How to get top 10 in pvp?

Options

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am not in the Line community, but I have to ask: from these threads it seems that the majority of Line users are piling in to the 4th timeslice. And people are posting super-high score reports in slice 4 that do not appear to be to that high of a degree across the other four timeslots.

What would you say is the split across the 5 slices by that segment of the community? (ignoring SCL selection)
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We are in all slices
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Meanwhile I've gotten top 10 in both events just by getting 40 wins and then shielding for the last 3 or 8 hours.  Wasn't aiming for it, but I'll take it.

Don't change slices, I want to keep mine full of low-point slackers. ;)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many posts from 5* players have said “I just want the CP.  Don’t need a champ level for a 4. (Aka top 5). CP advances my roster.”

So the devs moved CP from progression to placement, to create incentive to place.  While making all other rewards progression based, so that anyone could get them after grinding enough.

Are you surprised?  Really?

One does not just “get top 10” anymore (or very rarely).  It is working 1000% - 10000000% - as intended.  Make no mistake.  Be mad, but this is the system going forwards.  This is what the devs want.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
     It is working 1000% - 10000000% - as intended.  Make no mistake.  Be mad, but this is the system going forwards.  This is what the devs want.
    The devs want 5* players squatting on top of all brackets from SCL 5 (and even 4...) up to 8? You're sure that's what they want?

I am sure they have some idea of where they are going, and that we aren't there yet. Hopefully a well-implemented SCL 9 is indeed orthcoming, even bettwer some overall SCL tweaks after a season of this initial change, and hopefully not draconian restrictions on SCL selection.
    I dunno, but they left rewards pretty much the same in PVE for a long time, and people got mad because all the 5's took the 4* covers in lower SCLs.  Finally they added SCL9 after a year.  (Not that the rewards increase was that dramatic vs time requirements.)

SCL9 in PVP would be just another reward bracket.  I am hesitant to believe they want to just start giving out more rewards.  I do not expect the reward curve to arc dramatically up for PVP SCL9, either.  I would be happy to be wrong.

So maybe they do have a plan.  Or maybe they want the lesser rosters to feel stronger incentives to improve.  Time will tell.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
     It is working 1000% - 10000000% - as intended.  Make no mistake.  Be mad, but this is the system going forwards.  This is what the devs want.
    The devs want 5* players squatting on top of all brackets from SCL 5 (and even 4...) up to 8? You're sure that's what they want?

I am sure they have some idea of where they are going, and that we aren't there yet. Hopefully a well-implemented SCL 9 is indeed orthcoming, even bettwer some overall SCL tweaks after a season of this initial change, and hopefully not draconian restrictions on SCL selection.
    Maybe they are trying to get all the people spread across slice 4, driving the score up into the several thousands, to stop working together?  It is a thought. We are still hearing that plenty of other brackets in slices are having reasonable scores.  
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    One does not simply get top 10 in PvP.
    It’s actually that simple. Depending on the shard and bracket flip, it’s not that hard. Your roster is plenty good for it. 
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    mpqr7 said:

It's hard for the average person to get to 1200, but it's doable. But I think it's asking a lot for people to be expected to need to get to 1200 x 2 as a minimum without massive coordination, or even 1200 x 4 or more? Yeah, right.

I don't have a problem with people making high scores, but I think it's very silly that forcing the 15 cp into top 10 is somehow supposed to be an improvement and not seen as taking it away from those who were able to hit 1200.

The scores below top 10 are in the 800 to 1000 range, so after top 10, people just don't really care.

And yeah I assume the answers are basically "try a different shard or SCL other than s4, SCL 9." Which then gets me blamed for stealing top 10 from weaker rosters. So, sorry in advance for that.
    You don't.  And that's what those of us that are high-level PVP vets were trying to tell the forumites during this whole process. 

Before,  you'd slowly creep to 900 as your roster grew and if you could do 800 you were capable of 1200 pretty easily with just a small amount of help (which was easy to receive if you were so inclined).  And once you started hitting 1200, your roster grew exponentially.  

