welcome to 005 Gambit world.

CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
I need to say that I don't feel Gambit is good in the beginning. But I find 0/0/5 3* Gambit is awesome. I use Phoenix with 0/0/4 Gambit to clean 5 star PVE node ( Deadpool vs. MPQ). My alliance member say Thanos could keep fire purple power with 0/0/5 Gambit. Does anyone find some  good teams to go with 0/0/5 Gambit???

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Blade and Gambit were fun together.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Seems 3* Gambit's best build is 0/0/5. I regret adding purple and red covers to mine. The red and purple don't feel very strong at all and just criple other red and purple users. Maybe I would feel a little different if 4* Blade was powered up this week.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Seems 3* Gambit's best build is 0/0/5. I regret adding purple and red covers to mine. The red and purple don't feel very strong at all and just criple other red and purple users. Maybe I would feel a little different if 4* Blade was powered up this week.
    A 0/0/5 Gambit is very weak health wise and it is not worth in the long run. Red seems weak on his own, but try firing it when you have a bunch of strike tiles on the board, and see what happens. The only good use for a 0/0/5 is in PvE. But expect to be a huge target in PvP. 
  • In his PvP the purple countdown do 3.5k each which is quite nice. He pairs quite well with some of the boosted 4* this week so, no I do not feel like 005 is his best build(pairs well countdown wise with coulson . With groot he pairs well because he spams red for damage and cascades with strike tiles)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I want to try him with Carol and blade when he is champed, not really sure how a 005 build helps me more in pve. 
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe I'll feel different about him when he gets to level 266 but mine is only level 127 and 3/3/4. Powered up in his pvp he is level 248 and has 12852 health. I'm no less a target than someone running the loaner Gambit with 7600 health. The extra 5k health over the loaner is worth maybe 1 or 2 more turns at best but would still likely get knocked out in one shot by most of this weeks powered up characters.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Maybe I'll feel different about him when he gets to level 266 but mine is only level 127 and 3/3/4. Powered up in his pvp he is level 248 and has 12852 health. I'm no less a target than someone running the loaner Gambit with 7600 health. The extra 5k health over the loaner is worth maybe 1 or 2 more turns at best but would still likely get knocked out in one shot by most of this weeks powered up characters.
    That was not the point I tried to make. Paired with boosted Grocket, he deals the same amount you deal as match damage, when you cast his red. So if you make 3k damage when tile matching (because of the strike tiles), casting red would deal 3k + charge tile damage or basic tile destroyed damage. His purple can overwrite enemy Groket's strike tiles. So his abilities are great for what they are made to do. 

Is it worth to use a 0/0/5 Gambit just to pair him with Riri or Mockingbird ? If you play in 4* land, I would say no. You are an easy target on defense and you don't win that much damage on offense either. And while there are better red abilities out there, I don't know if there are enough good purple abilities to matter that 0 in purple. 

I don't know.. for me is not worth using a crippled Gambit just to feed others. The point of making a team in PvP is to have the strongest team you can muster, or the most strategic one. I can see using 3* Gambit in matches that his utility would be good, but not trying to force every team in using him just for the sake of his usage. 

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    005 Gambit is a ruse.
    I understand the way it appeals to people, but it's objectively a bad idea.

Anyway, go ahead and run 005 Gambit. Or don't. I'm not your dad. Just do whatever makes you happy.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I EAT 0/0/5 GAMBITS FOR LUNCH
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    0/0/5 Gambit is for PVE. Why does everyone in this thread assume it's for PVP?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    005 Gambit/Spider-Gwen/5* Spidey.  Enemy team perma stunned,  web tiles and crits everywhere
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    gmp72 said:
    Champion your Gambit. 
    Then use the next 5 black covers to build a 0/0/5 dupiclate version.
    Then continue adding champion level covers to your first Gambit.

This is exactly what I'm doing. A 005 Gambit to dork around with will be a lot of fun when folks like Phoenix, Blade, Natasha, Jessica Drew, XFDP, SL, Bucky, Elektra, Miles, Mockingbird, Drax and Spider-Gwen are boosted. And I have no problem using this team in PVP. It's a lot of fun taking down lvl 500 5*'s with a troll team from 200 when they're at 1000. Granted I will switch him out at some point but this will add a great deal of variety to the game and a lot of those toons I currently don't get to use much. I mean Miles/Gwen can pretty much stun-lock the other team with 005 Gambit after a couple turns.
  • madsalad
    Daiches said:
    0/0/5 Gambit is for PVE. Why does everyone in this thread assume it's for PVP?
    Sorry, the only reason I assumed it is because I've seen at least 5 people in the S1 Gambit PVP try to pull off this ****. 005 Gambit, Mean Jean and Grocket. Great fast climbing team but you better hope you do it before anyone sees you because you are going to get tripled by a lot of dudes if you are worth a lot of points with a team floating around like that.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    005 Gambit will be awesome for grills
  • madsalad
    Honestly, I won't lie. Him combined with Jean and boosted Grocket does take some health off. You might trap a few people thinking that's a grill.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    madsalad said:
    Honestly, I won't lie. Him combined with Jean and boosted Grocket does take some health off. You might trap a few people thinking that's a grill.

After turn two with Miles/Gwen, you have enough ap to stun the entire team.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Gambit + 2* Magneto + boosted Silver Surfer was loads of fun in the recent Guardians of the Galaxy PvE.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    4* Blade and Gambit were fun together.
    Yeah, before i met 0/0/5 Gambit with Gwen #Stunfinity

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reminds me of the original IM40 when everyone had 5/5/2 before his rebalance