In your opinion who is the worst character in each star?

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not scared, frustrated. The number of times I've fired it with fewer than 5 yellow tiles on the board and then had a cascade flood the board with yellow and/or match-4s that wiped them just got ludicrous.

And for whatever reason, I tend to be drawn to teams that focus on yellow and black, so C&D are my battery character of choice.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40's powers are so cheap, even if you have bad luck on the countdowns you can usually get fired off again.

C&D are pretty sweet but their AP generation can be patchy also depending on board, still the healing and attack tiles instead is nice.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aa25 said:
    looks like the devs really should do somethings for Rags, moonstone and sentry as they have enough votes in consensus.
    No. Please no. Both Rag and Moonstone already get scaled to stratosphere in PvE. Having them as they are now is fine.
    He could at least get true healing from Blue, which wouldn't affect his PVE opponent status at all.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1* - Venom
    2* - Captain America - just way too slow and his red shield damage is poor and his blue stun is way worse than BW and there is no protect tile like 3* version and yellow....19 AP?
    3* - Ragnarok - so many reasons
    4* - Sandman - don't care what people defending him say he deserves no better than to be cat litter as his best skill is a mediocre green AOE
    5* - Banner Hulk
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1* Venom
    2* bagman
    3* Gambit.: I like 005 gambit. But full covered gambit is worst. He block 4 or 5 character to use power. I can't a good team to go with
    4* Dino. Trash power. 
    5.Hulk
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CCW1208 said:
    3* Gambit.:
    Well that's a new one.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    1* Yelena, at least venom has a stun
    2*Cap, dont do ANY damage at all for the cost, not even for the tier

Unpopular opinion: i like Sentry.

3* Elektra, don´t offer ANYTHING NEW for her rank
    4*Sadly... i have to admit it is CapFalcon, i would argue antman, but he has more uses than Cap
    5*Hulk... Sadly, can we have a GOOD HULK! hopefully, the new hulk might fix this
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP said:
    CCW1208 said:
    full covered gambit is worst. He block 4 or 5 character to use power. I can't a good team to go with
    For 5*s, use Phoenix: gather green, let her die and resurrect. Use her green power to down Gambit. Finish the rest with those purple and red AP (We could also bring Thanos for greater effect..) 
    For 4*s, Blade and Carol comes to mind.
    For 3*s, I think Beast and Colossus could be decent. Just throw him in the air. Scarlet Witch and Colossus.. That's a lot of purple AP..

I agree with your opinion. But the truth is that it is a few effective team combination for Gambit. Gambit is very unique character. Even 5 Gambit is difficult to be used. I have 5 gambit 2/4/1. I feel so upset in the recent PVE. One black generate 2 purple but no red ap each turn. I can't use red power from other characters. I don't have hawkson combo. I can't use Phoenix gambat combo. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm surprised about all the player's choosing Moonstone for worst 2. Yes her purple is lousy, especially in today's "everyone had special tiles" but at least her animation is nice to look at. Her red is super strong but it's her black that's the standout. She's the only 2* that concerts special tiles to friendly plus she had the highest health of any 2* and I think some 3*s. 

She's definitely the most annoying Dark Avenger. The worst 2* goes to Torch. He doesn't play well with others by hogging all the AP with his Green and Black. Sure his red is good but I rather use 2* Wolverine over him.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I'm surprised about all the player's choosing Moonstone for worst 2. Yes her purple is lousy, especially in today's "everyone had special tiles" but at least her animation is nice to look at. Her red is super strong but it's her black that's the standout. She's the only 2* that concerts special tiles to friendly plus she had the highest health of any 2* and I think some 3*s. 

She's definitely the most annoying Dark Avenger. The worst 2* goes to Torch. He doesn't play well with others by hogging all the AP with his Green and Black. Sure his red is good but I rather use 2* Wolverine over him.
    Agreed on Moonstone. Torch's red is quite good though. I think Cap really has no upside in comparison, even his stun is meh.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not only is Torch's red good, but his green rocks too, especially when paired with Daken. Moonstone's not the worst 2-star, Cap has that distinction, but her powers can be spendy and too situational. She doesn't synergize with anyone else in the tier very well, either.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1 - Venom

2 - Cap

3 - Sentry

4 - Sandman

5 - Banner

Cap and Sentry imo win by a mile in 2-3* land. The others have some competition, Ock in 5* land and the venom brothers in 4* tier. If I could fix anyone it would be Banner. I'm not a 5* player yet but I recognize that Baby Groot's power is way better and as a huge Hulk fan I wish he was the powerhouse he deserves to be. It's weak that Thunderbolt and Cho are both way better than him.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The other crime that 2* Cap commits is that he makes you think that 3* Cap will also be awful when in fact, 3* Cap is just fine. It was only literally reading on these boards when I was first rostering 3* that made me not sell any 3* Cap covers thinking he was terrible too.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1* Venom
    2* Captain America
    3* Vision
    4*Sam Wilson
    5* Doc Ock

I wouldn't even touch these characters unless they are required.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmmm. No limited aye... Very well.

