Free 3* Gift

13»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Oh sorry I didn't realise this was a necroed thread. Please @Ducky don't punish me for posting in this thread but look over the post Mattjimf did in this discussion that's been dead for 30+ days.

Read the last posts, there's a new link.

And stop moderating.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mattjimf said:

For mobile devices only of course.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    I don't get any free 3* gifts when opening the links in my Android device. The game boots up, 
    nothing more than that. Maybe I was late to it.
    I had the same on android, but once loaded I went back and hit the link and got the cover.
  • Mattjimf
    mexus said:
    Oh sorry I didn't realise this was a necroed thread. Please @Ducky don't punish me for posting in this thread but look over the post Mattjimf did in this discussion that's been dead for 30+ days.
    While I can see the point of reporting for resurrecting an old thread, the topic and new post are consistent with each other and as is the case with all other forums you generally add new things to old topics if they are on point, the fact this place wants to generate new topics for things that have suitable topics already is madness and kind of defeats the purpose of being able to follow topics (I guess that's the purpose of the star at the top next to the title of the topic).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Worked for me on Android. Delighted its a Falcon cover, as I'm rebuilding him currently. 
  • Mattjimf
    NMANOZ said:
    Instead of appreciating someone posting a link for a free cover, some people complain about this being an older topic. I have never seen a forum anywhere that has so many negative and ungrateful people. If this game makes you so angry and depressed, then stop playing it.
    I think it may be that they have been punished for doing similar previously, so now they want to ensure that everyone suffers the same punishment they recieved, which I get, but if true is still a bit petty.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not totally familiar with the punishment/warning system, to be honest.  But assuming that bumping a necro thread results in a warning, it's not bad to have this rule.  Why?

If you are a newer forumite, the first page of this thread is showing a 3DP giveaway from last October.  So you might just assume it doesn't matter and click away. 

If you've visited the thread before, you will go to the last viewed comment and see that this is being bumped because of a new giveaway of Falcon.

The point is, bumping old threads can result in confusion if things have changed or the issue is different, etc.  So if we all support the goal of better communication, then it seems like it is better to generally disregard (and not bump) old threads.  (Sometimes people bump old threads for issues that are long resolved, after all.)

I could suggest that some old threads get deleted at some point, but there probably would be way too much effort to curate which ones have valuable information and which ones don't to make that worthwhile.
  • General_Tojo
    General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Thanks!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Free XP/champ levels are always appreciated. Thanks Mattjimf
This discussion has been closed.