welcome to 005 Gambit world.

2»

Comments

• huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    I'm just waiting to see the first super whale with 0/0/5, 5/0/5, and 0/5/5 5* Gambits to go along with their 550.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I'm just waiting to see the first super whale with 0/0/5, 5/0/5, and 0/5/5 5* Gambits to go along with their 550.

Sounds like a permanent 3* BH

0/5/5 sounds like Jean Grey's best friend

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, when Bl4de was boosted I ran him, Phoenix and 005 in the PVE. Soooo much red everywhere.Love the idea of keeping a 005 in addition to the champed 3*.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure he will be nerfed so that an 0/0/5 build still locks down active red and purple powers as long as coding allows it.  Making a duplicate for PvE at 0/0/5 as a goon-like feeder will be one of the most effective strategies to feed boosted red and purple AP users.  Even unboosted, 4* Star Lord is a beast with him punching people every other round and putting out countdown tiles every third turn or so. 4* Elektra could be nasty too.  Throw out tiles and convert them every other round or so to go along with her red attack every round. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Warbringa said:
    Pretty sure he will be nerfed so that an 0/0/5 build still locks down active red and purple powers as long as coding allows it.  Making a duplicate for PvE at 0/0/5 as a goon-like feeder will be one of the most effective strategies to feed boosted red and purple AP users.  Even unboosted, 4* Star Lord is a beast with him punching people every other round and putting out countdown tiles every third turn or so. 4* Elektra could be nasty too.  Throw out tiles and convert them every other round or so to go along with her red attack every round. 

Meh--PVE speed would not be a reason to nerf him. Thanos and/or Gamrocket are still much faster. He just creates more options for people and fun teams to try if you're not playing PVE competitively.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was thinking about this today and thought it would be interesting to have him with Switch and Rhulk. Full Hammer & Anvil every couple of turns could be fun, especially with a boosted Rhulk.
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I left him with just black for his pvp. 0/0/4 for me. I ran Phoenix and BSSM (to counter grocket). Climb went quick and smooth. After his pvp I'll apply the rest of his covers and then probably forget about it until next time he's in pvp. At that point I'll probably curse the fact he's locking out 5* Gambit.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that so much attention has been drawn to this, how long do we figure before his black is nerfed from:

"Allies may not fire powers in the same color as Gambit's active powers"

to

"Gambit's allies may not fire Red or Purple powers"

?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Now that so much attention has been drawn to this, how long do we figure before his black is nerfed from:

to

?

Well it's similar to IM40.. no one is using his yellow to fuel his red/blue or even SW, no one is using her purple.

The devs should have known this would happen.. unless of course they expected us to do it for increased roster slots sales and of course healthpacks
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Jarvind said:

to

?

Well it's similar to IM40.. no one is using his yellow to fuel his red/blue or even SW, no one is using her purple.

The devs should have known this would happen.. unless of course they expected us to do it for increased roster slots sales and of course healthpacks
    That's a little different, though. With IM40 you have to collect 6 yellow to start the madness - I've def brought him to matches and never managed to fire Recharge. With Switch, you have to protect countdowns for several turns. With Gambit, it's guaranteed to crank out 6 AP/turn as long as he doesn't somehow die on the first turn.