MPQ at Marvel.com: Nightcrawler (10/17/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,
Grab your swords, and BAMF onto the MPQ scene with this iconic, blue, swashbucklin' X-Men.

Check out 4-Star Nightcrawler (Classic)

Comments

• zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At last!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His abilities sound very interesting. Can't wait to see his Red in action.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS -- Return of SHIELD training!

>:)

13 covers and 350k iso will earn you 10k and 1 LT
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ahhh was kinda hoping for another boss event. Oh well.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    And will we need a nearly max level Rogue to get Nightcrawler?  A lot of my alliance mates missed out on Rogue as they did not have a high enough level Professor X or Cyclops to qualify for the last rounds.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seems pretty straightforward. Destroying enemy AP seems to be a go to move for new character designs. Random tile change move and a couple AP based direct damage moves.

I wonder how he matches up AOE attacks that also stun. He would still get hit by 5* Court Death, or 4* Jean passive then? Sandman's green would stun him and do damage if he's in front?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Of the remaining 4-Star X-Men not used in the previous SHIELD Training, I have Jean, X-23, and Cyclops championed, and Iceman at 5/5/1.

So I'm assuming it will either not use X-Men, or use quasi-X-person-but-not-really Deadpool (3/0/4) just to lock me out of the Kurt cover.  Or use Prof X again, who couldn't get me Rogue.  ...  Or use Rogue as the ultimate slap in the face.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got to wonder how that third power compares to Power with Purpose. Higher cost, hopefully higher damage ratio. Also hopefully, designating strongest color won’t be so detrimental compared to biggest pool to make it bad.
    Now Kitty Pryde please and thank you.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    NC sounds cool, I hope his powers work as well as stated on paper. 
    Too bad he will lose two of his active powers if teaming with Gambit (purple, red). 
    He should play well enough with Rogue though, I think...
    Avoiding team damage is clever, he should do small damage when landing from airborne though.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Ezrius said:
     Or use Rogue as the ultimate slap in the face.
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the sneak peek just got updated. Rogue is one of the required characters...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    "Josh Austin: Actually Nightcrawler is really great with Cloak and Dagger and generating Black and Purple AP."

C&D can generate black and yellow...

But another toon to use with 005 Gambit!

• Zelmourn
    Zelmourn Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    From the article:
    His second ability is called En Garde! and it costs 9 Red AP. Time for the dual sabers and his superhuman agility! For this ability, Nightcrawler deals damage and if the player has enough AP in their strongest color based on the abilities level, then this power deals almost even more damage.
    How much is "almost even more damage"??  
    Haha i saw that and re read it to see if i just miss read it or something, glad I'm not the only one who noticed
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby can you ask if Shield Training will be essentially the same as Rouge's or if they did any tweaks to it?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

QUOTE: "Josh Austin: Actually Nightcrawler is really great with Cloak and Dagger and generating Black and Purple AP. Overall though yes, when putting a team together having characters that create specific color tiles works well with Nightcrawler as he generates more tiles in the color most dominant on the board."

Whoaaaa Cloak and Dagger generate Purple?! I thought it was Yellow :D

I can't wait to play Nightcrawler with my 0/0/5 3* Gambit!

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    "Josh Austin: Actually Nightcrawler is really great with Cloak and Dagger and generating Black and Purple AP."

C&D can generate black and yellow...

But another toon to use with 005 Gambit!

I'm pretty sure that Josh Austin has never actually played MPQ, or is completely colorblind. Because this is like the 14th time he's suggested a character to go with another because they generate this or that color, when they don't.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is his blue not just a more expensive version of Mordo's purple? Am I missing something there?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ezrius said:
    Of the remaining 4-Star X-Men not used in the previous SHIELD Training, I have Jean, X-23, and Cyclops championed, and Iceman at 5/5/1.

So I'm assuming it will either not use X-Men, or use quasi-X-person-but-not-really Deadpool (3/0/4) just to lock me out of the Kurt cover.  Or use Prof X again, who couldn't get me Rogue.  ...  Or use Rogue as the ultimate slap in the face.

Well, based off of this thread, 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67946/mpq-sneak-peek-october-2017-edition-updated-10-17-17/p1

Brigby said:
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Nightcrawler (10/19/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    4-Star: Nightcrawler, Rogue, Invisible Woman, Elektra (Unkillable)

I would expect that Rogue is indeed needed.

It sucks. Rogue isn't in LTs yet, she's been featured exactly once, there is no way to get her to 13 covers outside of paying a large amount of real money if you didn't hoard a bunch of CP (and that's only if you got all 3 of her colors.)

I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but I still am.

edit: just saw brigby's post above mine. Perhaps they will lower the requirements a bit for the required cover.