Some teams of heros might be in need of a nerf.

Options

Comments

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Classic! Lolol
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    MPQ is hard.
    Why was this flagged?
    Apparently mild sarcasm is "abuse" now. I had a slightly-snarky post flagged recently also.

As for the OP, good lord stop calling for everything to be nerfed. Everyone else is dealing with it, you can too.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    mexus said:
    MPQ is hard.
    Why was this flagged?
    Apparently mild sarcasm is "abuse" now. I had a slightly-snarky post flagged recently also.

As for the OP, good lord stop calling for everything to be nerfed. Everyone else is dealing with it, you can too.
    You mean everyone else is playing it, lol. 

I’m still without Gamora, so I can’t play the combo but I’m not asking for a nerf.  I’m always behind the meta. Once I get her Champed people will have moved on to a different combo.  I’ve been using X-23 a lot as a tank as she can absorb a lot of strike damage and heal up solo. Match a few strikes and Grocket is pretty useless as had been said. 
  • Eec411
    Eec411 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Black suit Spider-Man laughs at rocket and groot.  Chase him in classic tokens
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The team is efficient that's why it's so popular but it is very beatable.

Grocket doesn't need a nerf, he is useless after the strike tiles. Both abilities have high cost at not a good damage output .

Gamora is decent. Her damage numbers alone dont keep her in top tier and her stun is the only move of value. An AI has never gotten deadliest woman to proc on me and noone uses red at a 5 power level so her red is mediocre 

Medusa is medusa, she is great on the defense but if you suck it up and take a few rounds of damage she really doesn't have much other than if the AI keeps matching her CD tile and she has a low health pool.

Teams to consider to battle the infamous Grocket/Gamora/Medusa

Personally i like the following;

Thing/Cloak&Dagger/GhostRider

Thing works great believe it or not, gets those defense tiles on the board immediately and constantly. Negating damage
    Cloak and Dagger works excellent ( For me). Match 3 purple, switch to the heals and tank the damage
    Ghost Rider Penance stare will fill up fast with cloak and dagger feeding him black and Cloak and dagger will put down attack tiles buffing up his green.

Other Characters that can mess with this team
    Iceman : Stuns, stuns, stuns
    Vulture : Stay airborn
    Nova: Send medusa airborn
    Antman: Build blue fast and reap the rewards
    Medusa: Fight fire with fire.

So instead of complaining about a nerf, step up and find a team that wins.

Yes you will take damage, but the faster you clear the board of those strike tiles, the faster this team gets neutered.

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4Pool+4Marv+4RnG. I farmed ISO off 4RnG+GoG+whoever during anniversary. Easy win for less than 2 minutes a fight. Needs a health pack every 2 to 3 matches, but hey 2 minutes long match is always welcomed.
  • Liftoff
    Liftoff Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The only thing I see that is OP right now is PVP.  The number of wins required needs to be nerfed.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As EEC suggested, black suit spider man in the beginning and end of this issue.  Add Medusa, Ant, Electra, or 5tarlord and it's easy peasy because those strikes do nothing to you but you can steal them and turn them against the opponent.  Or match them early and let Medusa generate AP. 
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Do you have Medusa, Iceman, and Carnage champed? I don't have an issue taking that team out with those 3. 
    Yea I tried them still got wasted can't get enough turns before I get destroyed 
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As EEC suggested, black suit spider man in the beginning and end of this issue.  Add Medusa, Ant, Electra, or 5tarlord and it's easy peasy because those strikes do nothing to you but you can steal them and turn them against the opponent.  Or match them early and let Medusa generate AP. 
    Yeah, the solution to the most popular team in pvp sim is a character up another tier, with a chance to pull a single cover at 0.3%, with no cover swap system if you get dupes. Let me just save up CP for the next 4 years. Stellar problem solving. 

Not that I have anything against Gramora, I use it all the time because it's fast and easy.

