Baby Groot's disappearing act

Blindman13
Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
I just noticed that when you use 4* Rocket & Groot's green ability (Don't Push This Button), while the countdown tile is on the board, the Baby Groot disappears from Rocket's shoulder in the avatar image above the board. It makes sense, because he's running around behind the scenes with a giant bomb in his hands.
I thought this was a nice little touch. Anyone else see this and I'm just a little slow? How about any other little Easter eggs?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know... I don't think I've ever actually used either of grocket's non-passive abilities.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I guess it’s like OML’s claws, I love this kind of thing. Vision and Scarlet holding hands, 5* Banner transforming, and so on. I love all of these bits, it’s part of being a fan of Superheroes/Marvel.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L said:
    Vision and Scarlet holding hands
    Wait, what?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    I just noticed that when you use 4* Rocket & Groot's green ability (Don't Push This Button), while the countdown tile is on the board, the Baby Groot disappears from Rocket's shoulder in the avatar image above the board. It makes sense, because he's running around behind the scenes with a giant bomb in his hands.
    I thought this was a nice little touch. Anyone else see this and I'm just a little slow? How about any other little Easter eggs?
    Im pretty sure when you use the blue power and its Rocket flying around dropping tiles he disappears as well.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Ignore me - I just tried and he doesnt.  Must have confused it with Groot going missing...
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Jarvind said:
    Doc L said:
    Vision and Scarlet holding hands
    Wait, what?
    If you pick Vision and Scarlet, they look like they’re holding hands on the select screen.
  • Blindman13
    Doc L said:
    If you pick Vision and Scarlet, they look like they’re holding hands on the select screen.
    You have to put them beside each other, then select the 3rd person.  That one seems more like a incidental coincidence rather than a deliberate move by the character designers.
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I like how the opposing Thanos has the gems but I don't.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    The infinity gauntlet is on Thanos' left hand. From the player's POV, you're looking at Thanos' right hand when you're using him, and his left hand when he's your opponent.
  • Blindman13
    Which Thanos are you using? 3* does not have the gauntlet, only 5*
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I just noticed the OML one the other day... mostly because I rarely get his claws out. ;)

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    The infinity gauntlet is on Thanos' left hand. From the player's POV, you're looking at Thanos' right hand when you're using him, and his left hand when he's your opponent.
    To my knowledge, they don't pay attention to stuff like that, characters are just mirrored for left and right, even if it means a left or right hand feature get swapped. As Blindman13 noted, 3* Thanos has no infinity gem'd gauntlet, while 5* does.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    To my knowledge, they don't pay attention to stuff like that, characters are just mirrored for left and right, even if it means a left or right hand feature get swapped. As Blindman13 noted, 3* Thanos has no infinity gem'd gauntlet, while 5* does.
    A few characters are done with more attention to detail. I think maybe one of the Iron Fists and Ragnarok are like that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

When you play 5* Thanos, he has no gems on his right glove. It is not a mirrored image, you can see the gems on an opposing 5* Thanos.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I also think this kind of things, while not nearly as important as others, are a nice touch to the game and I would like to see more of this in the future. One of them not mentioned, but surely everybody knows about it: Mistique transforms into the character she stuns.

I think there should be some other characters in game that could receive this treatment as well. As @mexus said, Yondu is one of them, when his blue is a passive, remove the arrow from his hand. Other characters: 
    • Gwenpool - She should have a gun in hand after she picks it from the board (don't know if this is already made or not)
    • Thanos - Could have his glove glowing purple when he has his CD on the board, since he activated an infinity stone.
    • Green Goblin - Should have something to indicate he doesn't have the glider anymore, after he loses it (maybe a sad/angry face or something)
    • Ant-Man - Should be tiny when he transforms (can't remember if this is done or not). 
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I never noticed before, good eye
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    For his purple power, Gambit's eyes flash purple before he throws his cards, signifying he has charged them up with energy.

I also like that when you fire Haweye/Hawguy's Ant-man arrow, a tiny Ant-man is actually on it.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Groot being gone especially because if Rocket is in front, Groot often blocks the 2nd character, so when I'm not paying too much attention I might get a shock and think I lost someone!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    that attention for detail, wow...
    there are times vulture could go airborne and land as rulk and I'm not sure I'd realize... 
  • Blindman13
    ammenell said:
    there are times vulture could go airborne and land as rulk and I'm not sure I'd realize... 
    I'm usually the same way. I end up running on auto-pilot a lot just trying to get through the grind.
    I've been using Grocket almost daily for a couple weeks and never noticed. I just happened to catch something change out of the corner of my eye once, and had to go back and do it again to confirm.