Obligatory Post Mordem on SHIELD TRAINING Run2

2»

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I got 0 Nightcrawlers (though I should get the one from the PvE Progression tonight)

I had 2 rogue covers starting the event (and championed IW and Elektra).

I set Rogue to my Favorite, didn't pulled 1.  Still not enough to unlock the second row in Shield training.

In PvP?  hah... no.  40 wins is a joke for the time needed.  To be fair, i wouldn't have gotten 900 points under the old style either.  I quit PvP in any sort of competitive fashion last February and it has been the best thing I've done with respect to this game.  Since then, I've been a "Join in the last 3hrs of Slice 4, get to 575 for the CP, quit".  If I was in a good grouping, i might spend the 50CP to shield, but usually not as Placement rewards were (and still are) a joke.  Now, I'm a "meh, if I cleared everything else, I might do a PvP match or 2, but what's the point?" type player.  In "The Devil you Know", I saw the same 3 teams over and over, so there literally was no point. 

I clear every PvE node I can (Even the 5* required) (mainly for the shield points, though in a few weeks I'll be Shield level 125, so even that will be pointless), but I don't do it in any form of strategy.  I play once a day, usually after work when I get home, while watching TV and Podcasts.  Takes 2-3hrs to clear PvE, and I'll spend another 30-60 minutes on Daily Deadpool and PvP just for a few of the piddly rewards.

Currently have 80k ISO, 19415 HP, 4 CP, and 0 tokens banked of any kind.  My VIP ran out on Sunday and for the first time since VIP was introduced, I'm not renewing it.  There's not really a point any more since they're actively pushing me out of the events I like (PvE special events, like Shield Training, System Reboot, Alliance bosses, etc...) and trying to force me into events I hate (like PvP) for lower rewards.

With the recent changes, I haven't gotten any of last few released cards during their initial events (exception being Rogue because I had all 3 of those required chars champed) and it doesn't look like I'm going to qualify for any in the future because they're all being hidden behind de facto paywalls.  I enjoyed the game enough that I could justify giving the Devs $10/mo for VIP because I assumed it would go towards improving the game, not actively pushing me out of it.  I'll use that $10/mo on PowerBall tickets instead.  At least there I can expect to be throwing my money away for little or no return.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    I blew 41 LTs, and 600 CP to get......3 Rogue Covers. She's at 2/5/3 now, and with that I didn't consider it worth it to push for the NightCrawler cover. Having her as a BH, I expected to end up at 13 covers without question. Now that the newest 4s are going to be the only ones from here on out that I don't have fully covered, makes me miss those Latest-12 vaults dearly. It didn't solve the dilution problem for the 4-star tier as a whole, but it did definitely address the issue of covering newer characters. Would have been great if they listenedd to our ideas about separate vaults for Latest and Vintage.  
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    My three essential 4* ladies could only be level 111 so I could do up to the last line. No Nightcrawler for me from that. I got one from progression in PVE and then beat Venom and that was all she wrote!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    My Elektra has been champed for awhile, Baglady had been fully covered at 150. I had iso saved up so I leveled her to 209. My Rogue was 168 2/2/4. Set her as bh and pulled some tokens. I ended up pulling 1 of each of Rogue's colors, all bh. Leveled her to 209 and was able to complete all the top required nodes.

I have NC to 1/3/3 level 111. I need one more cover to get him to 168, probably not gonna get it and I have other iso concerns at the moment (5* DD with a cover on the vine). I did finish the first 3 NC nodes. So I've finished everything but the final 2.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    First run was meh, I was able to play only half of the nodes.
    Second run was awful. Being locked away because I didn't pay for 12 additional Rogue covers, that was really nasty.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Coubii said:
    First run was meh, I was able to play only half of the nodes.
    Second run was awful. Being locked away because I didn't pay for 12 additional Rogue covers, that was really nasty.
    I'm not saying that I am delighted by their decision to throw in all the newest/least popular 4*s as an entry gate, but you only need 10 covers to reach level 209, which gets you to the Nightcrawler cover. It's difficult but not impossible to obtain all of them without paying a cent and without getting lucky in a vault. 

In my case, I didn't have enough covers, but I saved up a small stash of lts and cp and set her to sole bonus hero when she entered tokens, and got her that way. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Managed to get through 2 of the bottom nodes and maybe 10 nodes total.  I'm still happier having this content vs nothing, but the decision to require high levels for a completely new character eliminates that crash of the titans "I'll get 'em next time around" feeling that makes that feature so awesome.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    i finished everything but the last node, had to level up rogue, and iw, and nc. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    FWIW, I made 0 progress since my original post.  I ended up 15th overall in my bracket with those two mockingly unattainable Nightcrawler nodes.  

Working as intended?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
     When the event started, neither Rogue or Elektra were close to 209. Elektra was 3/2/2 Level 147, Rogue 1/2/2 Level 90. But, it was time to crack my hoard, with Gambit in Latests. At various points, Elektra or Rogue were BH, which got Elektra to 5/2/3 and Rogue to 3/3/4, which let me finish off the main block and get an extra Nightcrawler cover. 

I actually managed a second place finish in CL8, so I got four covers there, plus one each for PvE and PvP progression. He sits at 2/3/2, probably the most I've ever covered a character in a release window.