November Q&A Question Submission (11/6/17)

Options
2»

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yirrixees said:
    Yirrixees said:
    One of the most important things that has yet to be covered is the prominence of duplicates with purple gems purchases (whatever they are called). I have gotten THREE duplicates for my last three masterpiece buys and i only have THREE cards of the entire options! I love this game, but if ANYTHING makes me want to quit it is that. I have only been here about four months and I am sick of it and so is the rest of the community from what I can tell. The thrill of the chase is one of the critical aspects that keeps this game alive, but it is the GRIND for those oh so precious purples so that you can expand your collection just a little bit more that directly validates the time and effort one puts into the game. It isn't a random rare or mythic you pull from a pack, it is a DIRECT relationship between your effort and hard won placement over multiple events over multiple days with the promise that it will be worth it... so getting constant duplicates just feels like a kick in the pants. So please, pretty pretty please, will you do something about masterpiece duplicates?

In case you didn't know, if you get a duplicate, you can ask for a re-roll until you get a non-duplicate. You have to go through the whole customer service process. though.
    From what I heard, that ONLY applies if you spent the 400 purples on it, not the 120 (which is bad enough as a grind as it is). Also, from what i heard, that comes with a limited amount of 're-rolls' which could very well end up being another duplicate. Assuming I have misread BOTH of those things, it is still a huge quality of life change that should be implemented.

Yeah it's only for the 400-purple packs. You are only allowed one non-duplicate per rotation, but you can keep rolling until you get the non-duplicate. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please ensure all comments are questions you would like to submit for the Q&A session. Thank you!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Is there a plan for developing the deck slot concept any further? As of now, there are only 3 usable slots once you pay for them.  The rest are locked and don't get used even when they are unlocked. If at the very least, they were editable once unlocked, that would give them a use. Would be great to know if there are any plans to further explore this aspect of the game. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there a plan for developing the deck slot concept any further? As of now, there are only 3 usable slots once you pay for them.  The rest are locked and don't get used even when they are unlocked. If at the very least, they were editable once unlocked, that would give them a use. Would be great to know if there are any plans to further explore this aspect of the game. 
    While I agree they should be editable once unlocked, this also poses the development issue of bringing all the walkers to three decks, or alternatively removing decks from the other ones to limit the free deck slots we can get.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What are the plans with the long neglected Story Mode?  Will non-direct player competition content be expanded or is the trend toward mainly PvP content the new norm?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oktagon,

What do you consider to be the best period of this game's life and why? There is frequent discussion in our small circles about the halcyon days of yore when BFZ first came out or when we would battle night and day in grand QB tournaments or when we would play for rare reward cards. Which period do you see as an example where Hibernum got it right?

• wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The event "Nodes of Power" just concluded this morning. 

My last node refresh was last night at midnight, and the event ended at 6:00AM.

Unless I do something wonky with my sleep schedule, I will not be able to compete for the top prizes in events like this.

Event refresh and end time shouldn't put players in certain timezones at such a disadvantage.

What will your development team do to address this pain point for players?

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What are things the community can do (well besides giving you money, not all of us can or will) to help MtGPQ get back on its feet more quickly?

Don't say invite more people to play the game either as hopefully you guys are aware that many of us hesitate to recommend the game to people we know because of the various major issues with the game. What kind of feedback is most valuable?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Thank you for all the questions! We will now begin compiling and formatting them for Oktagon's review.
This discussion has been closed.