It's raining events, hallelujah.

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
edited October 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Just now we can join, I have done already, three new events starting today at three different hours, one in 1 hour, other in 3 hours and the last in 5 hours.

The different starting hours is something good for me. Will see how it goes.

The RoGP is already running with 27% of boss HP.

I prefer and slower rhythm. 

Hoping the duration is less than usual. 

Comments

• Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    More events is always a good thing!

You don't need to play all of them. 

I personally only play coalition and a couple of TG. For me we could have double of what we have today and it would be a good thing. I would prefer they were shorter, with 3 nodes of 5 charges all beginning full charged and last 24 hs that I could play whenever I want without being hooked to something...

Players that need to evolve need more events to get better and older players don't need to play them...

Edit: but probably this much of events is just a mistake they made
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dropspot said:
    More events is always a good thing!

You don't need to play all of them. 

I personally only play coalition and a couple of TG. For me we could have double of what we have today and it would be a good thing. I would prefer they were shorter, with 3 nodes of 5 charges all beginning full charged and last 24 hs that I could play whenever I want without being hooked to something...

Players that need to evolve need more events to get better and older players don't need to play them...

Edit: but probably this much of events is just a mistake they made
    Totally agree! Having a bunch of shorter events to choose from allows players to play competitively in the events they choose. Those of us with a lot of time on our hands can join multiple events, others may join only one. I personally think the game is too draining at this point, but I don´t see any value in playing in an event unless I can do so competitively. Shorter events would take some time pressure off, but still have the game pose some challenge and interest.
  • tfg76
    Options
    @shteev How so? Do you mean "non-leaderboard" events?
  • tfg76
    Options
    My assumption is that "casual" means you don´t play for the leaderboard, only progression.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scores for coalition events are kept for your coalition, and go towards an all-time coalition leaderboard. As a player, choosing not to play in a coalition event has a long lasting effect on your coalition's score.

Scores from a non-coalition event are kept only as long as the event lasts, and then discarded.
  • shteev
    Options
    Here's a crazy thought... what happens if the number of coalition events per week is cut from 2 to 1? How would that make everyone feel?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    Here's a crazy thought... what happens if the number of coalition events per week is cut from 2 to 1? How would that make everyone feel?

Well I remember the last time they cut coalition events from 3 to 2 and some people screamed bloody murder.

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    shteev said:

Well I remember the last time they cut coalition events from 3 to 2 and some people screamed bloody murder.

What was the third coalition event? Granted, I've only been organizing a competitive mega-coalition for a year... I may have missed something. 
  • shteev
    Options
    [Citation, as bloody usual, needed].

Maybe you're right. May be it's true. But don't always expect the other side of the fence to do your research for you, it get's tiresome.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Used to be nop + expansion pvp event + expansion pve event. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Oh. I thought NOP was the expansion PVP for SOI? That would've been right around the time I got serious about things. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    shteev said:

Maybe you're right. May be it's true. But don't always expect the other side of the fence to do your research for you, it get's tiresome.

I kinda expected your memory to work. As I always do. Because I respect you enough to assume you can remember. Furthermore I always assume you're mature enough not to play childish games like pretending to forget major shifts in the game structure during a period you were most active and vocal. 

I'm not making an extraordinary claim. I'm claiming that people complained when they reduced rewards. You really felt you needed challenge that? 

• Ohboy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Oh. I thought NOP was the expansion PVP for SOI? That would've been right around the time I got serious about things. 
    Nop was the first pvp event. It was closely followed by the release of the first expansion event, terrors in the shadows. 

Acacyn madness was the first pve event, and the first time we had 3 events per week. 

All events were coalition events. 

• shteev
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    shteev said:

I kinda expected your memory to work. As I always do. Because I respect you enough to assume you can remember. Furthermore I always assume you're mature enough not to play childish games like pretending to forget major shifts in the game structure during a period you were most active and vocal. 

I'm not making an extraordinary claim. I'm claiming that people complained when they reduced rewards. You really felt you needed challenge that?
    Ok, I'm out. I call troll. Y'all have fun with the rest of this thread.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

You know all of this has a pretty simple explanation. 

When people are having a great time, expanding their collections and enjoying new content, we want more of the good stuff.

When we grind a redundant PvE event for 2 months straight with rewards that at this point in time have 0 value (jewels) and play the same PvP event with the SAME objectives on the SAME color wheel with the chance of getting a non-dupe rare and some more worthless jewels, people want less of this bad stuff.

Edit: I would love an explanation for why we stopped rotating objectives across colors and just made the game a static wasteland. 

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm with Babar. Remember that brief period of time when objectives and node colors used to change? 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Yes, we complained about there not being white  zombies or something.