5* Land: Problems & Solutions

2»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    @D4Ni13 here is the thing with PVP for 5* players.  When thecdevs changes MMR so your strongest team stayed out 5* players only see 5* teams.  When you see some 3* or low level 4* we only see 2 championed 5*.  Now with the meta of PVP this means massive amounts of Panther Thanos teams and it means you will take a lot of damage. Now the advantage 5* players had is it was very easy to find a 75 point match so each match was worth the points.  
    The easiest way to fix the 5* players game play in a win based system would be to open up MMR so 5* players could see lower level players.  The dev team will not do this because they don’t want 5* teams leaving out cupcakes to allow players to climb exceptionally high.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I’m not sure exactly how much cp I earn a month, but I do know I hit 1200 every event. Not to have that just sucks. Having to play 40 matches for a 4* cover would suck. Not to mention that placement in pvp isn’t as hard at the moment due to the fact that a lot of players stop at 1200. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the info.  I'm surprised there's much difference between a 435 and 450, but what you said about defense teams makes sense.  Guess I won't worry too much about champing a 2nd 5.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 4 champ 5s. Phoenix, Thanos, Parker, and Ock. I missed Panther, didn't get lucky I guess he's my least covered at 2/2/0. I see dual champ 5 teams right after seeds, mostly Panthos- which is guaranteed 2 health packs, if not 3. Sometimes I'll see one champ 5 with a boosted 4. But that boosted 4 is 450-479. My best 4 is AC and boosts to about 420, my next 6 best boost to 400. The problem in 5* land is lack of diversity, once more people cover him Gambit will be everywhere with Black Bolt, that is where the meta is going and it truly scares me. Gambit is very OP and can single handedly down an entire team, I've had it happen. I've actually not downed a 5* Gambit yet before he has decimated me. Haven't beat a team with him in it yet, luckily he is still rare and I can skip him for now. I've called for 2 or 3 5* to be in the weekly boost list since there were 15 of them. I think that would help with the lack of diversity in teams. The biggest problem in 5* MMR is lack of diversity and the constant stream of fighting the same health pack sucking teams. And now to HAVE to fight them 40 times for just a 4* cover and no guarantee of cp, absolutely ridiculous.....
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Latest LTs or those special stores that we've seen lately are much better options, but they still require an average of 6500CP / 260 LTs or their equivalent to get a character from 0 to 13 covers.
    Are you sure about those numbers? Have you factored in customer support swapping covers? Only reason I question it is because it took me 4025cp to get 14 covers of hawkeye from Bags of tricks (odds were 10%) and roughly the same in cosmic store to get 13 covers of thanos (though 2 dropped from bonus hero). 

Back to the discussion, I have been limiting myself to 9xx in pvp for close to a year now. Very rarely do I even bother to try for 1200 for the cp. a year before that, I did hit 1200 almost every event. Do I feel the lost of cp? Not really, sure I’m earning less but cp from other sources are still rolling in. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Pongie said:
    Latest LTs or those special stores that we've seen lately are much better options, but they still require an average of 6500CP / 260 LTs or their equivalent to get a character from 0 to 13 covers.
    Are you sure about those numbers? Have you factored in customer support swapping covers? Only reason I question it is because it took me 4025cp to get 14 covers of hawkeye from Bags of tricks (odds were 10%) and roughly the same in cosmic store to get 13 covers of thanos (though 2 dropped from bonus hero). 

I've stated in previous posts that these numbers don't take dupes or Bonus Heroes into account. Didn't want to keep repeating myself.

From a 10% store with only one 5*, using those qualifiers, it would take 3500CP to get 14 covers of that 5*. So you fell on the other side of the average.

Whereas, using my own example: I cashed in 102 tokens in the Cosmic store. Let's convert that to 2550CP. Using all the average calculations, and again ceteris paribus, I should have gotten 15.3 5*. In the event, I got 5 Surfer covers, 8 Thanos covers (one of which was BH), and 3 Starlord covers, for a total of 16 covers. So while I was more or less around the average in terms of seeing that purple token, my odds between those three 5* were 8:5:3, instead of a 6:5:5. This simply means that, for this sample size, my odds of getting Starlord were similar to your odds of getting Hawkeye from your sample size. Whereas Thanos fell on the opposite side.