Fact is they will likely never nerf groot or thanos, because matches against them drain health packs like crazy, which is a source of revenue. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jsh2014 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Do you have Medusa, Iceman, and Carnage champed? I don't have an issue taking that team out with those 3. 
    The best bet is to forget about Medusa healing and match every strike tile you can early. You'll limit the damage and then Carnage can get going dropping you attacks for your Medusa to heal your team. Focus on blue where you can early too, target their Medusa first and stun asap. Like I said, I don't have trouble with that combination with those 3. Medusa 4/5/4 (you want to steal their attacks your Carnage is dropping), Carnage 5/5/3, Iceman 5/5/3. Good luck, you'll get it!!!!
  • Jsh2014
    Options
    It's win-based progression now, so sorry, you don't get to whine anymore about certain teams being too hard. Losing doesn't affect your progression towards your goal right? Doesn't matter how much health packs you burn right, since all that matters is that you add another win to your total? 

Hit the skip button and find something easier.........oh what's that? Your MMR doesn't let you find anything easier? Tough cookie, enjoy your climb to 74 wins!
    OK Boywonder1914 i'll just do everything you say because my whiny self is just in capable of hitting buttons to move things to better match I know it's so upsetting that it's not all just about the big stick whales that can do no wrong!
    now in reality I've been playing this game for a very long time I don't complain about much I'm not with the daily whiners I didn't joy playing PVP and PVE but  when you go through a game and every match you look at it to same characters and you try to attack them with several different versions of the team and you get wiped out everything the time that's not me whining that's me trying different things that aren't working out and as  this is a forum to discuss issues in the game feelings and all that other junk that you're so disrespectful of anybody else's opinion it discussed me you were those people should not be on the site because you're going to attack anybody who doesn't agree with you so  this post was put up for  constructive  full dialogue and then there are people like you who make it very negative place who don't need to chime in if you don't like the subject so  on that note I bid ado 
  • corytutor
    Options
    Jean grey purple. Nuff said
  • Jsh2014
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    mexus said:
    MPQ is hard.
    Why was this flagged?

I didn't ask for everything to be nerfed I was asking about this 3some I keep running into thank you 
  • Jsh2014
    Options
    This is what tinykittys me off about being on this form you can't express your opinion with out  people accusing you of whiny thing to get something for nothing wanting something different the. every else wants I tell you have to people my  alliance are having the same problems I know people that have quit the game over these and other issues I'm bringing something I felt that I want to share like I respectfully say things to other people  maybe some of you should try to be respectful to other people as well because at this point is crossing I'm allowed to say if I want to Nerf if I don't want to Nerf if I like something I don't like something that's my right if you don't like it don't post a tiny kitty comment go back to moms basement and drink a Redbull playing with you  Real life doll
  • Jsh2014
    Options
    Liftoff said:
    The only thing I see that is OP right now is PVP.  The number of wins required needs to be nerfed.
    I agree they need to adjust the win amount 
  • Jsh2014
    Options

Milk Jugz said:
    Jsh2014 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    The best bet is to forget about Medusa healing and match every strike tile you can early. You'll limit the damage and then Carnage can get going dropping you attacks for your Medusa to heal your team. Focus on blue where you can early too, target their Medusa first and stun asap. Like I said, I don't have trouble with that combination with those 3. Medusa 4/5/4 (you want to steal their attacks your Carnage is dropping), Carnage 5/5/3, Iceman 5/5/3. Good luck, you'll get it!!!!
    Milk Jugz said:
    Jsh2014 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Thx
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Jsh2014

I'm trying, that team can definitely be frustrating. And, don't get me wrong I've wiped to them more than once. Just sharing a strategy that works more often than it doesn't.
  • corytutor
    Options
    Jean switch profx. Kill medusa first. Fire jean purple to clear board. Proceed to beat down  
  • corytutor
    Options
    Im40 cyclops. Get a few yellow.  Blast red blast blue. Bodies hit floors