1* Venom - Bad nerf with Juggs eventually becoming the HP tank

2* Captain - His cancels were once handy, but too slow and quickly outclassed

3* Vision - Most say Rags or Sentry, but we found utility in them. Vision is unique, but not one we use too often. Rated based solely on use, but really not a bad character.

4* Here's a tough one. Managed to find utility in all so far. So we will say Kingpin solely as a protest of his "Black" nerf

5* Not enough covers to judge

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1* - Venom (Yelena's black is growing on me since I started using her more in DDQ, although her purple is WAY too expensive...plus she's limited) (Venom really needs the original black, but changed so it can't be sent out as a TU...that was just a fun power to play around with, especially in the brief time where 1* Spider-Man was released and the nerf hadn't hit...although I get why they didn't want Venom TU's once Miles was released)

2* - Captain America (the 3* at Lv 40 deals more damage off of red than the 2* at 144) (since her black update, Moonstone is actually decent...at least mid-tier, plus I believe she's the only tile thief below the 3* tier)

3* - Vision (he's not horrible, but his blue needs to work if he's not tanking and the AI just plays him HORRIBLY, except to heal-spam with Kamala) (on a side note, even though she's not great, no one's mentioned Psylocke, yet, which says something for her upgrade as she would have been a front-runner a couple months ago) (I almost agreed with Elektra, but her black and red both offer more than Vision, sadly)

4* - Wolverine (X-Force) As bad as Sam Wilson is, Wolverine is just hapless now if you deny black.  Even when he's boosted, he's just not scary (I tend to see a lot of unboosted 4*'s during his boost weeks unless the others that week are good or have synergy.  Sam can at least stall matches with yellow/blue, plus he always seems worse since most people use him primarily in his Clash which is a real troll battle.  Sam probably needs a cost reduction on red and Wolverine probably needs his green restored to it's former glory...heck, even his black, since it probably wouldn't drastically alter the meta.

5* - Probably Banner, but I'm far from a 5* player
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have the same problems when I use combinations that are supposed to yield great results, but for me they do nothing! :'(
    This is basically why I don't use IM40 very often. So many of my early games with him involved never managing a second yellow match or at least two of the countdowns getting matched away from each use of the power. Now I just don't think of him, since I've never really had good results with him.
    Mostly the same here. I definitely use him when boosted. And sometimes, if I remember, I’ll use him and Peggy if I need a strong duo. 

Vulture, OTOH, whom I just champed last week, is my new numero uno...
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1* venom
    2* bagman
    3* sentry
    4* devil dino
    5* banner
  • Claypigeon
    Claypigeon Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Options
    1 * - Yelena.... dear god, every move costs an absolute pile of AP, she's squishy, and for the amount of AP you're paying... it's just not worth it. Oh and everything she can do, someone else can do it better and cheaper IN HER TIER.   

Honourable mention:  I guess have to say Venom but he's kindy of tanky (basically this tier is pretty good overall and honestly he does mesh well but individually there are probably better options)

2 * - 2* Human Torch? the damage differences are just too vast between his 3* version (which is at least mid tier) and the 2*. Even though they're identical. It's just everyone else either does more damage or has more utility. 

3 * - Sentry, everything can damage your allies and it doesn't even do that much damage to your opponents! Sacrifice isn't terrible but the cost is too high in health and it's one tile which inevitably gets matched in two seconds. Sure  world rupture ACTUALLY works well in the current meta with allies such as 4*Carol and Coulson but honestly? There are just better options.

Honourable mention:3* Cap Marvel . She can soak to gain AP. She's not particularly tanky. She is a health pack sink. *nope* Hulk - kind  of tanky, but does squat damage. Also damages his allies AGAIN. He's just not very scary. Even when he's levelled to 550 and that says a lot (particularly when a 1* Juggernaut had to be NERFED by comparison).

4* - X force Wolverine . Nope, just nope. Great surgical strike when boosted can do pretty decent damage. That's nice. I'm certain the computer is going to kindly line up a good board for me. Also the ONLY wolverine with no passive true healing. Oh yeah and he's squishy... Like seriously, huge piles of laughable no.

Honourable mentions: Sam Wilson Cap /Kingpin/Eddie Brook Venom - slooooooooooooooow, 

Unpopular honourable mentions: Hulkbuster. He does one thing well and it does not fit into the current meta at all. He's now a giant tanky vampy dinosaur that occupies a space that could be better filled with pretty much anyone. Oh yeah and the fact his red drains to damage is an absolute sinker now.  Hell at least Rhulk can board shuffle and affect the opponents pool.

5* - Banner -  Cumbersome. Really should be good. Just isn't. Also squishy. How is the hulk squishy?????

Honourable mentions:  Civil War Cap and Civil War Iron Man. - They shouldn't be useless but they just don't seem to sync. To sum it up they suffer the Yelena issue. Someone else can play their game better. 

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No limited characters please.