Strange Sights PVE Door 1 bugged part 2

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Again, for the 2nd time they ran this event, Door 1 has a point issue.  They did not do anything about it last time and now something isn't right.  I lost 1400 points by doing door 1 overall.  Not sure what the issue is, but now this will affect placement overall.  Is it possible that this is looked at for next time since we know nothing will be done this time.  This is Slice 1 PVE, SL9, Door 1.

@Brigby
@LakeStone

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I've just done slice 1 door 1 CL7. How do I recognise this point bug?
  • The rockett

Door 1 overall score 14654

Door 2/3 overall score 16054

Check leaderboard for the event. 

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

If everyone is getting less Points in Door 1 it won't affect overall placement, right? Since everyone has to go there sooner or later?

Or are you saying the Points in Door 1 will match the Points in Door 2 and 3 in later runs?

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can anyone confirm if Kaecilius is super tough like last time?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

If everyone is getting less Points in Door 1 it won't affect overall placement, right? Since everyone has to go there sooner or later?

Or are you saying the Points in Door 1 will match the Points in Door 2 and 3 in later runs?

This feels like Groundhog Day.

Yes, they fixed the points issue midway through the PVE last time.

Also I'm sure Rockett picked door 1 again knowing what would happen so he could make another thread :P

I Think the last run was during my leave of absence, so forgive my ignorance.

Good to know it might be Worth avoiding door 1 at the start. Rockett's sacrifice for greater knowledge shall not be in vain.

• The rockett

I always do door 1.  I forgot about it until I hit it.  The points last time did not come back.  So I lost 1400 on the first day and could not recoup these. 

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    1400 = lot of node tapping to compensate for this point deficit. Better get tapping now!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Quebbster said:

No it will balance out and everyone will get the lower points on door 1.  The only place it will really be a problem is in the case of ties.  In ties the tie breaker is whoever got the points first.  So in the case of 3 people tying this event and each started on a different door, the person who picked door 1 first will be last, the person who picked it second will be second to last, etc.  

I don't know how prevalent ties are, but I would imagine it's not a problem except for the very tip top of placement competers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:

No it will balance out and everyone will get the lower points on door 1.  The only place it will really be a problem is in the case of ties.  In ties the tie breaker is whoever got the points first.  So in the case of 3 people tying this event and each started on a different door, the person who picked door 1 first will be last, the person who picked it second will be second to last, etc.  

I don't know how prevalent ties are, but I would imagine it's not a problem except for the very tip top of placement competers.

It won't even out.
    The sub gave full points as long as you didn't do it on day 1.

Here's the thread from last time:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67328/strange-sights-pve-points-issue-devs-aware/p1
  • OldManWolvs
    OldManWolvs Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Same problem as Rockett for me. Didn't know this was a past issue. Smh..
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Can anyone confirm if Kaecilius is super tough like last time?
    He isn't. Goes down in 6-7 strike matches like he's supposed to.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Aye, he was lvl 245 for me in CL7. Fight was a joke...agree that last time it was over the top hard, but they didn't just nerf him, they chopped him in half and let us fight that part without the brain...smh, where's the subtlety??
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually preferred super hard Kaecilius.  Liked the challenge.  Bummer that people complained as much as they did.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually preferred super hard Kaecilius.  Liked the challenge.  Bummer that people complained as much as they did.
    Well... sure, I felt clever for a bit after beating him. But then no matter how clever I was, the thing just took forever. It was really the same skill-test; the only hard part was keeping it up for something like 5x as long. Which was mostly RNG-dependent.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying. But why would it affect ties?

If the total summation of points across the three doors is the same, then the tie breaker is whoever finishes the very last node/clear first. It shouldn't matter how many points that last node/clear is worth, as long as the player gets to the final total first.

What I can see making a difference for ties is if the clear speed is different between the doors. In which case you'd want to save the fastest door for last. 

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well... sure, I felt clever for a bit after beating him. But then no matter how clever I was, the thing just took forever. It was really the same skill-test; the only hard part was keeping it up for something like 5x as long. Which was mostly RNG-dependent.
    Actually a good point.  I guess once you beat it a few times the novelty wears off. I really appreciated that it was a one and done node and not attached to a timer.  So it didn't impact grind time if you saved him for the end.  And then time isn't as big of a factor.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Why would you go left? Always go right!

Works for me anyway.

I hear Kay-silliness is manageable this time. FWIW.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @The rockett Thanks for the heads up! I've passed it along to the developers, and their design and QA team will be sure to investigate.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Slight diversion of topic... but I can’t find anything on this new look forum... 

Do 2* essential nodes usually face 4* characters

2* Human Torch against 4* Ultron or Fisk - not fun
This discussion has been closed.