2.2.3 Patch Notes (10/20/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the patch notes for the 2.2.3 update!

New Masterpiece Booster Packs
We have updated the schedule to include new Rare+ and Mythic+ Masterpiece Boosters from the Kaladesh, Aether Revolt, and Amonkhet card sets! These will alternate rotating in and out just like the previous sets.

Changes to The Return of the God-Pharaoh
This has been a hot-button topic for quite some time in the community, and there was a lot of feedback we took into consideration. Many players felt that the 4 hour recharge rates offered a lot more opportunities to play, however at the expense of a more pressured schedule.

We still want to increase the number of chances players have to complete those challenging matches, but we also want to prevent players from potentially feeling burnt out. That's why we've decided to adjust not only the recharge rate, but the progression reward structure, and the Boss health.
  • Recharge Rate: 4 Hours -> 6 Hours
  • Boss Health: 3,750,000 -> 3,000,000
  • Personal Progression Rewards: 750 Ribbons -> 600 Ribbons

*Breakdown of Ribbon Distribution*

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for finding a middle ground we can all live with! 
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good job, guys.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I appreciate the new team's willingness to compromise on this and at least attempt to forestall the burnout.  Now all we need are those new events and cards....
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a positive step forward.
  • NiftyC
    NiftyC Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I feel like the community has been heard again. This is encouraging and appreciated :)
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It all depends on how people feel about it. Maybe people will be more willing to grind if we know that the grind is supposed to be a little less grueling
  • AdriA
    AdriA Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's nice to see those changes
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It all depends on how people feel about it. Maybe people will be more willing to grind if we know that the grind is supposed to be a little less grueling

Maybe the top 10%, but what about the other 90%? Will they now stop at the 600 progression? It will be interesting to see what happens with these changes. Regardless, the developers will get useful data they can use to help tweak things for the next time.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    babar3355 said:

I totally agree!  We appreciate the effort.

Now to be Debbie Downer.  Seems to me that if you reduce the number of battles by 50% and only reduce the boss health by 20% we might be in for another very long event, although with less stress to get games done.  I am fine with it, I just expect the event to last until Wednesday.

But at least the people who are clamoring for more opportunities to try to beat 3.x will have the extra games even though they will get them a little less frequently.

I think it's a good enough compromise for now.

Hopefully the new team will get rid of this style of event and will come up with something fresh and exciting instead for coalition PVE.
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    babar3355 said:

Now to be Debbie Downer.  Seems to me that if you reduce the number of battles by 50% and only reduce the boss health by 20% we might be in for another very long event, although with less stress to get games done.  I am fine with it, I just expect the event to last until Wednesday.

100% agree. Prepare for overlapping weekday and weekend events. At least I don't have to wake up to 4+ node charges if I don't want to

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The steps taken this week have made me very optimistic for the game’s future.   Well done @Brigby
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby were there any other back end updates included? I notice you listed the 2 (very welcome) things that we can see, but were there any bug fixes or stability improvements attempted this update?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    majincob said:
    Brigby were there any other back end updates included? I notice you listed the 2 (very welcome) things that we can see, but were there any bug fixes or stability improvements attempted this update?
    There weren't any bug fixes in this patch, and I'm not aware of the specifics regarding the back-end updates. My guess is that they're probably updates to prepare for Oktagon's first official build.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can only say one thing: Thank you very much for these very welcome changes!!!
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob said:
    babar3355 said:

But at least the people who are clamoring for more opportunities to try to beat 3.x will have the extra games even though they will get them a little less frequently.

Hopefully the new team will get rid of this style of event and will come up with something fresh and exciting instead for coalition PVE.

Number of potential attempts per node charge have decreased by 20%.

How would anyone have more opportunities to beat 3.x?

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good start! Would it be possible to move one of the events of the Monday to the weekend? Now there is nothing to play but RotPK, which is now improved, but it is the same 9 matches over and over again
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    majincob said:
    babar3355 said:

I believe he's referring to the fact that they went to 6-hour refreshes instead of reverting it back to the original 8 hours. In other words, it was a compromise.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    madwren said:
    Ohboy said:
    majincob said:
    babar3355 said:

I believe he's referring to the fact that they went to 6-hour refreshes instead of reverting it back to the original 8 hours. In other words, it was a compromise.

And I'm not saying there wasn't a compromise. I'm saying that the people he claims it benefits don't actually do so. And it's actually quite the opposite.

In fact he may have managed to pick the one category of players who definitely lost out in this change. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great patch!