Known Issue: Black Vortex Bonus Heroes Odds Displayed Incorrectly *Updated (10/30/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

We have recently become aware that the Bonus Heroes Pack odds for the Black Vortex store are displayed incorrectly. As of right now, they are currently showing odds of ~1:6, ~1:5, and ~1:5. The correct odds should be ~1:20, ~1:12, and ~1:12.

Please keep in mind that this is only a display issue, and that the actual draw rate is functioning correctly. We apologize for any confusion players might have experienced.

Update: The compensation should be propagating out to affected players today. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    How do you keep tinykitting up this stuff?

You'd think those odds were taken from the same source that decided the actual odds so there couldn't be any display issue. Alternatively you'd think those odds were just copied and pasted from one token to the next.

How is this supposed to be a respectable organisation when this kind of tinykitty reeks of either incompetence or deliberate misinformation.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    It’s funny how when it’s actual wrong odds it’s fixed in hours. When it’s a display bug it’s not fixed or mentioned for days, then only and FYI not a fix...  Really shady. 
    Well they have to make up for losses from the wrong odds bugs :D
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    This is sad news. The bonus hero odds were a reason I got  Black Vortex 40 pack. I got 2 4* and 0 3* bonus heroes when I was hoping a few more than that. 
  • Grizz875
    Grizz875 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Wow, that's awful. Bought a 40 pack yesterday specifically due to increased bh odds. Proceeded to get 1 3* bh. Complete and total ****
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow.  So they know it's an issue but won't fix this. I bought it because of this BH rate. I bet the BBB (Better Buiness Bureau) would have a field day with the fraudulent sales practice the Demi/D3 is doing with this.  You can fix it but are not and not giving the customers the rates that are posted. How do you think this is right for you to do a hot fix to get this corrected.  You did with the Gambit vault.  You did with the $2 for 7CPs, well except for 1 person......, you did for the HE release vault when BH was set at a high percentage.  This one doesn't deem too important to fix.  
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    It’s funny how when it’s actual wrong odds it’s fixed in hours. When it’s a display bug it’s not fixed or mentioned for days, then only and FYI not a fix...  Really shady.

why funny, it actually does make sense.
    they don't want to give out covers for free because of an error. 
    if it's in d3s favor, why not take your time? it's not like they lose money. 

how do I NOT post in the quote, on mobile? I really tried... just can't get to the bottom
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    This has happened before. At least now there's acknowledgement that the stated BH odds are wrong.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    What stinks is I bought a black Vortex 40 pack based on the advertised odds. If I knew the actual odds I would have waited for something else to spend hero points on
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Haha, it never seems to end...how to kill a game 101
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    What stinks is I bought a black Vortex 40 pack based on the advertised odds. If I knew the actual odds I would have waited for something else to spend hero points on

Yup...same thing here
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do hope you're getting a nice bonus, Brigby.

That sort of stuff is what made the community managers before you leave.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    This is but just one reason that I never buy token packs.  Those who did buy packs should receive some compensation back.  A good start would be legendary tokens to make up the difference between the listed and actual bonus hero draw rate.  I did not buy any packs so I don't have a horse in this race but it just seems like the right thing to do from a business perspective.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Agree,  this should be fixed immediately.  And people should be getting refunds for buying these packs if they bought any.  This is similar to loot boxes in other games, and some countries are forcing game companies to display the odds.  Showing inflated odds might warrant a fine in some countries, i'm not sure as i'm not a lawyer.
  • chrisH
    chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Brigby I spent real money to buy hero points to buy a 40 pack based on advertised odds. I got junk and thought it may just be my luck. Will customer service be refunding HP spent on an item for false advertising? I would even be OK with another 40 pack that complies with the advertised odds. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Wow.  So they know it's an issue but won't fix this. I bought it because of this BH rate. I bet the BBB (Better Buiness Bureau) would have a field day with the fraudulent sales practice the Demi/D3 is doing with this.  You can fix it but are not and not giving the customers the rates that are posted. How do you think this is right for you to do a hot fix to get this corrected.  You did with the Gambit vault.  You did with the $2 for 7CPs, well except for 1 person......, you did for the HE release vault when BH was set at a high percentage.  This one doesn't deem too important to fix.  
    Why don't we ask them and find out?
    https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/internet-gaming/d3-go-demiurge-studios-in-los-angeles-ca-420480
    Anyone who bought HP with IRL money talk to CS first, if they refuse a refund submit a claim.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    Why don't we ask them and find out?
    https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/internet-gaming/d3-go-demiurge-studios-in-los-angeles-ca-420480
    Anyone who bought HP with IRL money talk to CS first, if they refuse a refund submit a claim.
    Thats the best thing ive seen all week on the forum!
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Seems a reimbursement would be in order for the customers that bought.  I mean what about the people that don't have access to forums to read this post.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    So like, did you guys notice how fast people pounce on tokens when the odds are bugged but displaying correctly and decide to use it as a sales tactic?