No longer have time for both pvp AND pve

MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Active player but didn't go for placement in pve, I'd just do a clear and get the CP, and enough to get the 4* progression by the end.

Pvp I went for 900 and could do that in a couple hours about 10 hours before the end, which usually got me at least in the top 25.

I must have done about 40 some matches between the two because I just don't have enough time to devote to both anymore plus the dp daily. :(

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I'm picky now... single clears and only cp nodes in pve, pvp to that cp reward of I don't need the 4*cover, and ddq.
    mix simulator in between, aaaand im done. 
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I only see one way to reduce the grind time under the new system.  Fully cover and champ all 5* upon release.  That should make things easier for a little while.  Hope everyone championing the new win based pvp enjoy the extra time needed to get that shiny 4* that was challenging to obtain during the old system.  2 days, 40 wins, 5 minutes per match, 3 hours and 20 minutes a day for pvp, 1 hour per day pvp (cl 8), 4 hours of mpq a day.  So awesome!!!!!
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    Getting 40 wins in pvp and doing 5+ clears in pve is comparable to the time it takes to give birth now.
    And the cost of investing in the pull is about the same, too.  :D
  • MojoWild
    OP has no time to give birth due to combined burden of PvP and PvE.

Mobile games are hardest on the children :(
      corrected, sigh
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild said:
    Active player but didn't go for placement in pve, I'd just do a clear and get the CP, and enough to get the 4* progression by the end.

Pvp I went for 900 and could do that in a couple hours about 10 hours before the end, which usually got me at least in the top 25.

I must have done about 40 some matches between the two because I just don't have enough time to devote to both anymore plus the dp daily. :(
    I don't understand what's to flag here?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    maybe this a good thing, of half the players are in pvp only and half in story only more people get more rewards. Before only a few won both. 
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I too feel like I'm going to have to give up on one side of the game (for me, I would give up the 4* reward in PvP). It felt like a lot of effort going for the 900 points, and the last 150 points were extremely frustrating. And I really appreciate the win-based system to get rid of the 1-step-forward-2-steps-back problem. But 40 wins is just way, way, way too many. I feel like once I've hit 24 I'm pretty much done, and yet I'm barely over half way there. If 24 wins got me the 4* and there was a CP goal at 40 wins (like the 900/1200 points) then I could happily stop at my comfort level, and let those who want the CP grind for it.

But it is hard enough to progress in this game, and doing DDQ, full clears in PVE, 900 in PVP, 2000 in Shield Sim and top 100 in a few LRs a week was giving me slow but steady progress. Giving up the PVP rewards feels like a significant slowdown (especially since it is tied to season rewards), but I'm just not sure how to mange it with the 40 win system. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'm just going for 16 wins in PVP to get the 10CP. I only ever used to aim for 575 under the old system to get the same prize. I will try to get to 133 wins to get the Heroic 10-pack if I can, using 16 wins per event and making up the difference with the Simulator.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    my motivation hits a low point after I get the 10pack, too 
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I totally agree, it's PVE all the way for me now, the recent Thor lightning rounds have solidified this for me, no more PVP
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    I said this about a year ago. It's impossible to play both if you have a life.
    Choose pvp or pve.
    I'm currently playing pvp because I like the new system, ( must bring wins down from 40 to 35 however) and I can no longer face the pve repetition.

Think I've played venom bomb a million times already, Enough, no more.
    Bring in new events across the board to get me playing pve again.

It beggars belief that you don't have an Asgard event, that's just criminal. 
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    new events would be amazing, I've only been playing for a year and the repetition is crazy, so can only sympathise with people playing longer than that!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed to get to 40+ wins and a top 10 finish in the Strange PvP, do semi-optimal PvE clears, earn ~ 1/3 of my Sim wins, and get to T50 placement in Sakaar arena this weekend.  Doing that took what I believe is an unhealthy amount of time.  I recognized this guilty feeling that I was setting a bad example for my children, so I made a conscious effort to put it down for an hour and read a book.

And that was basically just "keeping up".  My numbers aren't even that competitive.  "Too much" just means I'm going to have to pick and choose what I play.  Might have to abandon the notion of final season progression in PvP.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker

I'm in the exact same spot as the OP. I used to do 900 in PvP (my favourite part of the game by far) and then do PvE enough to get the four-star and sometimes go full on depending on the exact story (some are a lot easier - chief among them Deadpool vs the rest as it's two two-day subs). New char releases I went for top 100.

But I can't anymore. The new PvP takes so much more time that I simply can't do it anymore.

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Don't forget the new LR (ISO farm).  Honestly, if my wife didn't play as well, I think I'd be in big trouble.

We stay at home evenings, and rarely make plans on weekends (especially not on end of PvP season)...

Sucks to see another person leave, but I can't say I don't understand - or feel a bit guilty for how much I play.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    This new system def needs a retool. It too much currently, far too much
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I've found a balance, though at the cost of PVP progression. I was a t10 PVE/t25 PVP player before, and luckily I can still do that since the point requirements for t25 still haven't really changed in the PVP slice that I play. 

PVE (Slice 1, CL8) - I had always been a Clearance Level 8 person, but with the introduction of the 5-star node and CL9, I'm seeing what feels like a mass exodus. A lot of 5-star players that wanted t10 for the 4-star champ levels/covers moved up to CL9, because they now get that with less effort, considering you no longer need to rank anywhere near as high and play anywhere near as optimally. Or, 5-star players that maybe wanted an easy 4-star cover with a significant reduction in the amount of time spent are dropping to 7. This leaves CL8 with somewhat of a vacuum, that is being filled with more savvy 4-star rosters. Much easier to compete with those guys than someone who can do their final grind in 30 minutes with a Mega Thanos. 

PVP (Slice 5, CL8) - Needing 40 wins killed my motivation, but my alliance still has a 700 point minimum to make our T100 Alliance placement. Getting 700 points is still effortless. I have a deep enough 4-star roster that I've usually got at least 2 of the 5 4-stars boosted, and I can get to 700-800 in an hour easily. Since the season started, I've been getting here around the 20-ish wins mark, even if I strictly just try to go for non-boosted 4* teams. Its unavoidable after a bit due to MMR, but I find myself worrying much less about getting hit. Just sucks when you get to 700+ points and all the matches are for 30 something points against the 4-star boosted flavor of the week. In either case as I said, the point requirements for t25 in that slice haven't gotten any tougher, so 900 is still a shoo-in for t25. For Doom's event though i made t25 with 788 points. Since I know going into the event now that not caring about whether I hit 40 or not won't hurt my alliance minimum, it kinda takes the edge off. 
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I want to give up pvp but they keep putting in 4*covers  that I want