***** Thor (Gladiator) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited November 2017 in Character Details

Thor (Gladiator) 

5 Star Rarity (Epic)

At Max Level: HP:  53629   548/82/75/4.3/626/705/89/354

God of Thunder - 12 Green AP:

The Mighty Thor charges his blows with lightning for an explosive attack, dealing 1814 damage to all enemies.

(PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, if Thor is below 50% health, destroys 2 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.

• Level 2: Deals 2177 damage, and passive power destroys 3 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
  • Level 3: Deals 2540 damage, and passive power destroys 3 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
  • Level 4: Deals 2902 damage, and passive power destroys 4 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
  • Level 5: Deals 3265 damage, and passive power destroys 5 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
  • MAX LEVEL:
  • Level 3: Deals 10,209 damage to all enemies and Passive destroys 3 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
  • Level 4: Deals 11,667 damage, and destroys 4 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
  • Level 5: Deals 13,126 damage, and destroys 5 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
Asgardian Tactics 9 Red AP:
Thor slashes his twin swords through the enemy's defenses to deal 1814 damage to the target, ignoring Protect tiles.  Thor deals an additional 88 for each friendly Special tile up to 10.
  • Level 2: Deals 2165 damage, and 106 damage per friendly Special tile.
  • Level 3: Deals 2341 damage, and 146 damage per friendly Special tile.
  • Level 4: Deals 2633 damage, and 171 damage per friendly Special tile.
  • Level 5: Deals 3131 damage.
  • MAX LEVEL:
  • Level 3: Deal 9409 damage to the target ignoring protect tiles, and 586 damage for each friendly Special tile up to 10.
  • Level 4: Deal 10585 damage, and 686 damage per friendly Special tile.
  • Level 5: Deal 12585 damage.
Smoldering Fire 9 Yellow AP:
Thor leaps into the fray to protect his team.  thor creates a Repeater tile that generates 1 Yellow Protect tile(s) with a strengh of 117 each turn.  This power becomes Raging Fire.
  • Level 2: Protect tiles have a strength of 140.
  • Level 3: Protect tiles have a strength of 161.
  • Level 4: Protect tiles have a strength of 
  • Level 5: Protect Tiles have a strength of 
  • MAX LEVEL:
  • Level 3: Create a Repeater tile that each turn generates 1 Yellow Protect tile with a strength of 646 each turn. 
  • Level 4: Protect tiles have a strength of 729.
  • Level 5: Protect tiles have a strength of 823.

Raging Fire 12 Yellow AP:
When his defenses fall, Thor strikes out with fury.  Remove Thor's Repeater tile to deal 3547 damage to the target.

(PASSIVE) When Thor's repeater tile no longer exists, all friendly Protect tiles convert to Strike tiles and this power becomes Smoldering Fire.
  • Level 2: Deals 4388 damage.
  • Level 3: Deals 5120 damage.
  • Level 4: Deals 5851 damage.
  • Level 5: Deals 6583 damage.
  • MAX LEVEL:
  • Level 3: Remove Thor's Repeater tile to deal 20581 damage to the target.
  • Level 4: Deals 23522 damage.
  • Level 5: Deals 26462 damage.

Known issue: The repeater tile could be placed next to two yellow tiles on the board and instantly be matched away, looking into this and trying to address it.

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Very interesting power set.
    Sounds like a 5/5/3 build normally, depending on team composition of course.
    When the description mentions 'destroys' that usually means that AP is gained. Might be startingThor and Daredevil at <50% health on some matches.

