Will you be buying more or less improved poll

Options
corytutor
corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
With the new pvp changes what are your plans.  

Will you be buying more or less improved poll 110 votes

I will buy more
3%
Daredevil217PollozzBohemondNotBAMF 4 votes
Yes i will keep buying at my current rate
28%
GuntherBlobelWonko33ColognoisseurSandmakerrixmithBryan LambertGrumpySmurf1002Blindman13aesthetocystrdvargas1SpudgutterWarbringareapermortTony_FootOrion[Deleted User]venyPants1000ChattyWhackerSim Mayor 31 votes
I will buy less
26%
dkffivYasuruStonyMoon RoachChrono_TataabmorazXenoberyllCapmarv86Grizz875snlf25Jsh2014alaethPinko_McFlyjackstar0Doc LbeyonderbubKevin61Piro_plockcorytutoramusingfoo1 29 votes
I will not buy at all
25%
dark juraiWilsonFiskfirethornekillercoolJonny1PunchwymtimeDartmaster01chris0001Tiggidamoogles85SquarefrachrStax the FoyerSteellatchPunisher5784PolarPopBearpheregasMeanderTalestummyammenell 28 votes
Im indifferent or dont buy
16%
Punter1acescrackedProfessorGumbymoss04Over__Flow[Deleted User]Punishu777BigBZ32Slothkinsmaguirenumber6Alfje17JaedenkaalJabrony_GeoffrobertbahSkadenFrudeeLifeofAgonyBeer40RayElwood 18 votes

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no reason to change currently.  If I were to stop, I find the not fixing the BH rate in Black Vortex far more offensive then any of the gameplay changes.  Really underhanded and questionable from a legal/ethical stand point.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I will buy less
    My initial reaction to the Versus change was to stop VIP, but I really need the heal rate now with having to grind more matches. Those will be my only purchases for the foreseeable future. I used to VIP and spend, at minimum, a Loonies every month. The Loonies are definitely gone......
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will buy more
    I have a question about the $2 purchases.  Will I get any notification when it is time to re-up or will I just one day realize the intercepts stopped and it is time to re-up?  I guess I could find my only receipt and see when I last purchased too, but want to make sure there's not an in-game notification that makes it easier.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I will keep buying my VIP monthly but I won't be making any additional purchases.  My roster now is to the level that I earn more HP than I spend and I have about 4-5 empty roster slots as is so I don't see myself making any additional purchases beyond VIP.  I used to buy HP sporadically in the past and a once a year Stark Salary but that was when I really needed HP in the 3-4* transition.  I don't foresee needing a lot of HP going forward.  I did spend several thousand HP on the Anniversary vaults but I still have 20,000 HP right now just sitting and that probably grows a couple of hundred each day.  I don't play PvP competitive so I don't need it for shields.  With vaulting gone, I don't need to buy from the heroes from hire store any longer.  I guess I will just keep it for roster slots and really awesome vaults.  Now I would buy iso if the price was reasonable but that dead horse has been beaten brutally before in the forums....for years now.  
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    I will buy more
    I have a question about the $2 purchases.  Will I get any notification when it is time to re-up or will I just one day realize the intercepts stopped and it is time to re-up?  I guess I could find my only receipt and see when I last purchased too, but want to make sure there's not an in-game notification that makes it easier.
    Wow, 2-buck chuck.

No, for the lordly sum of 2 dollars you get no concierge service. You'll have to keep your own records.

He, I bet you can set a reminder on hat there phone your playing games on.

Only VIPs get reminders. Coffee is for closers.

