Oh Great, now here come World Destroyer Hulk, New Hair Due Thor, and Loki.

10_EFX_01
10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
I want 4* Jeff Goldbloom!

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uh so yeah.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Not surprising but I was hoping for a Valkyrie instead of Hulk.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    Source?

Not surprising but I was hoping for a Valkyrie instead of Hulk.
    General Discussion page, main icon at the top. Will probably become the App icon soon, too.

I'd like a Valkyrie too, but past releases have shown us she's more likely to come out with the DVD if we make a big to-do about her when the movie comes out (see Guardians 2, no Yondu, no Nebula, no Mantis, instead we got FOUR new versions of Guardians already in the game, and then Yondu was so popular in the movie that he got a release with the DVD afterwards)

Odds are high we get Thor/Hulk/Loki (in that order, even, I'd be willing to guess), Valkyrie being a good DVD candidate, Hela depending on whether or not she gets an event (she could come out for the movie if she's a villain for an event, even an Osborn/Mephisto style story-only villain, but if she gets an actual character, I suspect she'd be a DVD release)
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    D3 loves variants.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very puzzled that Loki looks like a re-drawn version of the 3* rather than anything relate to the movies...
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    I think it's because he looks the same in every movie, unless they also cut his hair in the movie. Lol
    Would make for a great after credit scene, Loki also gets a hair cut! Haha
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I'm very puzzled that Loki looks like a re-drawn version of the 3* rather than anything relate to the movies...
    Isn't that the 3* version of Loki on the icon? I think he's there for thematic reasons. Though I would not mind a good 4* Loki, but just doubt they will release one. There is so much AP steal in 4* land, what could Loki do more ? 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, post patch, have you noticed that the loading symbols that flash by have changed.  I assume to go with the Thor movie.  There's Thor, Hulk, Strange, Loki....  But there's another one.  Almost looks orange tinged with blood or something.  Am I hallucinating?
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    pheregas said:
    Also, post patch, have you noticed that the loading symbols that flash by have changed.  I assume to go with the Thor movie.  There's Thor, Hulk, Strange, Loki....  But there's another one.  Almost looks orange tinged with blood or something.  Am I hallucinating?
    I noticed it too, but it always seems to pop up right when the next screen loads, so I never get a good look at it. Kinda looks like Rulk's, but with a C in the middle instead of an H. I'm sure someone can get a good screengrab of it.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    D4Ni13 said:
    Isn't that the 3* version of Loki on the icon? I think he's there for thematic reasons. Though I would not mind a good 4* Loki, but just doubt they will release one. There is so much AP steal in 4* land, what could Loki do more ? 
    Ummm. 

Loki gains ap but thats not his only, or even main use. His tile conversion and board shuffle that leads to cascades are his greatest strengths. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    if they change my 3* Loki I will be upset. I use him a lot. Unless of course they return him to his former glory when the game launched, He was busted back then.
  • pheregas
    Hadronic said:
    if they change my 3* Loki I will be upset. I use him a lot. Unless of course they return him to his former glory when the game launched, He was busted back then.
    I never really used Loki.  I was unlucky in the beginning and didn't get many covers.  Once I did, I had already moved on to the 4* tier.  He needs health.  Like.  A lot of health, to ever make him relevant again.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    *disclaimer* These are my thoughts, not doing any spoilers based on data mining information. This is all speculation based on previous patterns, things inadvertently visible in game, etc.

Judging by the icon (and the boo boo of the cover already showing in the 5* roster screen yesterday) we will likely see 4* gladiator style Hulk, (known, due to boo boo) 5* Thor (Gladiator), and a 4* Loki. Consider the X-Men icon that was just replaced: 4* Rogue, 3*/5* Gambit, 4* Nightcrawler. 

I am WAY curious about that flashing icon in the loading screen too. All the icons that flash are related to the movie (at least, I'm pretty sure Strange is in the movie) ... but who is that????
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Could it be a new Rags version ???? 
  • pheregas
    edited October 2017
    Maybe it's Hela.

Somebody in my alliance pointed out that it was Thor's shield.  So Thor has two icons that swirl by.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    Maybe it's Hela.

Somebody in my alliance pointed out that it was Thor's shield.  So Thor has two icons that swirl by.
    It looks like a shield with blood. It could be Thor as well, but my bet is on Gladiator Hulk.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    It's got to be different character because you have different  emblems for Thor hulk Loki strange it's gotta b another hero or villain I'm still voting it's a new Rags  Version