I didn't know life could be this easy

Options
13»

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think R&G is probably pretty good, but I wish the game would give me something other than his worst color.  I've got him up to 0/9/0 and he just isn't very good like that.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aa25 said:
    Dormammu said:
    I don't disagree that the system is flawed, but I've seen every system since rubber-banding (the horror!) and believe me, the current system is the best anyone has come up with. So instead of something sensible, like changing R&G's strike tile power to something castable, we're just going to alter the entire PvE system because oh god - we can't 'nerf' R&G!

:snip:
    I think nerfing RnG won't solve anything because it will only make the next fastest team becomes the meta instead of RnG, and so on.
    That's fine, keep nerfing until the fastest team contains characters that were boosted for that event.

That's the point of good balance.

Currently it's groot, gamora and thanos/strange/medusa regardless of who is boosted. That's too big a speed gap if the weekly boost can't bridge it.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think R&G is probably pretty good, but I wish the game would give me something other than his worst color.  I've got him up to 0/9/0 and he just isn't very good like that.
    Yellow is his best power, just FYI.  No one is complaining about his Green/Blue.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they wanted to change 4* R&G then they should just change how his strikes are applied, rather than putting them all out at once have him put one down every turn like Carnage does with attack tiles up to a certain limit.

This would obviously be a nerf due to slowing him down, but this would be partially offset by the power continuing to work throughout the match.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yellow is his best power, just FYI.  No one is complaining about his Green/Blue.

On the other hand, the level cap means the strike tiles aren't doing much anyway...
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I didn't say R&G was overpowered. I said he was broken.

I wouldn't say R&G are broken. Strike tiles are what's broken, R&G giving them on turn 0 just makes it blatantly obvious.

Have them suffer from the same exponential damage reduction that normal match damage does and things already look better.

It's kind of ridiculous when your sixth match in a cascade does 6 damage, yet still benefits from the +5000 damage from strike tiles. I've "one-turned" a few level 300 teams just because every single match-3 in the cascade did 5000+ damage.

• Mark70
    Mark70 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been playing from the start, and there are always these new terms, tapping, line.  Perviously, bakers and cupcakes.  We need a jargon dictionary.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mark70 said:
    I've been playing from the start, and there are always these new terms, tapping, line.  Perviously, bakers and cupcakes.  We need a jargon dictionary.

Good idea! Surprised no one thought of it sooner! Oh wait...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/3600/common-forum-abbreviations/p1

Granted, it is maybe a bit up to date, but feel free to suggest new terms you need explained.