(To be fair-ish, only VIP purchases come with reminders. Starks? Nope. Only reminder there is when the HP runs out :P )

Does it make you feel better about yourself, putting others down?  I'm honestly curious if you are THAT insecure.  Anyway, thank you for the answer (though I could do without the snark). 
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    I will buy less
    OJSP said:
    Does it make you feel better about yourself, putting others down?  I'm honestly curious if you are THAT insecure.  Anyway, thank you for the answer (though I could do without the snark). 
    I simply saw that as an attempt at humour.. what's happening to people this last 24 hrs..?
    Especially with as many comments as aes has... They ALL are filled with humor and snark, no one is safe......
    Some people, apparently, need to drop whatever device they're accessing the forums through and hide in their safe space.......
  • Daredevil217
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I will buy more
    Lol, no safe spaces needed.  The insecurity bit was an honest question and I even thanked him for the part of his response I found genuinely helpful.

I will say though, I went to a prestigious boarding school with a bunch of VERY rich kids (I however was not, I attended on scholarship) so I saw a lot of what entitlement, and people thinking that because they had money they were better than others was all about.  It wasn't a good look.  I've seen a bit of that in the main thread discussing the change.  I don't remember specific posts or posters but the whole, I pay X amount so you need to cater to me, and generally putting down the F2P players as "less than" had a bit of that entitlement vibe to it.  Whatever makes people feel better about themselves I guess (and really, it is about them, because no one here knows me personally).
  • corytutor
    Options
    I will buy less
    I may have been one of those people and it wasnt my intention. Anything i may have said concerning spenders versus f2p was never meant as a slight to anyone. It was meant to be used as conversation concerning business practice and consumer base.  My apologies if it was interpreted otherwise. 

@aesthetocyst

So you believe if vets quit spending it would be insignificant?
  • corytutor
    Options
    I will buy less
    From my pov thats where the money comes from. 

I dont buy healthpacks for pve. 

I dont whales characters for pve. 1 cover will do. 

I never spend hp on boosts or shield in pve. 

I dont need 5* for pve if i choose, so no reason to buy chasing those for pve. 

So i would think, from my experience and others i talk with,  most of the money spent is new players for slots and packs,  vip purchases, and top end pvp players. 
  • corytutor
    Options
    I will buy less
    Oh and 2 buck chucks
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    I will buy less
    I agree with @corytutor. Anyone that has seen a buy club room knows where their revenue comes from. And all the people I see there are the same people I see at high level Versus. It's not a coincidence
  • corytutor
    Options
    I will buy less
    Those get insane. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    I will buy less
    Especially during a sale.... holy ****....
  • corytutor
    Options
    I will buy less
    5stark buys? No problem. Thats 10 grand. With a quickness
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I will buy less
    I will most certainly buy less this last anniversary I bought a stark like a dummy got nothing I needed  specially I bought iso instead of heroes because all I did for most of them was sell them it's unfortunate that this game is so inconsistent with its own draw rates The only thing I haven't sold is my 5*  Spidey that  I don't need I have played this game  from almost day one I have taken a breaks and I'm currently getting my third Dino  from daily but it's hard to stay in this game anymore I haven't got to play lately of quitting hoping they will fix  The many issues that still played this game. And for the grammar police I know I'm not putting periods in and I'm not making paragraph and I just don't give a **** so don't like it ignore me   But I am here and every battle in every way for my team that mainly sucks and is very little left in game but makes me excited to play please Please please fix the many many problems
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I started playing I spent about $200 total on Hero Coins for character slots. Now that I'm ahead on hero coins I only spend $10 on the VIP each month. I don't see that changing any time soon.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My answer is with the caveat that I only spend $2/month on the game.  Just enough to continue to get the intercept bonuses.

But the change annoys me enough that if I were spending more, it would have stopped with this new change to PvP.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I will buy less
    Suffering from Anniversary Sales hangover. Will wait until Xmas to binge spend again. Continuing with VIP, no longer need to buy Logan's Loonies ($20?) HP packs periodically since I no longer need to shield in PVP
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Im indifferent or dont buy
    I'm indifferent to the PVP changes. I'll not buy due to not liking the pay game structure.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will buy less
    I will keep with my VIP but I will refrain from any other buying (not a consistent purchaser, but random), till I see the game get more interesting to play - something I like is added, I’ll be more inclined to give money as thanks.