No longer have time for both pvp AND pve

2»

Comments

• BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    ammenell said:
    my motivation hits a low point after I get the 10pack, too 
    My motivation hits a low after I open the 10-pack.

Nine 2*s and a Mystique cover!!!  Yay?
  • Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I'm enjoying these changes simply because it's change. I'm not a complainer irl or elsewhere on the net, but for some reason or another I've felt compelled to diss the devs on occassion. 

There are many positive moments that get overshadowed when you keep a contemptuous state of mind. Like the recent Fan Favorites store. Just spending what was earned, managed to pull covers #11 for BB and BP--the only covers I was hoping for. AND both had the chance to be a wasted cover. All those disappointing times make winning times all the sweeter.

They sent a poll what to rate MPQ. I gave it a 1 with reasons being no ways to reliably finish Classic Legends. Said I just want to finish my Classics! Suddenly, there are 5*s in the HfH store. Granted, not the optimal way but it was positive progress.

So all these recent changes that are viewed as negative reminds me that change is inevitable, better or worse. And to have faith the devs have a plan. And we the players will adapt.

What seems to be happening is actually more choices... and I like that. We now have more ways to choose how and when to spend our resources. My goal may be different than yours. I'm actually stuck now because of the variety of ways to improve my roster. So I'm hoarding until a path becomes more clear to follow.

So this indecision is fueling hoarding, and hoarding is reducing cost. I'll pay $10 for VIP but the competitive spirit that makes me spend more is gone. I even started selling off 266 3*s for roster spots. While it is a huge advantage in pvp with max 3*s, what is the point? I can and will play for free (or close to it). 

So these negative changes remind me to keep my head down and truck on. You'll get there when you get there. And there's no reason to get peeved... about anything. Stay cool, be calm, and carry on.

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I've never had so much problems finishing events before.

Everything takes so much longer.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Seems like I’m getting much harder fights in pvp last couple of events I’ve been getting mostly 35-45k opponents and quite a few 5* matches 

none of my 5* are above 255 though it might be my ever growing 4* champ list that’s the problem 
  • Dr_Booom
    Dr_Booom Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Haven't really played this PVP season.  Would usually get to the final CP reward for each season and snag a few 4* covers along the way.  I find the number of wins daunting with new system and can't really justify the grind in addition to PvE.  

I've tended to do lightening round event rather then the proper PvP in past 5 days, easier to dip in and out.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    For me, I've really only focused on being a PvE player throughout my play experience.  I got into PvP at the beginning of Summer more, but even then I really only went for the 650 token and very occasionally the 900 cover if I needed it.

I carried that attitude over and I have found the new system to be quite nice.  I'll put in the extra effort for a 4* cover needed to get to 13 covers, but I won't do it just to add a champion level.  I'll go to 20 wins (roughly 5 wins every 12 hours or so) and be content.  I don't care about placement and I never really have, so there's never any pressure.

I like the new system simply because my progression can't be taken away, and I can play at my leisure.  I think they should lower the 4* cover down to 30 wins, personally, but I'll still take the good with the bad.

In some ways the new system takes less time for me, and I don't have to be on a schedule to get the progression.  I don't have to worry about shields and making time to do a hop to get to 900 and all the other headaches that came with the old system.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    ammenell said:8
    my motivation hits a low point after I get the 10pack, too 
    My motivation hits a low after I open the 10-pack.

