Steam DLC Purchase Update (11/9/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

It recently came to our attention that those that purchased the DLC packs for Marvel Puzzle Quest on Steam (PC) were not receiving the correct amount of resources based on their purchase. 

This applies to the following packs purchased between December 2016 and today.

• SHIELD New Recruit Pack
  • Avengers’ Battle Kit
  • Nick Fury’s Doomsday Plan

The team will automatically credit these accounts (hoping to get these credits out tomorrow) that did not receive their resources and have not already been credited by our customer support team via their customer support ticket communication.

Starting tomorrow we will be introducing new contents for the DLC which will be the following - 

• SHIELD New Recruit Pack – 1,950 Hero Points
  • Avengers’ Battle Kit – 9,900 Hero Points
  • Nick Fury’s Doomsday Plan – 30,000 Hero Points

These DLC packs are only available to purchase 1 time (each) and unfortunately if you have purchased these DLC packs before (with its former contents), these packs will not be available for purchase.

Please reach out to support if you do not receive credit for your purchase (please give it a couple of days, in case it takes us a couple of days to get credit out).  Please provide them your Steam receipt and player name and the team will be happy to assist.

- Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not on Steam but if I previously bought those DCL I would be pretty annoyed the contents got better but I wouldn't be able to purchase. Why can't they just add new dlc or simply change the name so players can buy?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hmm, I may actually purchased them next time they're on steep sale. 
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seems like a raw deal for any Steam players that already purchased any of the DLC packs.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was never tempted to buy the existing DLCs because the ROI was not worth it. Assuming the prices will not change (they won't, right? :) ) the new DLCs give you more Hero Points than an in game purchase at compareable prices.

For example
    Nick Fury’s Doomsday Plan – 30000 Hero Points for 92,99 EUR
    vs.
    Stark Salary 20000 Hero Points for 99,99 EUR

There are just two bummers - they can be bought only once and the other is that I told myself to spend less for this game after win based PVP changes ;)
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I am one of those who bought the DLCs from the Halloween steam sales. You can guess it's pretty infuriating that they decided to handle this "offer" that way. Not only did these DLCs never went on sale in ages, but when they finally do, it's to backstab those who waited patiently with a "guess it's bad luck for you".

Also, giving for ONCE a good side to playing a mobile game on Steam was too much to ask for I guess. Plenty of missed goods since we can't link our account to FB and get the rewards from that already...And now that?

Well, it seems I'm done buying your shtick, d3, "bad luck for you".
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And more importantly, none of them have cp, right? Neither personal, nor alliance 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wow you guys really hate steam players don't you?  Heavily incentivize people buying knowing that you've got something better coming and you want as many people locked out as possible...
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wait for the xmas sale....

and probably buy something else unless I can get 30k hp for $20 in my local currency.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Everyone is talking about the change in the DLCs for Steam but doesn't it bother anyone that this just recently came to their attention, but it's been happening since DECEMBER of last year??? How could this go on for 11+ months???
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    quick update: I've been "compensated" (aka I got what I PAID for) and for my troubles, the generous Gods of MPQ gave me a whopping 100HP to make it up for stiffing us with their bug and for the upcoming boost in the DLC we won't get a bit of HP from.

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Game is just a lot less stupid if you refuse to participate in their sales.  Their promotions are an insult to everyone's intelligence. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Hi Everyone –

It recently came to our attention that those that purchased the DLC packs for Marvel Puzzle Quest on Steam (PC) were not receiving the correct amount of resources based on their purchase. 

This applies to the following packs purchased between December 2016 and today.

• SHIELD New Recruit Pack
    • Avengers’ Battle Kit
    • Nick Fury’s Doomsday Plan

The team will automatically credit these accounts (hoping to get these credits out tomorrow) that did not receive their resources and have not already been credited by our customer support team via their customer support ticket communication.

Starting tomorrow we will be introducing new contents for the DLC which will be the following - 

• SHIELD New Recruit Pack – 1,950 Hero Points
    • Avengers’ Battle Kit – 9,900 Hero Points
    • Nick Fury’s Doomsday Plan – 30,000 Hero Points

These DLC packs are only available to purchase 1 time (each) and unfortunately if you have purchased these DLC packs before (with its former contents), these packs will not be available for purchase.

Please reach out to support if you do not receive credit for your purchase (please give it a couple of days, in case it takes us a couple of days to get credit out).  Please provide them your Steam receipt and player name and the team will be happy to assist.

- Thank you

Just as a heads-up, the only one of the three that displays the updated values in the Steam store without actually clicking through the item is the Avengers' Battle Kit. The others still display the old values in the store UNLESS you click through.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @karass said:
    quick update: I've been "compensated" (aka I got what I PAID for) and for my troubles, the generous Gods of MPQ gave me a whopping 100HP to make it up for stiffing us with their bug and for the upcoming boost in the DLC we won't get a bit of HP from.

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
    We recently sent out a mass compensation of 100 Hero Points, for the issues surrounding Daylight Savings Time ending. Are you sure that wasn't what you saw?

If you still haven't received the full amount from the Steam purchase, please send in a support ticket with your purchase receipt, and Customer Support will be able to assist you with crediting the remaining amount you should have received.