The unhealthiness of constant grinding

2»

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think many of the devs recent changes have been bad for quality of life for many players: 5 clears for full progression, adding a 5* node, and the new PvP wins shift.  However, I will say that there are two things which have actually helped me play less without giving up any real rewards compared to how I was playing at the start of this year.  SCL scaling in PvE and 4* Grocket.  Now I can basically breeze through PvE SCL 7 with 4* Grocket, 4* Star Lord and any other character (Medusa in non-essential nodes) and complete 6 clears in about an hour of play.  I used to play SCL 8 before the change and the small amount of progression rewards I gave up are way worth the time saved.  I also clear DDQ in about 15 minutes per day and now even have a little of time to dabble in PvP, although the recent change to wins just made that less profitable.  I guess what I am saying is that you do have a choice to decide how to play the game or to not play it.  I agree that many of the recent changes have gone against the "quality of life" argument but SCL scaling (for PvE at least) now gives you the choice of how much time you wish to put into the game.  If you are primarily only a PvP player, your only hope is that they lighten up the MMR in the new environment so that 40 wins becomes a lot easier than it currently is.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I've been trying out this system where I don't need to get every single reward offered, but do appreciate when I have some extra things to snag when I do have time.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Brigby: ... we feel that this just isn’t a healthy way to play the game, and it isn’t fair to players who don’t want to grind trivially easy missions for a significant amount of time.

This is the key sentence from that article. The devs didn't want us to grind trivially easy missions for significant amount of time. They did not say nor do they care if we play a significant amount of time playing matches that result in sales for the following: healthpacks, power boost, AP boosts, shields, HP, or ISO. That's why PvE max increased to 5 and PvP max is 40 wins.. $$$$$. They don't know you, but they know your bank account
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    elvy75 said:
    I believe that spending more than 2 hours on the mobile game is too much, and i am not understanding why developers thought it was a good idea to make entire playing population spend more time.

Yes but I'm sure that you like me and many others on here have plenty of other mobile games we also play. If we didn't play 2 hours on MPQ then we would play those hours on another game. My total playing time is about 3-4 hours a day over the various games so saying that MPQ is making you play more than 2 hours is a furphy.

elvy75 said:

So in order to get all progression rewards on a daily basis you have to

You know you don't have to anything....

fanghoul said:
    I've been trying out this system where I don't need to get every single reward offered, but do appreciate when I have some extra things to snag when I do have time.

Trying out... isn't that the default position so you don't lead to burn out?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,796 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd welcome progression being 4 clears again as a balance against the extra play time I require to get to 40 wins. An insane amount of game time, luckily my son at least does my ddq and trivial nodes.

I'd welcome them pulling the 10cp from 16 wins, it would help me ignore that tab completely :D
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Madsalad: it's not that hard to get:

When demi/de want to make changes that will result in less play, they trot out the line about wanting to save players from unhealthy grinding.

Whe, they want to make changes that will increase the amount of play, they trot out other spin about offering more rewards or making the game playable on any schedule.

As a general rule, don't believe either spin.  Demi/d3 now have quite a long track record of pushing marketing **** to explain changes that seem pretty $ driven.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby: ... we feel that this just isn’t a healthy way to play the game, and it isn’t fair to players who don’t want to grind trivially easy missions for a significant amount of time.

This is the key sentence from that article. The devs didn't want us to grind trivially easy missions for significant amount of time. They did not say nor do they care if we play a significant amount of time playing matches that result in sales for the following: healthpacks, power boost, AP boosts, shields, HP, or ISO. That's why PvE max increased to 5 and PvP max is 40 wins.. $$$$$. They don't know you, but they know your bank account
    it's always

"about the money"
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since pvp is win based now, maybe they should make pve progression win based too (lock the nodes after all rewards are cleared). Then instead of having points where player can grind endlessly, make it based on time. Rank can then be based on wins and tie breaker using time. I’m sure seconds is enough, if not use milliseconds. Top ranks has always favored faster clears anyway