In your opinion who is the worst character in each star?

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
No limited characters please.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1* - Venom
    2* - Moonstone maybe? Not sure
    3* - Ragnarok (though he's hilarious with Riri)
    4* - Sandman or Captain Falcon
    5* - Not at this tier yet. Banner I guess?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 - Venom

2 - Probably Hawkeye. Countdowns are somewhat unreliable, and Match 5 is even moreso.

3 - Sentry and Ragnarok are both really bad, but if I had to take a guess, I'd probably go with Rags.  At least Sentry's World Rupture ability goes nuts with C4rol.  Rags and Riri are pure color overlap, so no reason to run them both at the same time unless you've got a Yellow/Black/Purple (C&D? Kingpin?) as your third.

4 - Speaking of Kingpin...  The nerf hammer hit him WAY harder than it should have.  Even Sandman's better now, and FalCap's red can be a one-shot kill.

5 - Not much info here.  A good chunk of mine don't have all three abilities covered.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1* - Venom
    2* - Moonstone
    3* - Sentry or Vision
    4* - Nick Fury
    5* - Doc Ock
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options

2 - Probably Hawkeye. Countdowns are somewhat unreliable, and Match 5 is even moreso.

Hawkeye is decent for his purple alone. Clint, Magneto, and Storm are a team of 2*s who hit well above their weight.

Bagman and 2* Cap, however, are utterly useless.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1* Venom – strangest nerf I’ve seen.

2* Captain America – he is just sadly pathetic, which is a shame as his 3* version who has the exact same powers is pretty good.

3* I don’t know if he is the worst overall but 3* Sentry has THE most frustrating power in Sacrifice. Take a not inconsiderable amount of damage to generate ONE strike tile. Sure, it is quite powerful but it is nearly always spawned in a vulnerable position and instantly matched next turn by the AI. Thanks Sentry, although I suppose at least you didn’t punch the rest of the team in the face…that is just your other 2 powers. I think though that 3* Star Lord is pretty boring, so I may plump for him.

4* are hard to argue because basically all 4* once champed and then boosted can be epic. However, I think sadly Flaptain may be too frustrating to use with the cost of his yellow and red. Although I guess Gambat could fix part of that…if you could be bothered

5* I have no real experience at this level, however Banner’s powers seem just a bit sad for a 5* Hulk.  

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1* Venom, worst character in the game. Nerfed to be useless.
    2* Steve Rogers, decent stun but no damage.
    3* Vision, good when transitioning to 3*s but useless afterwards.
    4* Sam Wilson Cap, one trick character that requires a ton of AP. His passive is worse than his 3* version.
    5* Hulk, bad first form and underwhelming second form.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    1-star: Juggernaut is by far the worst. He has a force field that makes him utterly impossible to damage, but he hurts himself when he headbutts someone? Ludicrous. And why only two colors/powers? Are the developers trying to tell me he's on par with such weakies as Black Widow and Hawkeye? Those two don't even have powers! And why is Juggernaut a 1-star to begin with? This guy can bench press a skyscraper and laughs at the X-Men every time they try to defeat him. He should be a 6-star, at least.
    Not to mention, boardshake is way to random to be reliable.
    Dormammu said:
    2-star: Black Widow. Wait, what? When the heck did Black Widow dress like Catwoman from the 1960's Batman television show? And what's with those fishnets - were all her costumes at the laundry so she borrowed one from Black Canary? I thought this was a Marvel game?
    And she doesn't even have a power that does damage without leaving her stranded out in front. I had to check the thread title again; I really thought it was "worst-dressed character in each star" for a minute there.
    Dormammu said:
    3-star: IM40 is so horrible. His AP costs on red and blue are off the charts. What were the developers thinking? Not only are they expensive but they also drain yellow AP? And don't get me started on the self-stun. Who stuns themselves? That's asinine! What kind of strategy am I supposed to build around that? WORST CHARACTER DESIGN EVER.
    Could have been worse. He could have had self-damage too, like Juggs or Ares.
    Dormammu said:
    4-star: Rocket & Groot need an immediate buff. Do they want to generate strike tiles or attack tiles?
    If he made Protect tiles too, at least we could be satisfied with the symmetry
    Dormammu said:
    5-star: Can we talk about Gambit? How is it possible that the best build for a character is fully ignoring two of his cover colors? That just screams poor design to me making him absolutely the worst character of all time - because obviously his red and purple are so entirely useless that it is better to not even have them on the character at all, which is what everyone is doing.
    Kind of reminds me of the old 5/5/2 IM40 builds. How far we've come...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Rags and Riri are pure color overlap, so no reason to run them both at the same time unless you've got a Yellow/Black/Purple (C&D? Kingpin?) as your third.
    Actually, they go very well together. All you need is about 3 casts of Rag's red (IM40 usually does the trick quickly) to start a winfinite chain. Spam Rag's red and fill the board with cascades of blue. Once he's out of red, switch to spamming Riri's blue which will fill you back up with red. Repeat.