In this new system, if you haven't already transitioned to a big enough roster where you can already place in t10 consistently, you never will.  Because those above you will grow their rosters much quicker than you will and for every step closer you get to those currently in t10, they'll take 2-3 steps further away.  

But this is what many on this forum were pushing for.  Just look at all these threads saying thank you and great change.  If you were planning on quitting this game midway through your 4-star roster, this was a great change for you.  Otherwise, they've pretty much put in place a caste system and the only way out is to buy your way there.

And those currently in the 4-star meta are even further in trouble because they are gonna get pressured from below because the 3-star rosters will transition more quickly than they did, but the 5 star rosters are pulling away.
    You’re a vet? I don’t remember you from old days at all.

also, there’s more posts about a broken system over a good system. The only ones thanking are ones who don’t care about points. Spoiler alert.. not you.
    or
    people who already burned through 40 match’s and get way more points or wins than progression provides.

the real high level pvp vets still place along side with you without check rooms. Don’t insult the term vet with check room hand holders lol.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FokaiHI said:
    Quebbster said:
    It’s actually that simple. Depending on the shard and bracket flip, it’s not that hard. Your roster is plenty good for it. 

Oh, I can get top 10 when I want to (mostly). But Sean Bean still has a Point.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I think you mean, Eleven do not simply get top 10 in PVP. 
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options

also, there’s more posts about a broken system over a good system. The only ones thanking are ones who don’t care about points. Spoiler alert.. not you.
    or
    people who already burned through 40 match’s and get way more points or wins than progression provides.

the real high level pvp vets still place along side with you without check rooms. Don’t insult the term vet with check room hand holders lol.
    You obviously have a deep and rich understanding of this game and its players.  Let's take your well-though out paragraphs in order.

I'm on day 1235.  I'll let others draw their own conclusions from that. 

Clearly, you are adept at reading comprehension.  Rather than attempt to respond to this inane drivel, I'll just suggest you go back and reread the post you're responding to, because your takeaway in no way follows from anything I said.  

As a reminder, you rarely visit my shard, but when you did, let's just say it didn't end so well for you or those you tagged along with.  But don't worry, maybe people here won't know that, so you can continue to flex your virtual muscles.  Feel free to compare our rosters directly as it doesn't end so well for you--and certainly doesn't align with your vets or hand-holder conclusion (but at least you're consistent).  If you don't know where to find me to compare, check the t10 of whatever event leaderboard you'd like. 
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options

or

You obviously have a deep and rich understanding of this game and its players.  Let's take your well-though out paragraphs in order.

Clearly, you are adept at reading comprehension.  Rather than attempt to respond to this inane drivel, I'll just suggest you go back and reread the post you're responding to, because your takeaway in no way follows from anything I said.  

As a reminder, you rarely visit my shard, but when you did, let's just say it didn't end so well for you or those you tagged along with.  But don't worry, maybe people here won't know that, so you can continue to flex your virtual muscles.  Feel free to compare our rosters directly as it doesn't end so well for you--and certainly doesn't align with your vets or hand-holder conclusion (but at least you're consistent).  If you don't know where to find me to compare, check the t10 of whatever event leaderboard you'd like. 
    who are you, again?
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    edited October 2017
    Options

or

Didn’t end well for me? Lol you must be confused.

but either way you talk to much. And your threats have a sort of a stink to them lol.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    who are you, again?
    Exactly.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bwahahahaha. "Remember when you came to s4?"  

I remember. I remember a bunch left and those that stayed got slaughtered. I remember posting tons of screens of it too. 

But i dont remember you. You must have been with the escape party. 
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hmm, someone seems to like that Flag option for something other than its intended purpose.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Options
    meekersX said:
    Hmm, someone seems to like that Flag option for something other than its intended purpose.
    What? Lol
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pvp now is such a chore between the Gambit Sea, CP in placement and 40 Wins for a 4star cover. Sucked the fun out of it.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Options
    meekersX said:
    Down-vote surrogate.*

*  This Statement of the Obvious™ not intended as an endorsement of stupidity.