bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
Really — what’s the deal? 

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    I think they know as much as we know.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I just noticed that, when you tap on the (i)nfo icon it says only Standard sets are legal.

Knowing the game as I do, tho, I don't expect this necessarily means that the information given here and the sets actually legal in the event will be the same.
  • bk1234
    Well it just sucks. 

They made a decision — else spent 2 days changing our teams to deal with everyone who wanted to quit over that decision and now what? 

I’m so sick of begging people not to quit the game over repeated misinformation and miscommunication. 
  • shteev
    bken1234 said:

They made a decision — else spent 2 days changing our teams to deal with everyone who wanted to quit over that decision and now what?
    You work too hard for this game. I hope everyone appreciates it :)
  • shteev
    I just tried to build a deck for it.... It's Standard.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Lol!  Either @Brigby saved us or they messed up in a good way. If it was Brigby he has my sincere thanks!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, now I feel a bit silly about my PSA. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the lack of info, as we were only able to make the change last minute, prior to end of day.

Yes. We have decided not to remove the card set restrictions for Hour of Revelation. We do still plan on incorporating more events with no card restrictions, but based on the player feedback, we'd like to take more time to determine which event would be a more appropriate avenue for that change.

To that effect, if any of you have suggestions as to what a good event would be to not have card restrictions, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Ideally, this event would have elements that appealed to both newer players and veterans alike. Thank you!
  • madwren
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the lack of info, as we were only able to make the change last minute, prior to end of day.

Yes. We have decided not to remove the card set restrictions for Hour of Revelation. We do still plan on incorporating more events with no card restrictions, but based on the player feedback, we'd like to take more time to determine which event would be a more appropriate avenue for that change.

To that effect, if any of you have suggestions as to what a good event would be to not have card restrictions, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Ideally, this event would have elements that appealed to both newer players and veterans alike. Thank you!

Thank you!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Edit : somehow  I missed Brigby's comment when I first went through this thread. 
  • shteev
    Hey, cheers, @Brigby!

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    I, for one, would love to see an option allowing players to choose whether they would like to compete in Standard or Legacy for the Training Grounds event. It would be incredibly helpful from a strategizing and deckbuilding standpoint. As things stand, it's often a complete coin flip going into Training Grounds with a deck I'm thinking about trying out in a competitive Standard event.
  • bk1234
    Brigby said:

Brigby -- to you and Oktagon, many thanks for taking our feedback into consideration. 
  • madwren
    bken1234 said:
    Matthew said:
    I, for one, would love to see an option allowing players to choose whether they would like to compete in Standard or Legacy for the Training Grounds event. It would be incredibly helpful from a strategizing and deckbuilding standpoint. As things stand, it's often a complete coin flip going into Training Grounds with a deck I'm thinking about trying out in a competitive Standard event.
    In addition the ability to play TG Enraged would be an excellent feature. 

Great idea. Could even have a set of options you could check off/on, to allow players to practice for TOTP as well. Supercharged, Legendary, Enraged. 

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Here's my two cents:

The main issue as I see it is event fatigue.  The current model has the same few events on a regular predictable cycle.  This can only go on so long before people get tired of them.

The easiest solution I see to this issue is to tap into the longer and growing library of classic events.  Instead of one legacy event peppered among the regular rotation, cycle through the library.  Maybe keep the current stardard-format set event (Is there just the one HOR event for HOU?) weekly, but rotate the rest.  Tap back into OGW and the other older PvE, all the SOI/EM/KLD/AER and oddly unused AMK events.

More complicated, I would like to see the new developers reintroduce the idea of special one-offs that Hib had for a time.  The Valentines day event, the Holloween event, I think there was even a Christmas one.

Basically, to maintain player base interest I think there needs to be a bit more variety than we currently have in the event rotation.  Things to look forward to.  I do appreciate that a lot of this issue is exacerbated currently by the necessary dev team change and all.

But rather than getting distracted by some details, why not focus more on the underlying issue causing restlessness: people may be feeling the events we've experienced for unbroken weeks have gotten stale.

(While I agree that HOR specifically should be standard, I admit to some minor feeling of disappointment at seeing it unchanged simply due to the fatigue of the same event issue)
  • bk1234
    Ohboy said:
    @Brigby

A new nop style event with randomised objectives. 
    Ohhhh -- like changing every round? That would be an interesting challenge. Having to manipulate each PW to do many things. I like it. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    Ohboy said:
    @Brigby

A new nop style event with randomised objectives. 
    Ohhhh -- like changing every round? That would be an interesting challenge. Having to manipulate each PW to do many things. I like it. 

Yup. Only problem I can think of is they forget to blacklist some combinations like 

Cast 3 spells or more
    Cast 1 spell or less 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby
    Many thanks for listening to and addressing our concerns so quickly. 
    I feel like this is a positive reflection on Oktagon and gives me hope that maybe they can bring positive change to the game.