
    If you have a latest at 550, I believe they’ll swap extra latest covers for other characters, so he could have swapped 19 extra Gambit covers for HE covers.  Something only the mega-whales ever have to worry about.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Except he doesn’t have all latest max.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Report in game and move on if you suspect cheating. The forums is not a place for witch hunts and calling people out.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I dont get what these guys who have neaely maxed all the 5* actually do? I mean it cant be fun walking over everything all the time and having no progression needed......can it??