2»

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    People talking about some 5* Thor here,
    where did they announce him?
    His movie comes out soon, major character in the MCU (like Iron Man, Cap, Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye), fits the 5* release scheme, we're getting 5* Thor for sure.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sad that they're probably going to do movie thor instead of King Thor. Who is the thor that really deserves the 5* treatment
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit said:
    I'm sad that they're probably going to do movie thor instead of King Thor. Who is the thor that really deserves the 5* treatment

I don't Think King Thor is anywhere Close to the Power level of Netflix Daredevil, 90's Gambit or Pyjamas Doc Ock...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Spoit said:

I don't Think King Thor is anywhere Close to the Power level of Netflix Daredevil, 90's Gambit or Pyjamas Doc Ock...
    Still beating that dead "5* characters should all be Omega-level" horse, eh?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Spoit said:

Still beating that dead "5* characters should all be Omega-level" horse, eh?
    I may not have been entirely serious. I was mostly trying to put a spin on the "King Thor deserves to be a fivestar" statement.
    It should be noted though that we have no fourstar Odinson, so there's room for at least one more variant.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* Spidey I started fun, but a little complicated to get the best out of him.  His red is amazing, especially when paired with another five star that covers at least two of Spidey’s weak colors.  Critical generation at 5* match damage is massive.  Green is good, but more expensive.

so here’s the thing: Spidey’s skills all work together, and his red is best (especially at 1/3 less AP, meaning you can use it far more often).  This makes Gambit a terrible partner for him.  With Gambit on the team, Spidey’s red is wasted and he has only his somewhat slow green and his web-tile/stun active to bring to the table.   We don’t have stats for 5* Thor yet, but if he is more like 2* or 3* Thor, he’ll probably have three separate attack skills, so losing red (and he’ll definitely have a red skill) when paired with Gambit may not hurt as much.  Unless that red is his amazing skill paired with two participation trophy skills, or his internal synergy needs red to get things going, I suspect Thor will be the pick with Gambit.

On the other hand, Spidey and DD go very well together, so that’s the choice, in my mind.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like how the two street level guys work well together.  But then again the best partner for the mutant is an inhuman, if only the comic versions could learn how to coexist like the game. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having covered Spidey & DD recently, they really do work well together, they're both super fun to use as well.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just did this; maxed Gambit and DD, but only 5 covers for Peter, so he's getting left behind.  I'm going reserve my opinion since the Gambit buff right now is unrealistically good.  Gambit blocks DD purple, but otherwise they seem like an OK pair.  I'm partial to DD for the healing.  Likewise Gambit goes well with Surfer and Blackbolt, so i'm hoping for future Cosmic like vaults to help finish classics.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As someone who has pulled all of his accumulated LTs to get these three guys, I have to say that they were definitely worth the effort! Like sinnerjfl has stated before, Spidey and Daredevil have a very good synergy. Combine them with Vulture in Simulator and they will wreck level 470+ Panthos teams with ease!

Gambit and Daredevil are also devastating duo, even though you aren´t allowed to use DD´s great purple because of Gambit´s black.

The only downside I see is that these three characters don´t work well together when they´re on the same team.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've pulled about 60 of them so far, and I've gotten 1 Gambit (0/1/0), 2 Peter Parker (1/1/3), and 2 Daredevils (0/3/0).  So my odds have been 1/12, rather than the 1/7 stated on the token page.  Sad, but still well within the realm of probability for a small sample set.

The more annoying part is that out of the 60 tokens, I've only received one Bonus hero (a 4-star Vulture, bringing him to 5/5/3)
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've pulled about 60 of them so far, and I've gotten 1 Gambit (0/1/0), 2 Peter Parker (1/1/3), and 2 Daredevils (0/3/0).  So my odds have been 1/12, rather than the 1/7 stated on the token page.  Sad, but still well within the realm of probability for a small sample set.

The more annoying part is that out of the 60 tokens, I've only received one Bonus hero (a 4-star Vulture, bringing him to 5/5/3)
    I just opened 17 and got five 5 stars, so I fixed the average for you.