Ragfinity for the win.
    Yeah...just tried this with Rags/Riri/IM40.  Two Rags reds got me 30 blue, and I used Riri's blue three times, going for the Winfinite.  It didn't quite happen that way. In fact...NOT A SINGLE RED MATCH HAPPENED ON ITS OWN!!  There are 12 charged red tiles scattered across the board, and not a single one matched up for me.  This is in addition to the five (non-charged) red tiles tiles on the board.  Meanwhile, Wolverine and the two Shinobi are just drooling over all of those red AP they'll be able to get next turn for another 10K damage Adamantium Slash.

Edit - After Sending Wolverine Airborne thanks to the green that I didn't use for Godlike Power, I collected 30 red for Rags to go again.  There are now 21 blue tiles on the board, and I have 18 blue AP.  Two more of Riri's blue yield...nothing. Fortunately, Wolverine is down now, so I don't have to worry about him going nuts this turn.

Finally, after the third try, I think I've got enough AP to get this thing going.  Four more of Rag's reds yielded 21 more blue on the board, two of which will be separate match 5s.  Still, no actual matches from all of those abilities.  Freakishly bad luck.

Edit again - Woo-hoo! Post #500.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The MPQ gods were against you, my friend!
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have the same problems when I use combinations that are supposed to yield great results, but for me they do nothing! :'(
  • RaymondSr1978
    RaymondSr1978 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1* Venom 
    2* Moon Stone (her red power is solid though)
    3* Sentry 
    4* Electra 
    5* haven’t used all characters to make a selection 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 Venom ( he was one of the best until they nurtured his insta kills)

2 bagman

3 Sentry

4 Winder solider

5 Banner
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    looks like the devs really should do somethings for Rags, moonstone and sentry as they have enough votes in consensus.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    looks like the devs really should do somethings for Rags, moonstone and sentry as they have enough votes in consensus.
    No. Please no. Both Rag and Moonstone already get scaled to stratosphere in PvE. Having them as they are now is fine.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have the same problems when I use combinations that are supposed to yield great results, but for me they do nothing! :'(
    This is basically why I don't use IM40 very often. So many of my early games with him involved never managing a second yellow match or at least two of the countdowns getting matched away from each use of the power. Now I just don't think of him, since I've never really had good results with him.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom (was already terrible, then they nerfed his instakills because bringing a 1* wasn't enough of a liability apparently)
    Bullseye
    Vision
    Sam Wilson
    Banner
  • xavierixeq
    xavierixeq Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Venom (Yelena is actually worse)
    Ares - all his powers cause negatives (green does great damage but gives other team tiles, red you have to be half dead for decent damage, and yellow is a saving grace till you kill yourself with it... never a good idea to have a power that will kill you..Bag man is actually worse)
    Sentry - not only can he kill himself with his yellow but the rest of his powers will kill his team... again, bad form - humm maybe a candidate for LIMITED
    Venom - take your pick on either
    The Hulk - two passives and the one active that if you have a full part will hurt you... then switching to hulk is just a nightmare... hulk messes up all sorts of free turns or strategies you might have. And lets not point out the HP dip

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TPF Alexis said:
    This is basically why I don't use IM40 very often. So many of my early games with him involved never managing a second yellow match or at least two of the countdowns getting matched away from each use of the power. Now I just don't think of him, since I've never really had good results with him.
    There are certainly times where yellow is the rarest substance on the board and it's annoying when you need IM40 to speed things up, but honestly I often experience the opposite - there's too much yellow and I have to keep matching it to scatter the yellow out a bit before casting. It's not uncommon for me to fire off 2 Recharges at once and have all 6 countdowns resolve.

To not use IM40 because you're scared of too little yellow or losing his countdowns is to deny yourself the best battery in the game and by far the most important 3-star to possess. Use recharge strategically - cast it when there's no immediate match-3s for yellow and match around the countdowns to protect them. All 3 of them resolve for me 90% of the time.

IM40 + Peggy + Green Nuker is still one of the most effective teams a 4-star player can employ, even in this era of strikes and passives. For 3-star players, there isn't a more efficient team against goons than IM40 + Patch + Strange.