Will DD/Parker/Gambit be hoard worthy?

VizMantis
VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
I've saved 205 Latest pulls into My First Hoard.  Assuming I hit 250 in the DD/Parker/Gambit window, are they a bunch going for?  Or would it be better to wait for another set?

I'm asking generally about the quality of those 3.   But if roster matters, I have no 5*s with more than 6 covers currently.  I'm also not sure I'd be willing to put up with the tedium and self-control that building up a 2nd hoard would take, so this is probably my only shot at 5*s until they overhaul the 4 to 5 transition.

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    They all seem to be very good so yeah, would be a good time to pull.
  • VizMantis
    Sure, none of them are stinkers.  But do they work well as a team?  Or at least, do 2 of them work well as a team?  By my understanding, the meta is currently Panthos, maybe Gambolt in the near future. Will some combo of DD/Parker/Gambit be able to hang?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bear in mind, once you get some 5*s you'll be able to get more resources easier (unless you are hitting 1200 regularly without), and it's entirely possible to cover new 5*s while they are in tokens by using Cp on Latests only
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd wait until the next fivestar is released and see if you prefer them over Parker. Use that two hour window between the release and the change to Latest Legends to your advantage.
    Considering that the next fivestar is very likely Thor it might be worth waiting for even though Parker is very good.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two hour window? Sorry I don't understand, you have longer than that to see the new release before he goes in?
  • Quebbster
    Tony Foot said:
    Two hour window? Sorry I don't understand, you have longer than that to see the new release before he goes in?
    Brain fart. Meant to say two weeks, fingers typed hours instead.
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    I am waiting for 5* Thor.  Would 500 pulls be enough to cover max that set of three (Thor, DD, Gambit)? 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    BlackIC said:
    I am waiting for 5* Thor.  Would 500 pulls be enough to cover max that set of three (Thor, DD, Gambit)? 
    300 is the number being tossed around to be sure to cover 3.
  • VizMantis
    250-300 is what I've heard.  If it's a hard 300, then I guess I'll be hoarding for a while longer yet.
  • BlackIC
    Thanks all!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I don't own DD, but I'm almost certain that Spidey is stronger than him. And we already know what Gambit is capable of. So I guess it is a good time to spend.

It really depends on what you want to get from the spending. High chances that the next 5* would be from Thor universe (probably Thor himself). 

But Spidey is really good, and he can work undercovered also. As long as you can make web tiles, he can created critical tiles, and with the tile damage in 5* land, those will hit like a truck. I would personally recommend to chase Spidey, especially if you like him as character also. 

But probably the best advice is to wait until you know how the new 5* looks like. You'll have a 2 weeks window (until he gets in the packs) to make a better decision than now. 

For what is worth, I would recommend Spidey. 
  • Quebbster
    VizMantis said:
    250-300 is what I've heard.  If it's a hard 300, then I guess I'll be hoarding for a while longer yet.
    260 is the number going by averages. That assumes you don't get any dupes, and doesn't take Bonus Heroes into account. Hence 300 as a relatively safe buffer

Yeah, it's important to remember that it's a statistical determination - with 300 pulls you have a very good chance of covering all Three Latest Legends fivestars, but there's still a chance you might not. The more pulls you have, the greater your chance to succeed.

(Also, it's Worth remembering you will get a lot of fourstar covers too. If you can apply them as champion levels you will get extra pulls through the champion rewards).

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I've been floating around the 150-180 range for the last month or two.  I keep finding little mini hoard cracks to do (Classic rate whoops, Mes Amis rate whoops, chasing Thanos in Fan Favorites).  With the new meta that having the 3 latest is a huge PvE boost with them being frequently boosted 100 levels and required I plan to open my hoard when Ock leaves and start opening my latest much more frequently than I do today.  My thought is that even if I don't get Spidey (which would make me sad) I'd at least get him most of the way and it's less likely I'll miss out on the other two.  

I hit 13 covers on Thano5 yesterday so as long as I can get 2 of the 3 I will have a full team.  Plus my BP is 11.  I'm thinking that DD might have some good synergy with Panthos due to extra specials and healing at low health.  I could see making that my first 5* team.  Also Gambit seems really good all around.  I'm pretty excited to start really getting in 5* land.

Only real downside is I wish I had fewer non-champed 4*s, cover waste / ISO spending on 4* will probably be another weight that keeps dragging behind this effort.  We'll have to see how RNG treats me.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think they'll work particularly well together, but they all seem pretty good. I plan on opening my Latests for them.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I can't speak to Dar5devil, but Spid5y has really impressed me -- and this coming from someone who was absolutely livid at a 5* release being wasted on a duplicate character already existing in the tier. I don't even have his crit-making red yet (mine's only 1/3/0) but groups SO well with other web-creating characters (especially my champed Miles and Gwen) causing his green to hit like a truck. (All three of those also have 3 stuns using 3 different colors, which is great for whittling down a final foe)
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Gambit/ DD/ PP is a good trio to pull for. Thor will at the very least have high health. I’m fairly confident I’ll be able to cover Gambit/ DD/ Thor (???)before they leave the pool w/o hoarding. I’ve been doing that for a while now
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    FokaiHI said:
    Gambit/ DD/ PP is a good trio to pull for. Thor will at the very least have high health. I’m fairly confident I’ll be able to cover Gambit/ DD/ Thor (???)before they leave the pool w/o hoarding. I’ve been doing that for a while now
    Same...never had a problem champing them before the left latest.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    They haven't.  It's just extremely extremely likely.
    They usually promote MCU movies and Ragnarok comes up next.
    They recently did a push to get the MCU Avengers from the first move all into 5* tier, Thor is the only exception.
    Thor is already in every other tier but 1*.

Those 3 facts add up to a very likely 5* Thor release in or around the November launch of Ragnarok.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    5* Thor will come with short sleeves.
  • BlackIC
    And no Mjolnir.