Looking forward to picking him up.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Asgardian´s Tactics can do upto 19.5k damage for 9 red AP - that´s pretty impressive! Can´t wait to use new Thor with my Daredevil when they´re both below 50% health... B)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding his Yellow: Will matching away the Repeater tile be enough to transform Protect Tiles into Strike Tiles? Or do you specifically have to Cast his Yellow?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Anon said:
    Regarding his Yellow: Will matching away the Repeater tile be enough to transform Protect Tiles into Strike Tiles? Or do you specifically have to Cast his Yellow?
    When the repeater tile is destroyed the tiles will transform, if the player casts the Raging Fire ability it does damage then transforms the tile.  You do not have to cast his yellow for the Protect tiles to change to Strike tiles.
  • Anon
    Cthulhu said:
    Anon said:
    When the repeater tile is destroyed the tiles will transform, if the player casts the Raging Fire ability it does damage then transforms the tile.  You do not have to cast his yellow for the Protect tiles to change to Strike tiles.
    Great news!
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    When the description mentions 'destroys' that usually means that AP is gained. Might be startingThor and Daredevil at <50% health on some matches.

Most if not all of the other destroying powers don't collect AP, except Rogue's red which states specifically states that it gains the destroyed AP.  
  • Rick_OShay
    edited November 2017

Most if not all of the other destroying powers don't collect AP, except Rogue's red which states specifically states that it gains the destroyed AP.  

Nah, Vulture blue, the afore-mentioned Torch and Magneto, and dare I mention Squirrel Girl green?
    The powers you are referring to about destroyed tiles always explicitly state 'and does not gather AP'. When it's not mentioned, it does gain AP.  [This is different than 'removed', which does not gain AP].

Got GladiaThor's yellow today. Now to get experimenting with trying to destroy his repeater tile at specific times to convert all friendly protects to strikes. Sounds like fun.
  • Anon
    Thor and boosted C4ge sounds like a grand old time. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Yep tried that and it's pretty hilarious. However, if you have 3+ protects out from Cage, and you can fire a yellow power, well, it's probably better to just fire off HfH for big damage. Otherwise you have to wait until the repeater is destroyed to start doing strikes+ damage. 
    I did however play an amusing battle with Gwenpool. Her black creates decent strength protects, then with Thor's repeater out for a bit, you can use her purple to destroy this CD and it converts all protects to strikes. 
    This is all entertainment so far since Thor's protects aren't a big deal until until you have a bunch at once (or level him up).
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Been using him with rogue. Still early days but im making use of his high match damage by employing her green early and using other teams toons highest colours to my advantage. im waiting for a cover swap but mine is currently 3/4/5 level 410
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's actually an exception; it's by far more common for a power to specifically mention that it does not generate AP when destroying tiles.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

I have 3 in green and when under 50% this passive has been a life saver and ap generator. He is boosted in the current pvp cycle but at 3 green he is destroying 3 tiles and this hits the enemy for about 3k. this is without any tiles down. The shield tiles my 5 in yellow generate are about 1,100 so if they were converted to strikes then you are looking at an impressive constant tick

• Anon
    I just pulled a Green cover. Wondering who to use him with at this level.
  • Rick_OShay
    Well, if starting Thor at 50% health in a fight, I'd bring along Bl4de for the passive red and green you'll be gathering. 
    But, I'm sure you're asking about team comp in general, and at full health so, I would like to know too...
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    does anyone (whale) has a champ gladiathor ? how well does he play?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    does anyone (whale) has a champ gladiathor ? how well does he play?
    I came across husko in pvp with one. Not sure if he/she is on this forum though
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Everyone went crazy in the Gambit store with the messed up pull rates, but it sounds like nobody was interested in the Thtore (Thor store). I'm sure it didn't help that lousy Banner was in there. Hopefully we'll see more champed Thors next week, I want to see how he does in PvP.
  • Pongie
    It’s because there is no need to rush out and get Thor yet. Most (myself included) are waiting for Thor to enter latest before trying to get him. Gambit and Daredevil is better than Strange and Banner. Especially when Thor won’t qualify as 5* essential in pve until he rotates into latest. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Pongie said:
    It’s because there is no need to rush out and get Thor yet. Most (myself included) are waiting for Thor to enter latest before trying to get him. Gambit and Daredevil is better than Strange and Banner. Especially when Thor won’t qualify as 5* essential in pve until he rotates into latest. 
    I've been doing the same, I have 5000CP ready to unload next week when he hits.

• Pongie
    Same amount of cp too, plus 150 latest tokens