2»

Comments

• blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    babar3355 said:
    Fiddler said:

Also, my experience is that there are not that many duplicate mythics out there. I have a large card collection, and of my 109 mythics, only 6 are duplicates.

Good lord, really?  I got 6 duplicates in the LAST ELITE PACK ALONE!  Roll a pack, Hour of Devastation.. cool.  Roll a new pack.. Hour of Devastation.  Ticket, replace with 400 jewels.  Roll again, Hour of Devastation...grr.. Ticket, 400 jewels, reroll Hour of Devastation...  erm... Ticket, Jewels, Rolls, Hour of Devastation. Ticket, Jewels, Rolls, Hour of... you though I was going to say Devastation?  No no... Revelation (sadly also a dupe).  Ticket. Jewels, Rolls Hour of Devastation! tinykitty!!!!!  Ticket. Jewels. Rolls. Hour of Revelation.  And the elite pack goes into the great beyond.

Maybe this is considered an exploit by some?  Or is it no longer exploitive now that they are offering jewels instead of a reroll.  And just an FYI I had 2 of the mythics in the pack and 1 of the MPs before I started rolling for the elusive Omniscience. 

They wouldn't have had to load me up with duplicate crafting fodder if they made the stupid coding not give you dupes in the first place.

Oh I've complained about this blatant exploit to brigby long ago. 
    it is not an exploit because customer service will check Bab's account and decide whether to give him back 400 jewels or offer a final no-dupe card for the current elite rotation. if one chooses the final no-dupe card option, customer service will not entertain the player if he submit another dupe request. Every transaction is on record. And every refund or rejection of refund follows D3go's policy wrt to elite packs.

For any one not in the loop, refunds for dupes are only allowed for the 400 jewel mythic+ purchases. The 100 jewel rare+ purchases are not eligible fordupe refunds. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    babar3355 said:
    Fiddler said:

Also, my experience is that there are not that many duplicate mythics out there. I have a large card collection, and of my 109 mythics, only 6 are duplicates.

Good lord, really?  I got 6 duplicates in the LAST ELITE PACK ALONE!  Roll a pack, Hour of Devastation.. cool.  Roll a new pack.. Hour of Devastation.  Ticket, replace with 400 jewels.  Roll again, Hour of Devastation...grr.. Ticket, 400 jewels, reroll Hour of Devastation...  erm... Ticket, Jewels, Rolls, Hour of Devastation. Ticket, Jewels, Rolls, Hour of... you though I was going to say Devastation?  No no... Revelation (sadly also a dupe).  Ticket. Jewels, Rolls Hour of Devastation! tinykitty!!!!!  Ticket. Jewels. Rolls. Hour of Revelation.  And the elite pack goes into the great beyond.

Maybe this is considered an exploit by some?  Or is it no longer exploitive now that they are offering jewels instead of a reroll.  And just an FYI I had 2 of the mythics in the pack and 1 of the MPs before I started rolling for the elusive Omniscience. 

They wouldn't have had to load me up with duplicate crafting fodder if they made the stupid coding not give you dupes in the first place.

If this is an exploit, you should probably stop talking about it in the forums...

Personally, I still don't know whether it is or not, but since I'm not planning to spend my jewels for the next year or so, I really don't care.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @blacklotus @shteev I believe Ohboy is referring to the dupe Mythics/Masterpieces from the initial Elite Pack roll still being kept in the player's collection which will presumably have some value in the upcoming Booster Crafting system.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ohboy said:
    babar3355 said:
    Fiddler said:

If this is an exploit, you should probably stop talking about it in the forums...

Personally, I still don't know whether it is or not, but since I'm not planning to spend my jewels for the next year or so, I really don't care.

You're telling the wrong guy to shut up. I'm not the one going into excruciating detail about it. 

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @blacklotus @shteev I believe Ohboy is referring to the dupe Mythics/Masterpieces from the initial Elite Pack roll still being kept in the player's collection which will presumably have some value in the upcoming Booster Crafting system.
    Wait, what??
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what is the blatant exploit?  I had 2 of the mythics.  I have 3000 jewels because we haven't had new elite pack in a month.  Do I just take my dupe and sulk?

Is that what you do @Ohboy?

It's stupid and lazy that they leave the dupes.  It's either bad coding that they offer dupe replacement or greed that they know most users won't know to request it, or they would offer dupe free packs.
  • babar3355
    Options
    And doesn't an "exploit" require intent and guaranteed effectiveness (or at least highly probable)? I neither wanted a string of dupes and interactions with CS not did I have a high probability of this occurring (presumably).

Hibernum painted themselves in this corner and now we just have to live with it until crafting hits.
  • babar3355
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oh, well yes if you have all of the cards... I had 3 of them.  And I took your comment as saying what I did was a blatant exploit, which it clearly was not.

[MOD MIC ON] redacted [MOD MIC OFF]  Hadn't we agreed on a bit more civility?
  • Ohboy
    edited November 2017
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Oh, well yes if you have all of the cards... I had 3 of them.  And I took your comment as saying what I did was a blatant exploit, which it clearly was not.

[MOD MIC ON] redacted [MOD MIC OFF] Hadn't we agreed on a bit more civility?

Oh come on. I was just playing off shteev's joke. You were fine with that.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    And doesn't an "exploit" require intent and guaranteed effectiveness (or at least highly probable)? I neither wanted a string of dupes and interactions with CS not did I have a high probability of this occurring (presumably).

Hibernum painted themselves in this corner and now we just have to live with it until crafting hits.

I never said you exploited it. You called it an exploit and I just said I already reported this exploit to brigby. Oh is this what we're doing today? Fighting?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] Please refrain from using insults, to include paraphrasing. [MOD MIC OFF]
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fiddler said:

That is absolutely bonkers. I have 103 mythics, with 56 duplicates. 35% of the mythics I have opened have been dupes. In fact, my second mythic ever was a dupe. I have 5 copies of Metalwork Colossus and 4 copies of Kambal. I have 13 different mythics at 3 copies of each. I have never converted my cards to runes because the rate wasn't worth it to me and I always thought it was interesting to track my cards.

Now, as you can imagine, I have high hopes for booster crafting to be something useful. Not because I have all these cards to turn into booster fuel but because I've been burned so many times by dupes already. I've stopped spending crystals with any intention of getting something meaningful and because of this I will never even consider spending cash on crystals.

So the bottom line is this, can they make booster crafting worthwhile enough to entice players to spend cash? I think the answer is yes. Will they? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Wow fiddler. You've been extremely lucky.

One expects about a third of their collection to be duplicates on average I think.