Nine 2*s and a Mystique cover!!!  Yay?
    Hey i got 9 2*s and a miss marvel...Yay?!! 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they want the game to be so grindy we only play one, fine, just double rewards in both. 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Agree with most of what's been said. Thinking that I'll give up playing simulator next season if it stays at 74 wins. Grinding through 74 R&G, Gamora, Medusa teams for a measly four star cover just isn't that much fun. Reduce the number of wins required in PVP, and make my defensive wins increase my win count. Too much grind.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    Agree with most of what's been said. Thinking that I'll give up playing simulator next season if it stays at 74 wins. Grinding through 74 R&G, Gamora, Medusa teams for a measly four star cover just isn't that much fun. Reduce the number of wins required in PVP, and make my defensive wins increase my win count. Too much grind.
    Defensive wins won't ever count, it's far too easy to abuse. Find your buddy, start a fight against him with a **** team, lose on purpose, rinse and repeat.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    Zalasta said:
    Defensive wins won't ever count, it's far too easy to abuse. Find your buddy, start a fight against him with a tinykitty team, lose on purpose, rinse and repeat.
    It shouldn't be too hard to counter that. Only allow one defensive win to count per account. Doesn't seem to be very much out of the box thinking going on with the development of this game. It's got so much unrealized potential...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    Quebbster said:
    Zalasta said:
    Defensive wins won't ever count, it's far too easy to abuse. Find your buddy, start a fight against him with a tinykitty team, lose on purpose, rinse and repeat.
    It shouldn't be too hard to counter that. Only allow one defensive win to count per account. Doesn't seem to be very much out of the box thinking going on with the development of this game. It's got so much unrealized potential...
    Defensive wins will never count.  There was an issue in the past were players would push other players to higher scores in PVP if you got 10-15 players to push each other it would make 40 wins a breeze.  The Devs already know this would be too easy to exploit and the work required to develope a system to counter it is too much work.  They should drop the win total at higher CL and add the CP back into progression even if it was only at CL9.  Most players who go for placement get so frustrated because the score so high but might be 3-4 fights short of the 4*.  I scored 1500+ points on 32 wins, so I didn’t get the 4*but I got the 15CP.  
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, game became a bit grindy with all new PvE and especially PvP changes.
    I think game should shift a genre a bit - more strategy elements would be cool.
    Well, your post inspired me into writing a suggestion post, so i will recklessly put a link here :D
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68692/would-you-like-to-see-blitz-feature-in-game
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing like skipping a bunch of fights then going "Sigh, I guess I'll just have to fight this 4* team", winning after 5-8 minutes, getting 40 points and...one win.

Yippee! At this rate it'll only take me an hour to get 1/4 of the way there!

I'm a big champion of the win-based system but the requirements are so utterly out of whack. I got to 32 wins on Hulk's event and had 1015 points and I just said "I've had enough" and shielded. Coulda pushed on for the Professor X cover, but I ended up top 20 and that felt more rewarding, honestly.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Similarly, this afternoon, I had 1250 points after 30 wins with 12 hours remaining in Hulk PvP (s4.7).

Under the old system, I would have stopped, taken my winnings, and used Hero Points to buy myself real-world free time. This time, I had to play another 10 rounds, lose points, find equal or greater teams worth 4-7 points, blow through health packs, and invest 2 hours before shielding, so I could finish the tournament at #19, netting fewer prizes than under the old progression-only format.

Not a Quality of Life improvement.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other day I had a busier day than normal.  Family activities meant that I didn't play when I thought I could, so I ended up barely finishing PVE clears and not playing PVP at all (well, not enough for progression, for sure).  As many have said, the amount of time to clear both PVE and PVP to progression is huge.

We don't know if that's just the design.  Do they want to make the in game rewards harder to achieve so people progress more slowly?  And maybe spend more to make up for it? Congratulations, devs!  Mission accomplished.

Or do the devs just want to make sure that there is always something to do?  Good job there, I guess...

On the other hand, I mostly gave up on PVP for that event once I realized I couldn't get the cover.  And my attitude toward the game is lower now.  So I think there is a real danger that making rewards harder to achieve makes players disengage and move on.

You know, I probably had a little more fun with PVP once I didn't care about it, ironically.  Maybe that's the point?  It wasn't very rewarding, though.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

For me it's not so much time as battery.  My tablet is plugged in almost constantly when I'm not using it, and I still get the battery warning before finishing the 4 clears at the start of a new sub (after 3 clears at the end of the previous one).  PVP has to wait until I swap to my phone.

• roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Agree, me too i got a nerf ( :smiley: )  on my pvp play, before new system usually i reach 900 points for 4* cover and now at 16 wins i left the pvp. Too much fights are not too more fun equivalent.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recall when they adjusted the refresh clocks on PvE nodes and things really improved for quality of life. The win-based system and the requirements of it have been a step backwards that I hope gets addressed for the next season. If it continues as-is, I just play a lot less, which can't be their goal.