The unhealthiness of constant grinding

madsalad
madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
Hey @Brigby

Remember this ?: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/62425/updates-to-story-mission-minimum-points-3-28-17#latest

"We’ve recently noticed some players have been repeatedly playing missions (upwards of 1,000 times!) in order to gain higher placements in Events. While this immense amount of dedication is certainly impressive, we feel that this just isn’t a healthy way to play the game, and it isn’t fair to players who don’t want to grind trivially easy missions for a significant amount of time."

So, the devs will adjust PVE to prevent unhealthy playing, but they will increase the average number of wins required in PVP? Though we've already establish this type of repetitive play is unhealthy?

How much time do the devs actually want us to put into this game?

The last time we had a PVP test, I failed to make 40-win progression, but I placed in the Top 5 no problem.  I just could not be bothered to grind out another 8 wins to get an extra 4* cover.

This new system is highly flawed and insulting.  Lower the number of wins and for God's sake, put the majority amount of CP rewards in PROGRESSION and/or greatly incrase the rewards in the progression tree.  I'm still not exactly sure how "# of wins" equals "Progression". 

I'm actually considering whether or not it would just be easier now to just completely forgo playing high-end PVP, joining early, shield hopping, etc... for placement, when I could just try to bracket snipe.  It would certainly save me a whole lot of time/energy/HP for shields. I could use some of that extra time to play PVE more efficiently and have time, HP and money left over for other things.

Comments

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    100 matches a day. 

If you play optimal pve, and pvp and do your full daily deadpool you now will play 100 or more matches not including side events like system reboot and shield training. 

They dont care if you play too much, they want that.  
  • madsalad
    edited October 2017
    corytutor said:
    100 matches a day. 

If you play optimal pve, and pvp and do your full daily deadpool you now will play 100 or more matches not including side events like system reboot and shield training. 

They dont care if you play too much, they want that.  
    So, average match time, including cut-scenes, time to skip and button press, accept rewards, etc... is 2-3 minutes across all instances?  So 2.5 to 4 hours a day?  That's a lot of time in the whiz palace!
  • corytutor
    3 minutes by 100 is 5 hours. Mpq just became a part time job
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    This I agree with. I believe it's a problem both in PVE and the new PVP setup in terms of sheer number of plays required to progress/keep up with new character releases and game development.

Yeah, you can pick and choose which parts of the game you participate in, but putting players in a position in which they are FORCED to pick and choose or give up significant portions of their day to a game every day is not a good setup imo. And again, too much picking and choosing leaves you falling behind game development and therefore ability to advance when you do have more time to play here and there.
  • madsalad
    This I agree with. I believe it's a problem both in PVE and the new PVP setup in terms of sheer number of plays required to progress/keep up with new character releases and game development.

Yeah, you can pick and choose which parts of the game you participate in, but putting players in a position in which they are FORCED to pick and choose or give up significant portions of their day to a game every day is not a good setup imo. And again, too much picking and choosing leaves you falling behind game development and therefore ability to advance when you do have more time to play here and there.
    I mean, honestly, it could all be solved with a truckload of money, which is exactly what the devs want.

I'm pretty sure I'm done spending any significant money on this game.  I *might* continue purchasing VIP. Maybe. But I don't think I want to participate in any further big purchases or buy clubs in the near future. 
  • corytutor
    Im out of buy clubs for sure. Vip i may get a few more times just to help grow the legendary and cp hoard but once its higher I'll likely drop that as well
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    madsalad said:

I mean, honestly, it could all be solved with a truckload of money, which is exactly what the devs want.

I'm pretty sure I'm done spending any significant money on this game.  I *might* continue purchasing VIP. Maybe. But I don't think I want to participate in any further big purchases or buy clubs in the near future. 
    See the Once Mighty Zynga and similar rollout paths to incentivize purchases to the point where it feels like you have to pay in to play at all. It backfires. I'm not sure they do actively want people to buy their way out of it, but I could be wrong. In which case, devs? See: Zynga.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Had to click the link to confirm the date... March 2017.  Almost 8 months ago and nothing has changed.  People still grind PvE nodes "1,000 times" - still not addressed

Hint: make the minimum zero for all nodes!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe this PVP change was a stealth nerf to tapping!

*tinfoil hat*

How can you grind PVE to dust when you have to grind PVP!?

*mind blown*
  • corytutor
    Denappa. 5 is lite. It used to be much worse. 7x grinds for example. 

Be happy with 5
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    Denappa. 5 is lite. It used to be much worse. 7x grinds for example. 

Be happy with 5
    True, but before they changed it to 5, it was on 4 for a while. They also threw in a few more rewards to 'compensate', but still. And while I only occasionally put in the grind to reach PVE progression when it was 4 each, with the current system I hardly ever go beyond the 'low CP reward' mark any more.
  • corytutor
    I remember doing 7x grinds for 3* covers. Stuff of nightmares. 
  • corytutor
    New is ok. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    I remember doing 7x grinds for 3* covers. Stuff of nightmares. 
    That wasn't the problem.
    Try being on CET with every freaking PVE ending at 6am your time.
  • corytutor
    Lolol i am!!!!